Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Maybe this is an individual regulation as per hotel, but I repeatedly read in those 'welcome letters' provided at check-in that it would be allowed to bring in one more guest who is not staying in your room.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:21 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Foltan
Wow, that is an impressive level of terrible customer service!

It'd be one thing to complain if they were sneaking in friends that weren't in Exec rooms, but this is really rather poor. Can it really cost them that much to accommodate the 3rd guest?!
Wow, did not expect this to happen especially if the guest were willing to pay for it. OTOH, if the lounge was packed, maybe yes, but if not, certainly not very customer friendly.
I have not been to this property since now the prices there is getting quite exorbitant even for weekends and during Hilton sales.

Was there a change in management team? [because they used to be really very accommodating and friendly]

Cheers!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Wow, did not expect this to happen especially if the guest were willing to pay for it. OTOH, if the lounge was packed, maybe yes, but if not, certainly not very customer friendly.
I have not been to this property since now the prices there is getting quite exorbitant even for weekends and during Hilton sales.

Was there a change in management team? [because they used to be really very accommodating and friendly]

Cheers!
The lounge was definitely not packed at all, in fact even rather quiet.
We were also quiet shocked, also when they tried to charge me 50EUR for lounge access for the second room (as I said, I know that lounge access for a second room is not a Diamond benefit, but it was the first hotel that tried to charge me for it). Haven't even mentioned that the barman tried to add an 11EUR tip to our bill after having a night cap at the bar :-(

The general manager has been the same for the last 2 years now (according to LinkedIn).

Prices are indeed going up and up...104EUR during weekend sales is about the lowest you can find now, last year we had several nights for 76EUR...
Our next 2 stays in the area are going to Hilton The Hague...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed here this week and was pleasantly surprised. Had an OTA booked reservation because Hilton wouldn't match the price and there was a difference of 200 EUR. Had added Gold number before stay, though, and was given Executive Lounge access.
Really liked the room, recently renovated and with local art, and well sized. Lounge attendant was very overwhelmed, and there was perennially empty trays of food, no glassware at the bar, and piles of dirty dishes.
Breakfast in the restaurant was great though, with omelets to order and delicious pastries on the buffet, and a very friendly waitstaff.
Small but adequate gym.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:14 pm
TDV

Any recent stays to report? I will be staying here in coming weeks. I'm interested to hear about the breakfast and the lounge experience.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TDV
Any recent stays to report? I will be staying here in coming weeks. I'm interested to hear about the breakfast and the lounge experience.
I don't imagine much has changed in the 8 months since my stay, described in the post above, as the hotel as fairly recently renovated. I did a fuller discussion of the property which includes numerous pictures of both the lounge and breakfast in the restaurant you might find helpful at my blog. Hotel Reviews: Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam and Hilton Rotterdam ? You Went Where???
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Was there this saturday.

Breakfast is 'meh', nothing too special. Lounge is ok, think like many other Hilton Lounges.
Rooms are very good.

Was there as a diamond, no upgrade or welcome something. Felt like they didn't care so much.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Lounge definitely has drinks, food spread is pretty middling, a lot of croquettes. Upgraded as a gold to an executive room and it certainly looks refurbished and new.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
booked the hotel as a staycation JUN 2020

hereby my contribution to flyertalk, some notes:
- pictures are of a standard twin room
- rate was 100eur a night
- add 26eur for breakfast
- due to corona one has to book timeslots for breakfast
- the executive lounge is closed for the time being but there is a nespresso machine in the lobby
- parking is in a garage next door
- sanitizers everywhere
- has the Hilton clean seal on deep cleaned hotel room doors

i'll let the pictures do the talking

DELee, Sisosig, wizla and 1 others like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 20, 2020 at 2:28 am
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Part of the hotel is restaurant Joelia with a michilinstar https://joelia.eu/en/restaurant-joelia-in-rotterdam/

Around the corner is an Albert Heijn supermarket (coolsingel)
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you be able to find out if the lounge is being substituted somehow for eligible guests? Perhaps at the bar or some kind of voucher?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Would you be able to find out if the lounge is being substituted somehow for eligible guests? Perhaps at the bar or some kind of voucher?
I phoned them with this question yesterday. They offer a drink a snack platter in the room instead of lounge access. NO bar vouchers (I specifically asked this). Very disappointing. I can't see the benefit of choosing for Hilton now (Marriott, NH, Radisson... for example offer breakfast now to basically all guests even without any status...)
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Feedback that you will book elsewhere, they will soon get the picture.

Did you mention The Hague on my thread? What about Hilton AMS, DT and Yoko?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: HH D
Could you please explain the two different minibar price lists, one being three times more expensive than the other. Did you get a "friends & family" version? Did they reduce the rates for some reason, like the lounge being closed? Or did you find a 2002 copy under the bed?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Feedback that you will book elsewhere, they will soon get the picture.

Did you mention The Hague on my thread? What about Hilton AMS, DT and Yoko?
It is frustrating to see that they are not even trying to keep their loyal guests happy, especially now that those guests have the freedom to stay/try elsewhere.

I also phoned DT Amsterdam. They have a similar benefit now. A voucher for a drink and snack but at the bar, they were quiet vague about it though and were clearly annoyed by my question. Haven't tried to phone Hilton Amsterdam.

I will be at the Hilton The Hague tomorrow. I was going to cancel yesterday but after seeing an upgrade on the app to a 1 bedroom suite (which is rare here, only received a full suite once before in about 25 stays) we decided to stick with the booking and I checked in online. The 'upgrade' has now been downgraded to a king executive room though, I am not happy. I have another booking here in 2 weeks time. Will cancel that tomorrow and also tell them why...
This has always been one of our favorite Hiltons but really...?
hugolover and Sisosig like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.