Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Delectatio
The frosted glass in the lounge is a very recent change, I was also in the Rotterdam Hilton 2 weeks ago and noticed it as well. A good month ago the glass was still clear and it was nice being able to look outside from the lounge (even though it felt like being in a zoo sometimes with all the people walking passed :-))
I agree on the Hilton The Hague being the slightly better hotel (better breakfast and lounge in my opinion but only when the weather is nice so you can enjoy the terrace, otherwise I would go for Rotterdam as the lounge is much more spacious and there is plenty of comfortable seating available). The Hague can be stingy with upgrades though, while Rotterdam is usually quiet generous.
The lobby of the Rotterdam Hilton is also much more luxurious and spacious (but we don't usually spend a lot of time there anyway :-))
Some very good points there delectatio, if fact I couldn't add anything more accurate.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by wizla
Some very good points there delectatio, if fact I couldn't add anything more accurate.
Nice review as always wizla, glad you had a good time and the hotels treated you right. ^

I'd almost say that the choice of hotel comes down to a single factor: people that like big cities and flash hotels will like Rotterdam better, those that prefer smaller more personal cities and understated hotels will like The Hague better. (IMO)
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Nice review as always wizla, glad you had a good time and the hotels treated you right. ^

I'd almost say that the choice of hotel comes down to a single factor: people that like big cities and flash hotels will like Rotterdam better, those that prefer smaller more personal cities and understated hotels will like The Hague better. (IMO)
Cheers, I guess technically Rotterdam had the edge but I simply enjoyed my stay at Hague more, maybe the great weather played a part.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I can realte to the struggle of deciding between Rotterdam and Den Haag - I usually combine staying at both hotels for all the reasons mentioned above. Different flair of cities and properties.

If I had to choose, it probably would be Den Haag - exec lounge terraces add a lot of bonus points in my book.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
I can realte to the struggle of deciding between Rotterdam and Den Haag - I usually combine staying at both hotels for all the reasons mentioned above. Different flair of cities and properties.

If I had to choose, it probably would be Den Haag - exec lounge terraces add a lot of bonus points in my book.
For me, having stayed at both properties recently, I do admit that the Hague property from Lounge location is nice, especially with the outside terrace (wait till autumn/winter time and most probably 80% of the time the terrace will only be used for smokers) and the lounge will be standing space only.

However, my pref. is still with the Rotterdam property because
a) I find the food spread much better in the lounge and breakfast
b) staff are much nicer @ the Rotterdam property
c) much better recognition of HHonors members (why should I ask for an upgrade at check-in?)
d) Rooms are more spacious @ the Rotterdam property even though not upgraded vs The Hague (comparing normal executive rooms).

OTOH - I have only stayed once @ the Hague property and numerous times at the Rotterdam one (nostalgia). Maybe I should give the Hague property another try (was not very happy from my last stay).
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by wizla
........... next time hilton Amsterdam.
You'll enjoy the lounge in Hilton Amsterdam - fantastic views (but no outdoor area).
And the hotel is situated in a very nice and quiet area.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a time when the lounge at RTM was really very bare bones but those times are behind us, but still no spirits IIRC whereas Hague has spirits.

I love the Exec Suites at RTM. The podium "desks" have a special feel to them in those rooms.

I can indeed recommend the Hilton Amsterdam now that Roberto Payer has moved on.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by hugolover
but still no spirits IIRC whereas Hague has spirits.
The Rotterdam Hilton also has spirits in the lounge; Bombay Gin, some Whiskey and Absolut Vodka...
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:06 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
There was a time when the lounge at RTM was really very bare bones but those times are behind us, but still no spirits IIRC whereas Hague has spirits.
As of my last visit in May, Rotterdam has spirits in the lounge. Actually, they first appeared at the beginning of the year (I was also there in January).
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is marvellous news. I haven't been there since Q4 last year. They finally listened to me. Is the Lipton tea machine still present?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:23 pm

That is marvellous news. I haven't been there since Q4 last year. They finally listened to me. Is the Lipton tea machine still present?
Can confirm there was spirits in lounge, gin wisky and vodka , didn't see a tea machine, teabag in a cup and used hot water from the industrial nesspresso machine they have in there.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:36 pm

nice lounge, but...

two nights in a row the same servings: veggies, smoked salmon, mettwurst sausage and fried croquettes (in every indefinable flavour) extremely disappointing spread!!!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:40 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Staying here in two weeks, any word on the recent experience? Is the executive lounge any good?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Just a small data point about this hotel, based on our last stay (a week ago).
Executive lounge access is now only given for 2 people per room and only for one room. I booked 2 rooms (took my parents for a weekend away because of father's birthday) and even though they agreed to upgrade both rooms to the executive level (I arranged this by phone the night before) they wanted an extra 50 EUR for lounge access for the second room during the check in proces. I know that according to 'the rules' they don't have to upgrade both rooms but this was the first time for me that a hotel didn't give lounge access for 2 rooms in the same booking. After a small discussion they agreed to waive the extra fee.
When we were in the lounge in the evening they came around to ask people's room number and at the table next to us (3 single guys sharing the same room) one person was asked to leave the executive lounge because "only 2 persons per room were allowed in the lounge". The guys asked if they could pay a fee for the 3rd person and this wasn't possible so one had to leave...

We still like this hotel a lot but if am taking friends or family again in the future (which happens quiet often) I will go elsewhere I am afraid...
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Delectatio
one person was asked to leave the executive lounge because "only 2 persons per room were allowed in the lounge". The guys asked if they could pay a fee for the 3rd person and this wasn't possible so one had to leave...
Wow, that is an impressive level of terrible customer service!

It'd be one thing to complain if they were sneaking in friends that weren't in Exec rooms, but this is really rather poor. Can it really cost them that much to accommodate the 3rd guest?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.