Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:54 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Red face

Originally Posted by holtju2
Are there any HH promotion that does NOT make you a Gold ?
I hear you!! I spend alot of nights in Hiltons and get my Gold the "harder" way....staying there.... forcing me to shoot for Diamond now
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Is this thread now going to wander way OT by having everyone give their opinions on the ethics of grabbing the gold, so to speak, without 'earning' it? Sure hope not...
Old Apr 14, 2005, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by tcook052
Is this thread now going to wander way OT by having everyone give their opinions on the ethics of grabbing the gold, so to speak, without 'earning' it? Sure hope not...
Personally I do not mind Hilton handing the Gold to anyone who has access to Flyertalk or any other Internet BB. If these "Golds" don't stay at Hilton's or do not have $$'s to pay they will not dilute any benefits.

I think that I got my HH Gold from the Air Canada promotion last year. I will definitely qualify for the Diamond this year actually sleeping at Hiton's.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by dlwfarm
I did a promo over a year ago that made you gold for a while. Any promos like this around?
thanks, darwin
How did you possibly miss the Easy Gold Upgrade thread that has been on the first page of this forum for the past week or so?

I realize that the search function is currently inoperable, but you would have to be blind to miss this one. Do we really need yet another thread on this subject? Attention moderator - please close. Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:49 am

yeah, I missed the post, but I thank you all for showing it to me. I'm not gold for a while.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How did you possibly miss the Easy Gold Upgrade thread that has been on the first page of this forum for the past week or so?

I realize that the search function is currently inoperable, but you would have to be blind to miss this one. Do we really need yet another thread on this subject? Attention moderator - please close. Thanks.
Not so. Guess you didn't bother yourself to look at the top of the forum page as Search been back since Wed. aft.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 3:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, LH FTL, AB Silver, BA Silver, OK+Blue,PC Plat, SPG Plat, HH DIA, TK Gold (working on black)
Fasttrack to Gold

I found out today that I have an offer to go for Gold with only 4stays ´til July. I did not get an email but found out while locking into my account in the rolling VIP-Tier -page. I already have two more stays booked next week so it is only 2 more to get Gold.

Maybe you should call Hilton and ask if you could get that fasttrack offer too.

PS: I was planning to get Gold maybe even Diamond the "hard way"
(staying each week in Hiltons starting Juli) anyway, but I guess it will be more comfortabel if I start as Gold.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
See Easy Gold upgrade...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417117
Old Apr 15, 2005, 9:44 am

Is there a way to upgrade to Gold WITHOUT calling an overseas call center in a different timezone?

Hammer
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Is there an easy way to get instant PLATINUM???

Please I do not want to stay in Hiltons or spend money to do it. That's too hard.

Heck all the other dopey question and answers have all been trotted out on this space-wasting thread already so I thought I'd liven it up a bit.

Glen

Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Another fast track offer

https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/i...3S%40%24%20%0A

If you have Amtrak Guest Rewards Select status and for whatever reason don't like the other "easy" promo sign up for this promo.

Hilton HHonors is pleased to offer Amtrak Guest Rewards Select members a special "Fast Track" to HHonors Gold VIP status. Stay six times within 90 days of enrolling and earn Gold VIP status—status that normally requires 16 stays per calendar year!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton-Lifetime Diamond, WN-Companion Pass, National-EE
Automatic gold

I don't stay in Hilton's unless necessary...5 nights last year. However I am a RR member with WN and received a nice letter giving me gold status with Hilton for the next year. Being one to never look a "gift horse..." I proceeded to give them the 4 stays required to get 25000 bonus points and extend my new status for the year. Not sure how many flights I had to take to get this honor...but there you go...Gold status for nothing. Diamond I can't help you with, sorry OZ!!!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Is there an easy way to get instant PLATINUM???
The BF got a promotion or something (havent seen it) the other day that since he was a EXP on AA (done very very quickly-when he qualified and has already requalified to stay that this year) they offered him Diamond at Hilton.

oh my bubble busted after I just got the gold status and he is already at Diamond
Old Apr 23, 2005, 8:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, now that you mention it...

But PLATINUM, ozstamps? Er, wrong chain, I think.

It works for Hilton - every stay does, and if folks become addicted, er, like what they experience, then it worked, no?

See you at the Hilton!

Originally Posted by tcook052
Old Apr 23, 2005, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rbedgood

Diamond I can't help you with, sorry OZ!!!
rbedgood and JDiver and Shiloh ... I had imagined my post #15 would be clearly seen for what it was - as a wind-up, but it appears not so to all.

Please read it again.

Glen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.