Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Poutine
Back in December I saw a post on betterbidding.com for a free gold status for one year. I took advantage, and they combined by blue membership with that. I've been enjoying those perks that come with gold. This coming Friday we have a stay at the Toronto(airport) Hilton. Came to 57US on the website. I could have maybe gotten it for 10 bucks cheaper on priceline, but the points are worth more to me.
Is this free gold status for a year still available? Do you have a link?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:31 am

Free gold? You're kidding

I read these posts asking for "free gold", "fast track to gold" and "sponsored gold" and wonder what you all are doing giving out info to blues to get gold status just the the heck of it. No wonder it's beginning to get harder to get upgrades. I am proud to say I have earned the gold the last 4 years the hard way, or should I say the right way. Maybe that's why I hold the gold status and PRIVELEGES as just that, not for everyone to get just by asking for a code in this forum. We all like the HHonors program and want others to enjoy the Hilton family like I do, but it won't be as fun when you keep getting gold upgrades denied at the front desk. It takes a ton to get diamond and that will soon be what it takes to get upgrades with free passes being handed out here.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 4:05 pm

This (sharing points, miles and status strategies) is what FT is all about. The pros and cons of sharing information openly have been debated here probably since Flyertalk's inception. Hilton is the one giving out the free passes to gold and people asking for information are just trying to be included. Hilton does not mind, as once someone is gold, chances are they will work hard to earn it legitimately the following year.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Wink

Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
I am proud to say I have earned the gold the last 4 years the hard way, or should I say the right way.
Sucker.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 7:06 am

This sucker is batting 1.000

I'm sure my HHonors profile shows the commitment to Hilton and that's why I always get the upgrades. I agree the FT forums are good, that's why I read regularly. Loyalty has it's priveleges.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Good for you!

Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
This sucker is batting 1.000
Then why are you *****ing about Hilton handing out Gold status to those who didn't earn it the "right way"?
Old Jun 5, 2004, 9:48 am

Programs: QFWP, SQ PPS,QFLTG, EK Silver,SPG Gold, HH Diamond ,Amex Centurion
HH Gold -Amex

Hello,

Just thought I would mention that if you have an Amex Platinum (OK, I know, not everyone has one) tell Amex and they will give you a Gold HH Card for a year. The same applies to SPG.

I got a Gold Card by staying, but failed the next year due to number of nights not being enough, so heard about this offer and now have my Gold Card back.

However as some of you have noted, Gold is not what it is cracked up to be, an example of this was a stay in the Waldolf=Astoria in New York, No upgrades, no benefits just a shabby room. After asking why, I was told that it was a franchise, and not part of the Hilton Hotel Family. This has happened on several occasions and has made me think twice about Hilton in the Future.

I also had a bad experience with HHonors, I made a reservation in the Paris Arc de Triomphe (spelling!!) and pressed the continue button instead of the back button when realising that I was about to book a non cancellable room. Phoned HHonors and was told it was my fault, even though this was done within 5 mins of the accident.

James
Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum;HH Diamond; PC Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by James King
Hello,

Just thought I would mention that if you have an Amex Platinum (OK, I know, not everyone has one) tell Amex and they will give you a Gold HH Card for a year.
James
I just called Amex to inquire about the gold HHonors status and was told that holders of the HHonors Platinum Amex card are given Silver status and are offered a "fast track" offer to gold, which involves satisfying one third of the required stays in a 90 day period.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by CozumelJen
APAE Alpha Phi Alpha Enrollment

Instant silver and "opportunity to get on fast track to gold"

http://www.alphaphialpha.net/commerce/vas/travel.html
For the APAE code, does anyone know what the "opportunity to get on fast track to gold" means? How many stays will qualify me to become a gold?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 2:24 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
country specific

Originally Posted by JLL5100
I just called Amex to inquire about the gold HHonors status and was told that holders of the HHonors Platinum Amex card are given Silver status and are offered a "fast track" offer to gold, which involves satisfying one third of the required stays in a 90 day period.
This benefit is country specific. If you reside in Europe, you usually get free Gold right away.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:52 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Fast Track to HHonors Gold - Only Six Stays!

If you are Northwest Airlines Gold Elite, register on link below to get HH Gold with six stays.

https://webx25.nwa.com/cgi-bin/cgi_e...me=hilton.html
Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Im silver and it says through feb 2004

I am silver and I just logged on and it says through feb 29 2004 which has expired.

Maybe it is just for gold elite as you say
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:48 pm

Here's what it says -

Elite Personal PrivilegesSM

GET ON THE FAST TRACK TO VIP MEMBERSHIP

Enroll in Hilton HHonors® between March 1, 2004, and February 28, 2005, and earn Gold VIP status after six qualifying stays (normally earned after 16 stays) within 90 days of enrollment. Double Dip® to earn both HHonors points and WorldPerks® miles for the same qualifying stay at over 2,500 HHonors hotels worldwide. (You'll earn up to the standard 500 WorldPerks miles per qualifying stay.) To enroll today, call 1-800-HHONORS (1-800-446-6677) from the U.S. or Canada and mention source code NWGD. (Existing HHonors members may call 1-800-548-8690 and request promotion code NWGD to be eligible for the Fast Track VIP offer.) Please present your WorldPerks number at check-in.

Terms and Conditions:
Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles® and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. Participation in WorldPerks is subject to the terms and conditions of the WorldPerks Program. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for miles to be posted to your WorldPerks account.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:28 am

I'll stick w/ my fast track to Diamond I just got by faxing them my PC Platinum/Ambassador card and statement 10 stays or 20 nights should be cakewalk
Old Jul 11, 2004, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by engineerfalde
I'll stick w/ my fast track to Diamond I just got by faxing them my PC Platinum/Ambassador card and statement 10 stays or 20 nights should be cakewalk
Could you please give more details about the fast track to Diamond? Any promotion code?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.