Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old May 9, 2009, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
The "Promo" isn't F&F rates. The promo is paying staff for their F&F bookings.

The F&F program has been a constant with Fairmont for a very long time. Don't expect this to chage for January.
Thanks sean, this is really helpful info for me and my plans
Old May 9, 2009, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I see no harm in comparing what we've booked though.
Me neither. I'd expect happy customers creating a buzz and telling others is something Fairmont would want to encourage not discourage.
Old May 9, 2009, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
I just came back from a 2 nights/3 day stay at Fairmont Singapore. My plane arrived early at 2 AM and waited till 6AM before heading to the hotel, in which I was able to get a room right away. I never was asked about how I made the booking at all. Also, I was able to get a late check-out at 3PM for my flight to Seoul was at 10PM. Overall, it was a great experience. Thanks to the OP. ^^^
Old May 10, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Raffles or Swissotels Success Stories?

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I don't think there has been any confirmed Raffles or Swissotels success stories yet. The program original introduced in this thread didn't include those even though some have been able to make reservations online with the NFAF. All you need is the NFAF as there is no where to put a booker ID number. But no one has really confirmed how valid this NFAF code is with these two chains.
Does anyone have any success stories to report on Swissotel and Raffles yet?

Have a trip to Sydney coming up and the Swissotel Sydney looks like a good bet for me esp with the NFAF rates.

Any confirmed successes with the Swissotel or Raffles chain would help.

Thanks in advance.

~Angela
Old May 10, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Like what was said in earlier posts, The Friends and Family program was only launched in the current form with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. Raffles and Swissotels are not participating in the current program. They may share the same ownership group but they are seperate chains/companies and do not have to honor anything. The other chains have the old system in place still which requires verification from the staff member so booking Raffles/Swissotels is VERY do it at your own risk. Just because one person reports a success story doesnt mean the hotels have to repeat it for someone else.

Im not trying to sound too negative here, but please be aware that they are not officially participating...

have fun!

Originally Posted by World_Traveller

Have a trip to Sydney coming up and the Swissotel Sydney looks like a good bet for me esp with the NFAF rates.

Thanks in advance.

~Angela
Old May 10, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
As mentioned in the reply to your PM, the easiest way to find the answer you're looking for is by calling the specific hotel you're planning on booking. Perhaps tell them that your friend gave you the NFAF code that works at Fairmont hotels and told you they were unsure if it includes Raffles and Swissotels so you decided to find out because you were interested in booking their hotel if that was the case. I think that's what I would do.

Originally Posted by World_Traveller

Thanks in advance.

~Angela
Old May 11, 2009, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
As mentioned in the reply to your PM, the easiest way to find the answer you're looking for is by calling the specific hotel you're planning on booking. Perhaps tell them that your friend gave you the NFAF code that works at Fairmont hotels and told you they were unsure if it includes Raffles and Swissotels so you decided to find out because you were interested in booking their hotel if that was the case. I think that's what I would do.
Raffles/Swissotels is still using the old system of making friends and family reservations where the staff member has to make the reservations with the internal system or by calling in for the friend/family member. They usually verify with the internal Fairmont/Raffles directory to see if you do work for the company. I guess it will depend on the hotel and reservation agent you get when you call a Raffles/Swissotels and if they say they will honor it, then consider yourself very lucky as you shouldnt be able to do it. Only Fairmont Hotels and Resorts have currently and officially opened the NFAF reservation method/code for people to make reservations themselves online.

Again, book at your own risk and good luck!
Old May 11, 2009, 12:45 am

It's their own fault for allowing their system to accept the code from their hotel websites. That or they do have something available where your family and friends are able to book their own reservations themselves that we don't know about.

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
Raffles/Swissotels is still using the old system of making friends and family reservations where the staff member has to make the reservations with the internal system or by calling in for the friend/family member. They usually verify with the internal Fairmont/Raffles directory to see if you do work for the company. I guess it will depend on the hotel and reservation agent you get when you call a Raffles/Swissotels and if they say they will honor it, then consider yourself very lucky as you shouldnt be able to do it. Only Fairmont Hotels and Resorts have currently and officially opened the NFAF reservation method/code for people to make reservations themselves online.

Again, book at your own risk and good luck!
Old May 11, 2009, 4:47 am

Got Lake Louise!

When the first day of my 3-day stay in Lake Louise fell into the 90-day window, I was able to book all 3 nights (to respond to an earlier thread).

So, although I am still unable to book an earlier stay in Seattle, I am heaving a huge sigh of relief that I got Lake Louise (where there are far fewer places to stay, unlike Seattle).

Question: for purposes of racking up FPC credits, can an FPC member (me) book rooms for multiple people? I'm traveling with family, and I want to know if I should book their rooms under my name for credit (3 rooms for 3 nights would almost get me premier status immediately).
Old May 11, 2009, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by sequitur
When the first day of my 3-day stay in Lake Louise fell into the 90-day window, I was able to book all 3 nights (to respond to an earlier thread).

So, although I am still unable to book an earlier stay in Seattle, I am heaving a huge sigh of relief that I got Lake Louise (where there are far fewer places to stay, unlike Seattle).

Question: for purposes of racking up FPC credits, can an FPC member (me) book rooms for multiple people? I'm traveling with family, and I want to know if I should book their rooms under my name for credit (3 rooms for 3 nights would almost get me premier status immediately).
As much as everyone wants that to work that way, it doesnt. Sorry.
Its best to change the name on each reservation to the person staying in the room and sign everyone up for FPC seperately. The computer system will pick up overlapping days at the same hotel for the same name/FPC number and only issue one stay credit.

have fun at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and the Canadian Rockies!
Old May 11, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Just used this @ Fairmont Royal Pavillion, Barbados. Got exactly 50% off the lowest published rate, and a wonderful beachfront room.

Big Thanks to NYX!!
Old May 11, 2009, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by trojanman
Just used this @ Fairmont Royal Pavillion, Barbados. Got exactly 50% off the lowest published rate, and a wonderful beachfront room.

Big Thanks to NYX!!
Wow, what a great deal! Enjoy!
Old May 12, 2009, 6:11 am

Plaza - exceptional stay!

Just completed a 4 night stay at the Plaza. Had booked the weekend OP posted this deal. All I can say is it was an exceptional stay! We got the FF rate, no mention of it at all throughout the stay. They treated us no differently because of it. Staff were stellar, professional, curteous, etc. Hotel was busy, which was good to see. Butler service is far too easy to get used to.

The Plaza, and Fairmont, have reaffirmed my belief that Customer Service does actuallly still exist in this world (unlike the CO flight up to EWR - but that's another story). As mentioned many times in this deal, this is a win-win for us and Fairmont. We plan on staying at the Fairmont in Boston on a planned trip up there, even if we can't get the FF deal. Now if only they had properties in Bangkok and Hanoi for later this year!

A BIG thanks to CanuckFlyHigh for posting this, and to nyx.t2t for his assistance.
Old May 12, 2009, 8:11 am

Glad to hear yet another success story! It's great to hear that the service at Fairmont is the same whether or not you're staying on an FFF rate or paying full price.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Originally Posted by BizClsDreaming
Just completed a 4 night stay at the Plaza. Had booked the weekend OP posted this deal. All I can say is it was an exceptional stay! We got the FF rate, no mention of it at all throughout the stay. They treated us no differently because of it. Staff were stellar, professional, curteous, etc. Hotel was busy, which was good to see. Butler service is far too easy to get used to.

The Plaza, and Fairmont, have reaffirmed my belief that Customer Service does actuallly still exist in this world (unlike the CO flight up to EWR - but that's another story). As mentioned many times in this deal, this is a win-win for us and Fairmont. We plan on staying at the Fairmont in Boston on a planned trip up there, even if we can't get the FF deal. Now if only they had properties in Bangkok and Hanoi for later this year!

A BIG thanks to CanuckFlyHigh for posting this, and to nyx.t2t for his assistance.
Old May 13, 2009, 3:00 pm

Swissotel

Booked Moscow for a couple of days in June using NFAF. The hotel sent me an email asking for Swissotel employee ID information before they would send me the VISA Support Documents. I told them I had a friend with Fairmont Hotels. They said that would be okay but they needed a name and identification number before they would send me the docs. I wasn't able to supply the information so I cancelled and booked at the Le Meridian National. Too bad. The Swissotel looked very nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.