Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Even under previous GM, it was noted that at weekend Fri, Sat night stays, hotel only sold Exec's and everyone had breakfast in restaurant on Sunday morning with atrocious queues as many arrived to queue 30mins before time.

No I never got a room even on corp rate below 76-80++ euros even on these cheap weekends.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have a 1-night booking; booked the lowest room level but applied for the eStandaby for 0 Euro.
Will I still have chances to be upgraded to Exec floor even if I applied for NOR1 upgrade?

Thanks

Last edited by MarcoGT; Mar 16, 2016 at 8:45 am
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
I am a 1-night booking; booked the lowest room level but applied for the eStandaby for 0 Euro.
Will I still have chances to be upgraded to Exec floor even if I applied for NOR1 upgrade?

Thanks
To what room type does the €0 upgrade get you?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:45 am

Upgrade at 0€ is for a Junior Suite (not Executive Suite)
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Upgrade at 0€ is for a Junior Suite (not Executive Suite)

If you get the junior suite you will also receive the executive lounge acces. Also if you are a diamond member you will get the lounge acces regardless of the upgrade.

Great hotel with a fantastic lounge, good food offerings and drinks selection!

Enjoy!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
We also stayed here just over a week ago. Indeed a very good hotel (lounge better layout and larger than Hilton The Hague, offerings were similar). Breakfast spread in The Hague (main restaurant) is definitely superior to Rotterdam (main restaurant) but still good.
Also loved the rooms (we were upgraded from a base room to a junior suite even though I choose €0 Nor1 upgrade to Executive suite and a few were available at time of check in - we were happy though so no complaints).
In 2 weeks time we're back there :-)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:19 am

Thanks for the info!
No Diamond, only Gold
Old May 10, 2016, 12:40 am

Stayed one night on the first May weekend.
Booked the HHonors Rate (lowest room level) and received upgrade to Executive Level.
It was over weekend so hotel was almost empty. Breakfast in restaurant was very good, asked for gluten free bread and they brought it to me after ten minutes.
Lounge is ok for food, but could be better for location (ground floor).
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:14 pm

Stayed last thursday to saturday at the Hilton Rotterdam and was upgraded to a junior suite from a standard room (reasonable cash rate, not booked during a sale). Basic suites were showing as available but I didn't push for a suite. The hotel was farther from the train station than I expected but I think would be really convenient by metro. Loved the color scheme of the rooms.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I'm here on Sunday evening, not stayed here before and looking forward to it......will do the usual live trip report!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 4, 2016 at 7:51 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was there last night and stay regularly. I like it. In the Hilton Schipol Airport tonight which is very good.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MCM1
I was there last night and stay regularly. I like it. In the Hilton Schipol Airport tonight which is very good.
Actually, I should add that I've never eaten in the restaurant (except perfectly fine breakfast). It renamed recently to Roots. Guy at the bar last night was saying it was terrible.
He loved the fish & chips from the bar menu and it looked good. I had probably the worst pizza ever, so avoid that. Probably better to eat out in Rotterdam.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by MCM1
Actually, I should add that I've never eaten in the restaurant (except perfectly fine breakfast). It renamed recently to Roots. Guy at the bar last night was saying it was terrible.
He loved the fish & chips from the bar menu and it looked good. I had probably the worst pizza ever, so avoid that. Probably better to eat out in Rotterdam.
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated....yes open to suggestions.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Had a great stay at this property a year ago, but the lounge experience was subpar. The food/drinks were good, but I've never seen so many people "camping" in a lounge before! It seemed as though some groups stayed there the entire day, and seating was often hard to find.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:01 am

Arrived at 1-30pm, check in took under one minute!, upgraded from King guest room to King executive suite , WOW.....it's huge! , lounge area -dining table and chairs , corner sofa......It's very similar to the room botb had a few pages back.......501....poked my head in lounge before going off explore, great snacks- muffins, flapjacks, fruits.
Now back in room relaxing, will go to the lounge later and will report back!......impressed!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.