Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:28 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dallasflyer:
Letter and card said gold through 9/04 and if 4 stays between 9/15/03 and 1/31/04 I think the you get 5K for first stay, 10K for second, 15K for third, and 20K for fourth stay for a total of 50K hilton points.
</font>
Thanks, I'll try to register !

Old Sep 18, 2003, 2:30 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
This one has a huge potential
Old Sep 18, 2003, 5:05 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Did you guys succeed in registering?

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 8:02 am

Please report if you have any success since I am on a Hilton run right now. Will have a two stays in Thailand and one in Singapore within the next few days
Old Sep 18, 2003, 9:24 am

Programs: CO Plat; Delta Plat; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
This offer is for new Hilton members only. If someone has a spouse I guess technically you could enroll them, get the 50k and then use the HHonors mutual fund later to get the points. That is the only pssibility I see.......
Old Sep 18, 2003, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My wife got her Gold VIP card yesterday: she is AA Gold and wasn't previously a Hilton member. Cha-ching! We have 3 fall Hampton nights already booked - looks like we'll be switching them to her name and planning one more small roadtrip somewhere fun!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:12 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bigbroinca:
This offer is for new Hilton members only. If someone has a spouse I guess technically you could enroll them, get the 50k and then use the HHonors mutual fund later to get the points. That is the only pssibility I see.......</font>
Great idea, i´ll try it with my spouse
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Anyone want to marry me?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:45 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bigbroinca:
This offer is for new Hilton members only.</font>
What about nearly-new, &lt;5000 point blue members..? In other words, me?

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Sounds like the program HI ran last year. I cleared tens of thousands in bonus miles and was comped Gold for some reason (new card for 2003 just showed up in the mail).

Could only renew as Silver this year, but I always book a nice room anyway, so they still take good care of me.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 2:03 pm

HH giving Gold away again! What about giving something to Gold's that have earn their status ???????
I am not bitter, just want fair play by HH.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 3:37 pm

On the phone with then now......was transferred to another rep as the first rep said he has difficulties entering the code.....was told that it is only targeted for specific accounts that received the letter, and it was part of the welcome package. I said I was rather surprised that a person joining the program would have an advantage over someone that has 26 stays already for the year, he said that I am welcome to write to management.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
This offer is for new Hilton members only.</font>
That's not true. I've just requalified for Gold few days ago, and today I received similar letter, but only 25K points bonus. I only have AA Plat status, that's probably why. Anyway, there was a shiny new Gold card with the offer, but it also had a small print at the bottom, saying that if I'm already a HHonors member to call and get the offer transfered to my old account. It is targeted, the CSR had to activate the new account and open my old and only then he was able to transfer the offer to whichever account I wanted to keep.

[This message has been edited by andrzej (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 2003, 6:58 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Just received mine, but only 25K, courtesy of Delta.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
I received similar letter, but only 25K points bonus. I only have AA Plat status, that's probably why. </font>
Sounds like they're trying to avoid the offer (which was on the AA Plat web page last year) being overused this time by using targeted letters. I'll renew Gold without it, but wouldn't mind the extra 25K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.