Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
@Wizla good to see you are expanding your portfolio of stays and hence reports beyond the UK (&Barcelona I think I remember?!)! Keep 'em coming! Enjoy NL!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Got to lounge at 7pm, fairly quiet , guess it is a Sunday, nice lounge and nice spread too, not decided what to do tonight yet for dinner, so many restaurants!.
CANAPÉS- mussels, spicy rice balls, cheese and great breads, veg spring rolls , salads and nuts/ crisps......falafel.
BEERS - duvel and Heineken.
SPIRITS- whiskey/ Bombay Safire/ vodka
WINE - red , white and prosseco.

nice relaxed vibe, will see what the evening brings and will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 7, 2016 at 12:09 pm Reason: Wrong word entered
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:07 pm

Well it's now 8pm and there are 5 others in here, having a great time watching the fencing on TV , I used to fence myself at national level in the 90s so this is such a treat to watch this!.....now where's that duvel beer?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:22 pm

........ Lounge now 1/3 full, seems folk come to Lounge later here, canapés end at 8-30pm, alcohol at 9 - 50 pm, which is good , we are not that hungry as lounge snacks are so good, we are gonna go for a wander and probably have room service a bit later, I like this hotel and lounge , polite staff .
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:35 am

.......we went for a wander down adjacent street, plenty of bars and street cafes open on a Sunday night, returned around 10-30 and decided on room service.......I had the classic Hilton club sandwich, she had tomato soup and we both agreed it was very nice.......slept well and now gonna go for breakfast.
We plan to explore again as our flight back is not until 5pm, so gonna try for a late check out......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 8, 2016 at 12:35 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by wizla
.......we went for a wander down adjacent street, plenty of bars and street cafes open on a Sunday night, returned around 10-30 and decided on room service.......I had the classic Hilton club sandwich, she had tomato soup and we both agreed it was very nice.......slept well and now gonna go for breakfast.
We plan to explore again as our flight back is not until 5pm, so gonna try for a late check out......will report back!
Wizla, I am curious on your opinion between the 2 Hiltons you stayed over your long weekend, TheHague vs Rotterdam.

Cheers!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
@Wizla good to see you are expanding your portfolio of stays and hence reports beyond the UK (&Barcelona I think I remember?!)! Keep 'em coming! Enjoy NL!
Thanks mate, yeah I do leave the uk occasionally and I'm enjoying the different cultures.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Wizla, I am curious on your opinion between the 2 Hiltons you stayed over your long weekend, TheHague vs Rotterdam.

Cheers!
Oooo that's a hard question?......will give this some thought on the plane home and answer later.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:15 am

.......breakfast was nice, a very layed back affair, was told we can sit where we wanted to?, many uncleared tables but it was at 10am........nice spread, strangely had brown rice in one of the hot plates, nice musli, a bit different to the uk and the bacon is streaky only and quite smokey, requested 3pm check out as I have a late flight home, given with no problems, still here as I type but need to pack.....will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 8, 2016 at 6:16 am Reason: Many typos
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:26 am

.......check out swiftly done and concierge arranged a taxi to airport (this cost €25 ) it arrived in around 5 mins and the trip to airport is around 15 mins.

CONCLUSION- we received great service at this hotel, whilst it does look a little grubby f on the outside, inside is like a palace......everywhere spotless.....they upgraded us to a huge suite and gave me a 3pm check out, the lounge is nice with great hours.......loved Rotterdam too.....would recommend and return.

ROOM NO -501

NEXT STOP - A uk Hilton later this week, still to plan this.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:47 am

Oooo that's a hard question?......will give this some thought on the plane home and answer later.
This is difficult, I think botb's post a page or so back answers this best.......personally I think I prefered the Hague as I loved the outside terrace in the lounge, I also found the hotel to be spotless and clean and the staff more friendly than Rotterdam , I also liked Den Haag town better as I liked the quirky streets and atmosphere.

Hilton Rotterdam, I loved this too, they really looked after us and gave us a huge upgrade , there is nothing not to like here, I loved both hotels

If I was to go back again I would choose Hilton The Hague but only because I loved Den Haag, I guess the only way to answer this is let's say both hotels were in Den Haag, then I would choose Hilton The Hague .

Last edited by wizla; Aug 9, 2016 at 2:52 am Reason: Spelling errors
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
This is difficult, I think botb's post a page or so back answers this best.......personally I think I prefered the Hague as I loved the outside terrace in the lounge, I also found the hotel to be spotless and clean and the staff more friendly than Rotterdam , I also liked Den Haag town better as I liked the quirky streets and atmosphere.

Hilton Rotterdam, I loved this too, they really looked after us and gave us a huge upgrade , there is nothing not to like here, I loved both hotels

If I was to go back again I would choose Hilton The Hague but only because I loved Den Haag, I guess the only way to answer this is let's say both hotels were in Den Haag, then I would choose Hilton The Hague .
And you voted Hague despite Hague upgrade being just to Studio (Junior) Suite with Rotterdam giving you a Full propper 2-room Suite.

I vote Den Haag over Rotterdam too, but my favourite benelux Hilton Branded hotel is the Hilton Antwerp.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
my favourite benelux Hilton Branded hotel is the Hilton Antwerp.
+1 although it seems the lounge has gone downmarket (haven't been there myself in 2-3 years.)
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
And you voted Hague despite Hague upgrade being just to Studio (Junior) Suite with Rotterdam giving you a Full propper 2-room Suite.

I vote Den Haag over Rotterdam too, but my favourite benelux Hilton Branded hotel is the Hilton Antwerp.
Yeah I hear you but I'm trying to give an " overall " opinion of the whole experience...... I would rather have j.suite & outside lounge terrace than huge two room suite & downstairs frosted glass lounge, I can only base any trip report on my own thoughts and opinions, but yes I have to say I enjoyed both hotels and areas I stayed, next time hilton Amsterdam.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
downstairs frosted glass lounge.
The frosted glass in the lounge is a very recent change, I was also in the Rotterdam Hilton 2 weeks ago and noticed it as well. A good month ago the glass was still clear and it was nice being able to look outside from the lounge (even though it felt like being in a zoo sometimes with all the people walking passed :-))
I agree on the Hilton The Hague being the slightly better hotel (better breakfast and lounge in my opinion but only when the weather is nice so you can enjoy the terrace, otherwise I would go for Rotterdam as the lounge is much more spacious and there is plenty of comfortable seating available). The Hague can be stingy with upgrades though, while Rotterdam is usually quiet generous.
The lobby of the Rotterdam Hilton is also much more luxurious and spacious (but we don't usually spend a lot of time there anyway :-))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.