Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Everyone upgraded to, or booking an Exec Room gets restaurant included breakfast to my knowlege here in Rotterdam. At weekends really occupancy can be very full and thus crazy queues when too many turn up only 30minutes before closing time for breakfast.

Weekends the lounge is closed for breakfast anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Lounge was open for breakfast this morning
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:00 pm

Thumbs down

Update 20 dec 2014:

Second time that the executive lounge is bad. Hilton Rotterdam is selling their rooms cheap in weekend and giving updates to regular guests. Conclusion is that lounge is crowded and that Hilton is serving less and bad products at their lounge.
To bad, this lounge was very good 6 months ago but is losing their Elite status.

Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Our favourite attendant has gone as well. You are right on the F&B quality in the lounge now, long gone are the langoustines but not necessarily busy. Rotterdam is hardly a weekend place. Royal Parc is much busier on weekends.

Still giving Exec Suite upgrades which is good.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:05 am

Unhappy

Update: General Manager has left this hotel. Reception told me that change is coming, no more welcome packages/bottle wine or fruit for diamonds members and standard simpel lounge snacks.
Reason: They want to follow European Hilton Standards.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
This is terrible news Mr Rutgers was a great manager with a heart for 'his' hotel..

Any idea what hotel he is going to manage?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:44 am

I fully agree. Mister Rutgers has left Hilton for a new chapter after Hilton. I'm afraid what's going on at Hilton Rotterdam. Process started few months ago with less products at their executive lounge. I will be back there end of January to update you all.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Well, will that really be big changes? I had a number of (weekend) stays there in summer 2014, and whilst I received a generous upgrade, there was certainly no welcome gift (except for water), no afternoon tea and snacks, ok, they were better than at a number of Hiltons, but I cannot remember anything particularly amazing. Except for the chef coming around offering icecream to the children.

Further downgrades will certainly be bad.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:25 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
One night stay beginning of December 2014.

Gold, requested Executive Suite in comments; and received the upgrade.

Lounge closed, received coupon for 4 drinks + some nibbles in the lobby bar. Breakfast was provided in the restaurant (full breakfast). All for a total of €75 all-in.

Walking distance to train station. Nice suite.

Best feature? Walking distance to what, very well, might be the best "new" restaurant in the Netherlands, FG Food Labs. Absolutely fabulous, I highly recommend. (of course, nobody at at reception had ever heard of it). This restaurant is worth the trip to Rotterdam. Believe me!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
No wonder suites seem rare for diamonds...........
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's impressive you got an Executive Suite baccarat_king I thought they only gave those to Diamond's. The power of FT...one can always ask for a Gold to be downgraded if one day I am only assigned a JS...
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Update: General Manager has left this hotel. Reception told me that change is coming, no more welcome packages/bottle wine or fruit for diamonds members and standard simpel lounge snacks.
Reason: They want to follow European Hilton Standards.
What European Hilton Standards? They are all over the place. There is no "standard". In that case why don't they follow the German Hilton's that provide an afternoon tea, or Tower Bridge or Canary Wharf. Or maybe they want to copy Newcastle which is crap or maybe Prague OT which is good and gives Diamond's a gift every night.

Let me guess, new GM's first GM posting? TBH I can do without the crap plonk because going hand baggage only means I can't take it home to cook with!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:39 pm

Karin van den Berg will be the new GM from February. She will start with some priority things like: Better ExecutiveLounge experience, Better guest Elite recognition at frontdesk, fresh products at lounge and breakfast, Better Diamond treatment and upgrades.
I just had a interview with management at Hilton Rotterdam so things will be better.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:32 am

Update about breakfast at Hilton Rotterdam, fresh products are returning like Fresh Salmon, Bio-products.

Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: HH D
These salmon and deli cuts are a minimal requirement for a 5-star hotel breakfast. I fail to believe the salmon has ever been away, unless they ran out of it on a particular day. So nothing special imo. It would be more informative to point out they are offering local hotel-rooftop harvested honey at breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.