Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
pleasant recent stay at hilton rotterdam

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
The EL was closed last month for renovations so they allowed Diamonds open bar in the lobby for self + 1 until 11 pm. Our party of 4- with 2 Diamonds- had them rethinking that strategy.

How did the EL look?
stayed here last month and found the location convenient - walking distance from the railway station, easy access to public transport and some of the sights.

the executive lounge was large and comfortable for a drink in the evening - it is not open for breakfast on weekends.

not the most inspiring hilton but a lot cheaper than the one in amsterdam!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Major renovations underway at the property- gutting and rebuilding of guest rooms and common spaces. I had one of the new rooms recently. The theme is wood, walnut I think, in a somewhat Scandanavian forest motif. Some of the pieces in the room felt insubstantial, like they wouldn't wear well, and I wish they had done more with technology in the room in terms of a putting master control panel by the bed, and powered window blinds.

Still an improvement.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The renovations are still going, but apparently it's largely the non-room areas that are still to go. The letter I got on checkin said noise may occur 8.30am-6pm in the week, 10.30am-6.30pm on weekends, but haven't noticed any yet. The rooms have been refurbished, and seem very nice - not quite as good as at the Hilton in the The Hague, but still pretty good. Mine came with a Nespresso machine, a kettle and a view over the fountain, which I think's a win. Internet's pretty ropey though... The restaurant and executive lounge are both on the ground floor and pretty small, but the staff have been incredibly friendly and helpful, and the food and drink were good. Worth a visit even with the renovations, especially if you can snag one of the amazingly cheap non-refundable weekend rates I'm here on
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Thumbs up Hilton Rotterdam is back at the top!

Just checked in for doing a live review for my fanpage Hiltonhotelfans. The Hilton Rotterdam has been renovated and the result is good. Not only the rooms are better, also the staff has been trained. The service-level of the employees are much better. In the past there were to many internships members.
At check is was pleasantly welcomed by Jacqueline the frontdeskmanager..
I was recognized as Diamond member and got a nice upgrade to a Suite (room 301, see pictures).
The room was nice, new and very clean.
I had some drinks at the executive lounge and there was some small food. The lounge is currently under construction. The hostess at the lounge was very friendly.
This morning i wake up with the express bill at my room, this was not good. They charged me 20 euro for Internet as a Diamond Member. Why not check my status before billing me 20 euro for Internet? Now i have to go to the reception again.
The breakfast was in the main restaurant, the lounge is closed for breakfast. As Diamond member i got the full breakfast. The breakfast is good with enough things to chose from.
Conclusion: The Rotterdam Hilton is back at the top, my compliments to all the staff and employers at this Hotel. I will recommend this hotel to Hiltonhotelfans.

Last edited by ITravelElite; Aug 8, 2013 at 9:05 am Reason: type error
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum
Charging Diamond members for internet doesn't sound like being on top of it though.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
They do not charge for Diamond Members if you use the code they provide at check in.

I also stay a lot at this property, and I also had the charge for the internet because a front desk member told me to log in with my room number and charge it to the room so that he could remove it. Unfortunately he forgot to do this, but at check out they removed it.

I like this hotel a lot, they always hook me up with one of their great suites and the refurbishment is very nice.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
at the reception the problem was solved
Internet is free for gold and diamond members

Pascal
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I haven't stayed here for a year or so, but will be back in a couple of months. Looking forward to seeing the improvements...
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Was there recently, while the renovations were still very much in progress (lobby was closed off, temp front desk, old bar/lounge, however had a renovated room that was great.

As a Diamond, was given comps at the bar. Internet was free as well. Based on the plans for what may now be open, should be a great property for any stays in R'dam
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Can someone confirm that the executive lounge is opened during the weekends?
Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum
Hilton Rotterdam is back at the top!

It is, but not for breakfast - that's served in the restaurant.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Excellent Hilton hotel: everything is brandnew and tiptop!
The staff is highly professional, very friendly and fully focused on making your stay smooth and memorable.
I had two very pleasant stays this year in the Rotterdam Hilton, and got upgraded twice.
I would highly recommend this Hilton both for business and private stays in Holland. ^^
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I stayed at the Hilton Rotterdam for my second time this weekend, and once again liked it. The refurbishments are completed, and it's looking very nice inside! Staff were friendly and helpful as ever, for example one of the receptionists even came out to help me use the cash machine round the corner, as I couldn't get it to change into English! The executive lounge is a bit bigger now than it was during the rennovations, snacks were tasty and enough to skip dinner on

I overheard the manager talking to some guests in the lounge, and it sounds like they try really hard to make conferences go well, so it could be a good bet for that as well as leisure stays. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the central station, or 30 minutes by bus from the airport (24 min bus + short walk to the hotel), and with BA flying from Heathrow + CityJet from London city, you can get there pretty easily!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is the Centraal Station renovations still a mess though? Last time I had to walk around a scaffolding literally all the way to the front of the street and back just to cross the road to the Hilton.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:22 pm

Still in progress, but it's not as bad as it was when I went through there this time last year (which I think is roughly the situation you've described). Wikipedia seems to indicate it's nearly finished...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.