Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 11:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Hasn't been too hard to get around it for me in some cases as I was asking today for end Sept. for Canadian Rockies hotels and some showed NFAF pricing beyond the 90 day window.
I see some of the hotels open till Aug 24ish. But if you can book it, go for it!
Old May 26, 2009, 11:47 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by edmonton2001
I see some of the hotels open till Aug 24ish. But if you can book it, go for it!
I don't think it's just the fact that the hotels are showing special rates but some of us are starting to use the idea of booking an earlier date and then editing their reserved days to days outside of the 90 day window.
Old May 27, 2009, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I don't think it's just the fact that the hotels are showing special rates but some of us are starting to use the idea of booking an earlier date and then editing their reserved days to days outside of the 90 day window.
I think this is a BAD idea
Old May 27, 2009, 3:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
I think this is a BAD idea
Agreed. Dont push it. Keep within the terms and conditions of the program or the company does reserve the right to pull it at any time.
Old May 27, 2009, 6:01 am

Agreed. Dont push it. Keep within the terms and conditions of the program or the company does reserve the right to pull it at any time.
I couldn't agree more with you guys. I've already posted this as a warning and replied to a few messages inquiring about that... but that is what I think riu girl was requesting assistance with... NOT how to actually use the codes. But anyway, it's a big risk to take to possibly ruin this promotion for everyone if people decide to scam beyond the 90 day window out.

Last edited by nyx.t2t; May 27, 2009 at 12:38 pm
Old May 27, 2009, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by riu girl
Can someone please walk me through this process? I am unable to get it to work for me. I am interested in NFAF rates at the Fairmont in Miami for check in Dec 25, Check out Dec 31, 2009 2 adults, 2 children.

Thank you
It worked for me. I got a NFAF rate confirmed reservation for December '09. You need to book a reservation within the 90 day time frame. When you get to the confirmation page during the reservation process there is a link 'modify reservation'. click on that and then change the dates. You may want to look up your reservation on their website using the confirmation number. I keep checking mine and so far it "sticks"
Old May 27, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
I thoroughly agree with edmonton that we should keep within the spirit of the promo. At the same time, I'd like to say that it's not really like Fairmont the company is doing us a favour here. It is so very obvious that what's going on is with the implicit blessing of the company. Indeed, in today's down market, this is a boon for them in terms of revenue generation. So it's not so much a case of let's be good kids lest mommy Fairmont pull the plug on us.

Low as NFAF rates are, I'm sure they more than cover variable cost, thus adding to the company's bottom line.

I'd think that the bright marketing folks at Fairmont are not in the dark about this. In fact, there's a move on at the Fairmont forum to get a Fairmont rep to monitor the threads.

So, yeah, sure, stay within bounds of the promo, 'cause that's the right thing to do, but not because we might displease mommy Fairmont.
Old May 27, 2009, 2:45 pm

about book id

HI
I checked my reservation today noticed that book id on the confirmation showed 00000001 instead of the book id I entered; then I tried to make another reservation and get the same result, is that normal??

many thanks.
Old May 27, 2009, 3:41 pm

Yes. This issue has been brought up several times in the thread now. It is just a security feature to protect the code that is being used.

Originally Posted by nanpaixiaobao
HI
I checked my reservation today noticed that book id on the confirmation showed 00000001 instead of the book id I entered; then I tried to make another reservation and get the same result, is that normal??

many thanks.
Old May 27, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Another great stay ... Fairmont Mayakoba over Memorial Day weekend. Upgraded to casita. Service was incredible. Thanks again to nyx and the other Fairmonters for all this wonderful info.

If anyone is interested, I posted a comprehensive review in the sticky in the FPC forum. FWIW, we spent quite a bit in incidentals and tipped generously.

Fairmont Chicago this weekend with 12 friends!
Old May 28, 2009, 11:40 am

Does anyone know what the maximum number of nights you can book for a single stay happens to be? Or does that vary by hotel?

Although I can't try to book yet (my potential stay won't be till October), I was trying to see what was available in Vancouver in August, just for informational purposes. I can get 7 nights to show up, but not 8 or more. If there's a maximum of 7 nights, could we book 2 separate reservations and have them linked together?

Sorry if this was already addressed. I searched, but didn't find the information. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:49 am

I don't believe this has been addressed yet... so GREAT question! I've had a few people book more than 7 nights with this promotion before... so it could be possible that the limit is just with the hotel you are trying to book OR there is nothing available after the first 7 days that you book for you to stay longer. Your best bet would be to book online first so you can take advantage of the promotion and then call reservations to see if you can extend the reservation. If not, you can probably cancel without any fees (just make sure you read through their cancellation policy before submitting your reservation).

Originally Posted by Idranet
Does anyone know what the maximum number of nights you can book for a single stay happens to be? Or does that vary by hotel?

Although I can't try to book yet (my potential stay won't be till October), I was trying to see what was available in Vancouver in August, just for informational purposes. I can get 7 nights to show up, but not 8 or more. If there's a maximum of 7 nights, could we book 2 separate reservations and have them linked together?

Sorry if this was already addressed. I searched, but didn't find the information. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:40 pm

Thanks, nyx.t2t. When I get within the 90 days, I'll give it a try.
Old May 29, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Boston Fairmonts

Just completed stay at Boston Copley Plaza; beautiful, historical hotel, which is all about soft cushioned chairs/sofas, silk & damask coverings/cushions & plenty of gold & crystal. Had a beautiful king room on gold floor & very happy with room, stay & service. ^

Now I am at Fairmont Battery Wharf, & what a difference: all modern, sleek & elegant. New hotel so they have a few issues to resolve but service & location is great; hotel interior & guest rooms are stunning + harbor views are wonderful. A very walkable neighborhood that is old italian with great restaurants, shops & key American Revolution sites nearby (Old North Church 2 block walk!).
Old May 30, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club
Posted in error

Last edited by RectoryCafe; May 30, 2009 at 8:48 am Reason: Meant to PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.