Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hmmm.

I'm existing Silver, and I was offered this email - 4 stays to Gold, no bonuses.

My wife has no status. She was snail-mailed a new Gold Card, with an offer to make 4 stays for 50,000 bonus points.

We will make 4 HH stays to earn the bonus points. Only downside to not doing them in my name is that I will cycle out of HH status. Right now, our HH stays are all leisure, so I don't really need my own Gold card. If I start traveling on biz again (and choose HH over MR or *W - unlikely), we'll either merge accounts or I'll find a way to get Gold then.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 5:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by loomis:
I also wonder that if you called them they would somehow sweeten the pot to the 50K bonus that some are talking about.</font>
I was thinking along those lines, but judging from the other threads, I don't think its gonna happen. Please post if you get any joy....

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 10-09-2003).]
Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
The 50K seems to be for first-timers. I was sent a Gold Card unsolicited last year with the 50K bonus (which I did).

I also received this email, having completed by 11th stay for the year last Sunday.

I have no more planned stays, but I might just do it for the heck of it if I can find some really decent rates in SEA or PDX.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:02 am

Programs: UA AA HGP SPG HH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:

I also received this email, having completed by 11th stay for the year last Sunday.
</font>
Well, after getting the same e-mail, I did some caculation. I have 12 stays exactly. How kind of them.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:42 am

Pity - If they threw in some points, I might do this....but my 2004 strategy was already decided on burnin' not earnin' and going to Hyatt (when they open their London property of course)
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:54 am

I received a slightly different mailout. I received an offer for Silver status + 50K points after 4 stays for joining Hilton Honors. The offer came through with an American AAdvantange logo on the top of the card.

Funny thing, I've already made Diamond this year (lots of Hampton/Homewood stays).

But the bottom of the offer letter said "..if your are already an HHonors member, please notify us so that we can apply this offer to your current account..". So I did, the agent said she was putting the new HHonors number (with the Silver offer) UNDER my existing account so that I could get the bonus points.

I've already made 3 stays under this deal, the first has posted with the 5K point bonus to my existing Diamond account.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 10:21 am

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RFEngineer:
...But the bottom of the offer letter said "..if your are already an HHonors member, please notify us so that we can apply this offer to your current account..". So I did, the agent said she was putting the new HHonors number (with the Silver offer) UNDER my existing account so that I could get the bonus points.</font>
Same thing happened to me (but was existing Gold to new Gold). Had to merge my old account into the new one to get the points offer. A WORD OF WARNING - some of my profile preferences got lost in the translation. I stayed at Bally's under the new acct # and even though I presented my WN info for the double dip at check-in, HHonors gave me 500 Amtrak points instead (I have several FF accounts in the profile, but had always had WN as the default). HHonors fixed this (and without the hassle I was expecting), but it was a bit of a pain.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 11:52 am

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
I receieved the email as well. I'm a silver with 5 stays this year. I could conceivably get gold with two planned trips coming up and putting in two more pleasure stays. There are a lot of Hampton properties around Michigan with $59/night rates to get gold without spending a lot of money. I have yet to decide if having gold is worth spending the money. Most of my few stays are in HGI/Hampton properties anyway, so the benefits are limited for me.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well I'm a Silver & didn't get the email, and I actually will have the 4 stays. Any thoughts - call them & see? Was it a special email? I thought I got the normal weekly thing & might have deleted it since I wasn't staying at a Hilton this week.

------------------
Sharon
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:58 pm

posted by Mr. July
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Had to merge my old account into the new one to get the points offer. </font>
Maybe that's the difference, when I called in the customer service rep merged the new account into my existing account. She even said that I didn't have to worry about keeping track of the new number.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 2:17 pm

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
Wish I'd gotten the same rep - I was told that I had to take the new account to get the bonus.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 2:57 pm

I rec'd a notice about Fast track to Diamond...

Because you are a valued member, you're invited to take a special
"Fast Track" to Hilton HHonors® Diamond VIP status.

Complete just ten stays or 20 nights between October 15, 2003, and
January 15, 2004, and you'll automatically earn HHonors Diamond
VIP status, which normally requires 28 stays per calendar year.

Old Oct 11, 2003, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

received the same note ,nobody-wlite.
I have 1 stay this year with Hilton.I don't know the reason for their giving the status away.When I heard of all the giveaways,i decided not to renew my gold satus this year.An issue of fairness to me.I earned gold the hard (actual stays) way.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 5:07 am

Hello Denflyer!

Could you forward this promotion e-mail to my adress ([email protected]). Perhaps I have a chance to use this promo to keep my gold status for the next year.

Best regards
Markus
Old Oct 17, 2003, 6:01 am

Guess its a targeted promotion, so useless for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.