Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Hotel exterior still looks very dated. Inside looks ok. The exec room is ok.

Looks like the exec lounge was reopened today after renovation (so the staff told me). Posting from the exec lounge now. It looks ok (i.e. new) but the style is very conservative (=boring).
Good selection of drinks (beer, wine, gin, vodka, rum, baileys, whiskey, etc).
I missed the evening snacks so I cannot comment on them. Free booze until 10:30 pm !
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:04 pm

Just three posts about the Rotterdam Hilton? Nobody stayed there after Jan 2002??? I'll be there in two weeks! Any recent infos would be highly appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I was there for 2 nights in February of this year. The room I received was pretty much your standard Hilton room; reasonably sized, but nothing to write home about. The hotel is easy walking distance from the train station. Be aware, though, there's a lot of construction ongoing in and around the station, and I found some of the sidewalks were blocked. The Hilton is close to a pedestrian mall, and there are quite a few restaurants nearby.

The lounge is one floor above the ground floor. To get there, you pass through an area used as a sort of reception area for the meeting rooms. The breakfast buffet is nice, with the usual pastries, cereal, meats, etc. Also, they will call a cook up from the main restaurant to prepare omelets upon request. There are 2 internet enabled computers, but no free wi-fi. There are a selection of newspapers and magazines, too. In the evening, there are good offerings of food (warm and cold appetizers) and drink (soft drinks, juices, wine, and I think beer) from around 17:30 to 19:30, if memory serves. There's enough variety that you can make a meal out of the appetizers.

The lounge was open throughout the day, but only soft drinks, juices, water, and light snacks were available outside of the morning and evening time frames. There's a lounge attendant during the morning and evening, but only periodically during the day.

I found it to be a good value, and convenient for the things I needed. It's not the Antwerp Hilton (my favorite Benelux Hilton property, even more than the Conrad Brussels), but I'd happily stay there again.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

gvdIAD gives a fine review and strangely its executive rooms are on the lower floors. I had nil problems with outside noise anywhere. The hotel restaurant is unappealing so I suggest you eat elsewhere. The executive lounge serves a fine breakfast and has excellent evening hors de voures and wines/booze and has one desktop with free internet. Often this desktop is down but tell the exec lounge concierge or FD about this and they will allow you to use the business center computers and printer at no charge. I think you can get beer during the day from the lounge coolers. It usually take me 10 min to walk to the train station but be aware its undergoing a major renovation (at least was in Jan 2009) or you can take a direct tram.

MisterNice
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I spent a good few nights there last Autumn and the hotel is OK, but nothing better than that.

Upgraded as a diamond on all except 1 of about 10 stays.

Rooms were large for a European City centre hotel, but felt a bit tired, as did the lounge.

Service in the bar area that has a limited meal selection was patchy, with a few occasions where the staff failed to deliver.

the location is excellent, close to the centre and railway station, but on balance, the Westin a couple of hundred yards up the road is a much better hotel.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Stayed here again last night but was very disappointed.
Got upgraded to a large executive room. However, the room looked very worn. The airconditioning unit could only be turned off by calling the front desk. This was a first for me !

The pillows were so uncomfortable and too big, so you basically would sit upright in bed if you were to use them. I ultimately took some towels from the bathroom and used these as a pillow. Very uncomfortable indeed.

The bathroom sink was also blocked. Once the sink was full that was it even by removing the plug completely.

Looks like someone at Blackstone/Hilton Corp. forgot to sign the demolition order for this location !?

In future I will stay down the road again at the Westin which is much nicer.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond
Rotterdam Hilton Review

This was an award stay for 2 nights friday/saturday. I am a Diamond.

I was upgraded to an executive floor room and provided access to the lounge.

Exec lounge was largest one I have ever seen.

Free liquor/beer.

Food in lounge was a nice sampling of both local flavor and the usual snacks. breakfast was nice with eggs/bacon/sausage and muffins/danish.

Staff was friendly and I was greeted by name each time I interfaced with the staff.

Room was clean, albeit small for my tastes.

The bathrobe and slippers were a nice touch.

Overall, nice hotel, nice location, cool city - would stay at this property again.

d
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:25 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
parking ?

Will be staying here next week, arriving about 7pm and leaving about 8am the next morning. Is there any on-street/free parking nearby ?

Don't really want to pay eur27 for the hotel parking
Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Will be staying here next week, arriving about 7pm and leaving about 8am the next morning. Is there any on-street/free parking nearby ?

Don't really want to pay eur27 for the hotel parking
There are a few parking spaces on the street directly outside the hotel
Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:48 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by thegoderic
There are a few parking spaces on the street directly outside the hotel
thank you, Mr Clapton.

But the pay-and-display runs till 11pm, and it's €1,00 per twenty minutes

Nice hotel, though - older and with some character, nice lounge, good drinks offering until around 22,30 and egg station in the lounge

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Nov 10, 2009 at 1:07 am Reason: post stay
Old May 5, 2010, 3:49 am

Hilton Rotterdam Junior vs Executive Kins Suite

Does anyone know if King Junior Suite in Rotterdam allows access to the Executive Lounge?

From the description on thier website it is not stated.
Only the line "allows access to EL" is stated from Kind Executive Suite.
Which is kind of contrary to general rule that all Suites allow access to EL.
I am stayin there next week for 5 night, so EL access may be handy.
Thx
L
Old May 5, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: HHonours
You already know that anything above an Executive room type generally allows lounge access - just email and ask to make sure. If you do email, you might *cough*suggest they update their website...

Yeah....that's all I've got. Sorry!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Rotterdam Hilton

Partner HH Gold: 2 night weekend stay.

Extremely helpful at check in ; booked restaraunt for us and nice welcome. Upgraded to Executive floor: Rooms a bit outdated but comfortable. Executive Lounge on Floor 1 (Rooms 3 and 4). Only people in it Friday night and pretty empty on saturday. Lovely staff. Alcoholic drinks were out at 1600when we popped in and were still there at 2300. A few pleasant snacks. From Sept 1st they are giving 24 hr free wifi vouchers which is really good.

A nice stay
Old Sep 8, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The EL was closed last month for renovations so they allowed Diamonds open bar in the lobby for self + 1 until 11 pm. Our party of 4- with 2 Diamonds- had them rethinking that strategy.

How did the EL look?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 4:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Renovations? Seriously!? Was in there last weekend and it was still a bit sh*t... :-)

Not my favourite hotel, but by no means the worst. The rooms are dated and it does need some work, but there are some great bars around the corner making it a fab base for a night out. I love Amsterdam, but it's so full of drunken Brits on stag and hen parties. I can get that at home anytime! Rotterdam is not the prettiest city in the world, but it's a fun place to party with the locals. I was shocked at the parking cost, though. 27 Euros per night is a bit excessive, although I suppose still cheap compared with London...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.