Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2023, 11:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
I spent one night at the Hilton Rotterdam and I can confirm as a Diamond the breakfast choice is Lounge or full breakfast in the Restaurant.

The hotel is dated (the key card is still with a magnetic strip and there are no USB plugs) but well kept.
Diamond recognition is good, I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite three days in advance; Lounge is basic but decent, two hot items plus soup, two cold cuts, cheeses, olives, crisps and breads. There were also some sweets and small cups of panna cotta.
There is a self pour limited selection of spirits and few wines red, white and prosecco and beers. The lounge was not busy
Old Nov 25, 2023, 3:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
To above all -like-

A light update concerning the F&B

Yesterday was the grand farewell to Hilton Rotterdam's executive chef.
At the party it was revealed that he was indeed the last person left from the orginal Hilton team members from the 80/90s.
And as such revealed vis à vis that the orginal Hilton manual for preparing breakfast, dictates strict use of fresh eggs for ALL egg dishes.
Also the lament was the loss of at least 30+ years of experience with new recruits showing less skill & interest.

Hilton GM was present, i uttered the remark that we (regulars + diamonds) feel that now that the executive chef with old values has retired,
this should not grant beancounters the ability to go pennypinching with instant powdered egg from a can.

We were treated with a sample of restaurant JacQ's new concept and dishes.

The consenus from the group after analysis:
- easy to assemble by the kitchen if low on manpower or on skills
- not balanced enough, i.e. very raw wintery carrot pieces, pulled pork not proportional to amount of fries
- must be devised by management and not by an actual patron chef cuisinier

New menu

Loaded fries with pulled pork

Veg springroll

Breads and dips

Advocado shrimp cup

Salmon teriyaki bowl 1 comes with rice and veggies (see below)

Salmon teriyaki bow 2 commes with salmon as option (see above)

Buddha bowl
with insanely raw hard wintery carrot, even Dracula's fangs would not be able to topple

Grilled veggies

Fried chicken

Loaded nachos with jalapenos

Simmered tofu

It was the infamous black friday sale, with the restaurant being at 1/3 capacity with shoppers and shopping bags everywhere.
the810 likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Nov 25, 2023 at 4:06 am
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
I filled out the survey with my points and received an e-mail from someone in the Executive Office, basically acknowledging the points and that the lounge breakfast is no substitute for the Jaq and that guest prefer the lounge as it's quite and more private.

When I showed up last week for a quick overnight I was welcomed and immediately informed that if I wish I could have breakfast at Jaq and they were happy to see me again rather.

As I was very late, I got a voucher for the bar as the lounge had closed.

Overall, a reliable stay, but I still gave the nhow a go and my gods, I was blown away by the staff there and the treatment of titanium members in GHA discovery. In future I will choose between the 2 depending on price and how I feel.
the810 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:43 am

Just finished a stay and they again changed the breakfast in the lounge, it's now only during weekdays. Weekends breakfast is only in the restaurant.

Lounge Info
Delectatio likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 11:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thank you so much for the latest updates !

I would like to

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 7, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Old Jan 21, 2024, 6:10 am

Anybody any recent stay updates, is there further cost cutting noticeable ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.