Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2004, 6:53 am

I am a diamond from 2003 but I have a question if anyone knows. If I qualify for gold through some promotion, do I then just need 12 more "stays" to achieve Diamond (28 for diamond versus 16 for Gold). Gold in most properties means nothing as far as upgrades. The upgrades only started coming when I became diamond. Anyone know
Old Mar 14, 2004, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dmanphoenix:
I am a diamond from 2003 but I have a question if anyone knows. If I qualify for gold through some promotion, do I then just need 12 more "stays" to achieve Diamond (28 for diamond versus 16 for Gold). Gold in most properties means nothing as far as upgrades. The upgrades only started coming when I became diamond. Anyone know</font>
You have to do 28 stays ( or 60 nites) irregardless of your current status
Old Mar 14, 2004, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
So how come the rest of us seem to get upgraded to exec rooms and even suites when we Golds stay at Hiltons,dmanphoenix? Why did you have to become Diamond before you got these upgrades, etc.? What part of the world are you staying in, because outside NAmerica, Hiltons are very good to Golds.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 7:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
CJWang, everyone's right on the money here... 28 qualifying stays (award stays count) or 60 nights (the hard way, and award nights do not count).

dmanphoenix, my sister, a silver, has even been given upgrades in other countries, and even in the US (Hilton LAX.) What's up?

[This message has been edited by JDiver (edited Mar 14, 2004).]
Old Mar 14, 2004, 8:55 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
No problems (as yet) getting upgrades and perks as a Gold on any of our stays for several years. Recent stays have been upgraded without even asking for them, when I call to have the hotel verify that my HHonors number is on the reservations.

bj-21.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 9:00 pm

All the travel has been in San Diego. Doubletree Mission Valley, Doubletree Club, Hilton San Diego. This along with Tucson has been my only exposure as far as Hilton because I started traveling for work in 2003. I was upgraded once as a gold for about 10 times. Since Diamond I have been upgraded each time except for twice. 14 stays. It is just my experience. I have been upgraded at the Hilton Tucson East but NEVER at the Doubletree at Reid Park in Tucson, not sure what the problem is there.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As Gold I never used to get upgrades either, domestic or int'l; it wasn't until I whined about it on FT that someone told me to put in comment section on-line request upgrade. Since then I've gotten them. Bit irritating that I should have to do that, though, vs them automatically doing it.

------------------
Sharon
Old Mar 16, 2004, 8:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
In the comment section I always list I'm HHonors Gold and request upgrade if available. If you've stayed at the hotel before, also list "returning guest". Seems to do the trick for me.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, these front desk folks are busy, some are new, and I never assume they will actually read thoroughly and take the time to figure it all out - so I take a few seconds to make it easier by filling in the "vitals" in the comment line - and it has paid off for me inumerable times.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkiAdcock:
As Gold I never used to get upgrades either, domestic or int'l; it wasn't until I whined about it on FT that someone told me to put in comment section on-line request upgrade. Since then I've gotten them. Bit irritating that I should have to do that, though, vs them automatically doing it.</font>
Old Mar 17, 2004, 11:41 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JDiver:
Well, these front desk folks are busy, some are new, and I never assume they will actually read thoroughly and take the time to figure it all out - so I take a few seconds to make it easier by filling in the "vitals" in the comment line - and it has paid off for me inumerable times.

</font>
Here is another scenario: what if a hotel has more Golds and Diamond members arriving then they have upgraded room types available? The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so to speak!!

[This message has been edited by loomis (edited Mar 17, 2004).]
Old Mar 18, 2004, 12:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
I find typing in "guest is Gold or Diamond VIP" in the comment section greatly increases your chances or an upgrade.

Old Mar 18, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Motion122:
I find typing in "guest is Gold or Diamond VIP" in the comment section greatly increases your chances or an upgrade.

</font>
But when you do that, it decreases MY chances. Knock that off!

--Grog--
Old Mar 19, 2004, 3:22 am

Location: Bangkok Thailand HYATT DIAMOND, DL PM, DL 2 Million Miler
Programs: THAI RO Gold, Hilton Gold,Marriott something
Thats a great idea, what with front desk so busy and distracted. I am going to put in the comments Guest is Returning Guest, Diamond VIP , and big stockholder. even though i am none of those things.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
How about: "close friend of Paris"? Thank that'll get an upgrade to a suite?
Old Mar 20, 2004, 4:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Motion122:

</font>
Do people modify the comments section of paid reservations...or also award redemption reservations? I have two award redemption reservations currently...but I can't see anyways that I'm able to go in and modify the comments, etc...related to these reservations. I called the HHonors CS center and got them to add the info (but they only added "REQ UPGRADE IF AVAIL @ CK-IN" (which seems like their standard generic request). They didn't add "is Gold-VIP and HGVC member" as I had asked them to. :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.