[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I'm noticing that too! I think now that there have been more successes, people aren't as skeptical about this deal.

PM'ed the last few who asked for a booker ID.

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Wow, seems like this is dominating Google searches now, based on the number of new folks as of late.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 2:43 pm

I'd love a Booker ID too! Maui in Sept - 2 rooms at better rates than the Ritz!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:19 pm

Me TOO!!

Could someone provide me with a Booker ID. please
Nothing like leaving things to the last minute but i need it for tonight.

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Anniemaykay
I'd love a Booker ID too! Maui in Sept - 2 rooms at better rates than the Ritz!
Originally Posted by keener
Could someone provide me with a Booker ID. please
Nothing like leaving things to the last minute but i need it for tonight.

Thanks

Got your PMs and replied to them both.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Can someone PM the Booker ID for stay at Anaheim on 5th July.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by kay_jay
Can someone PM the Booker ID for stay at Anaheim on 5th July.
Done
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Just booked a trip to Kenya purely based on this wonderful promotion. End of August 5 nights at the Masai Mara for a rate you would not believe even if I told you. Same wonderful rate for the Fairmont Norfolk in Nairobi on the way in and on the way out. In the height of the season and hopefully some left over great migration. What a deal, what a deal...

I am so enthusiastic about this unexpected bonus trip... Thanks nyx.t2t!
Careful ! There are substantial resort and park fees at this hotel that are not enclosed !

I recommend to get in touch with the hotel for an exact information and quote to be on the safe side (if you care).

Cheers,
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Careful ! There are substantial resort and park fees at this hotel that are not enclosed !

I recommend to get in touch with the hotel for an exact information and quote to be on the safe side (if you care).

Cheers,
Thanks. I understand the hotel itself is outside of the park, so you do not have to pay park fees unless you go a game drive. Not 100% sure though, so I mailed to hotel to confirm. Awaiting the answer...

I knew about the 26% surcharge, but still a steal. (The added $60 a day would make it more expensive but you would have to pay that anyway.)

The game drives at $40 I actually don't find too expensive. I do expect to be completely ripped off with the price of food since the only alternative is to compete for steak with the lions.

EDIT: Mara Safari Club is located in the Ol Choro Ol Roua conservation area, just outside the park.

You only pay park fees when you go on a game drive, so that is normal. I expected that.

Last edited by henkybaby; Jul 1, 2009 at 10:26 am
Old Jul 2, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Checked into Chateau Laurier in Ottawa on June 30 for Canada Day using NFAF rates. No problem at all. Great stay. Hotel is wonderful. No questions asked.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 7:22 am
Original Member

Can I get a Booker ID too. Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2009, 9:22 am

can i get a booker id too? thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2009, 2:37 pm

great deal--thanks!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I booked in Victoria for $119, but I didn't enter a booker id. If you could pm me, I'll modify the reservation. Thanks soooo much! Can't wait to stay there!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
I just got back home from another great stay at The Plaza in NYC. I even had the opportunity to take the Phantom for a spin. Great service and I was upgraded to the next room category.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by jlkenyer
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I booked in Victoria for $119, but I didn't enter a booker id. If you could pm me, I'll modify the reservation. Thanks soooo much! Can't wait to stay there!
I try to book victoria now with NFAF it is still $359....
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Thanks. I understand the hotel itself is outside of the park, so you do not have to pay park fees unless you go a game drive. Not 100% sure though, so I mailed to hotel to confirm. Awaiting the answer...

I knew about the 26% surcharge, but still a steal. (The added $60 a day would make it more expensive but you would have to pay that anyway.)

The game drives at $40 I actually don't find too expensive. I do expect to be completely ripped off with the price of food since the only alternative is to compete for steak with the lions.

EDIT: Mara Safari Club is located in the Ol Choro Ol Roua conservation area, just outside the park.

You only pay park fees when you go on a game drive, so that is normal. I expected that.
I just stayed at the Mara Club about 2 weeks ago. It was a wonderful stay. They charge $66 per day per person for food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) which I thought was quite reasonable given that they could gouge more. You have to pay the $40 park fees regardless of whether you go on the game drives or not. The $40 fee for game drives is again not too bad, specially for the 3-hour evening ones (morning ones are 2 hours). The "park fees" go to the local Masai people that the hotel has leased the land from. Remember that the Masai Mara is a game reserve and not a national park. Its land occupied (and some of it owned) by the Masai. The $99 rate is definitely worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.