Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easy Gold upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Thumbs up Easy Gold upgrade...

I called HHonors about the dble pts or dble miles promo I read in this forum because I did not receive a target email. The HH rep was very professional and advised she did not see any offers on my acct; however, she would ck to see if she could add it. About 2 min later she asked me what would I prefer, the dbl pts or dbl miles-thanks to the posts here in the Forum I rec'd the offer.

When I listened to the lengthy voice prompt msg, I heard about offer CTCH. I also asked the rep if I qualified for this promo, (I had no idea what it was for), she said one moment, yes, your Silver account is now upgraded to Gold. (All of my stays this year were going to be with Starwood-want to hit Plat level-looks like I might rethink.) Thank you HH.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:37 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by VFF1000000
When I listened to the lengthy voice prompt msg, I heard about offer CTCH. I also asked the rep if I qualified for this promo, (I had no idea what it was for), she said one moment, yes, your Silver account is now upgraded to Gold. (All of my stays this year were going to be with Starwood-want to hit Plat level-looks like I might rethink.) Thank you HH.

Does anyone know what the CTCH promo is?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:44 am

I just called. I was asked what credit card I had. I told them I had the visa and that I may have the Amex. They asked which Visa and I said Citi

Gold was extended until April 2007
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:20 pm

Does it extend it for a year, and how long is this promo code valid?

For some wacky reasons the hilton computers have not changed me over to Gold from NAVG promo because one of my stays was on points, and I have to call back May 1 (I had a supervisor approve it, its all noted) to have them switch it over to April 2006. I want to have status until April 07, but am worried that if I qualify for this CTCH promo it will override NAVG extension and I will only have until april 06 instead of 07, since it does not currently reflect on my account that I am gold till April 06. Annoying. So how long is this promo valid??

Originally Posted by Windjammer
I just called. I was asked what credit card I had. I told them I had the visa and that I may have the Amex. They asked which Visa and I said Citi

Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:35 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold Preferrred, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Windjammer

Just talked to them...CTCH is for Citibank credit card holders, however, if you're already Gold and facing expiration (like I was), the reps can try and attach it to your account and keep you Gold for another year.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
so, I guess it's worth a call to HH to see what all can be done for our accounts.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold, DL Silver, NW Silver
Thumbs up

My gold was extended until April 2007. Yahoo.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by travellot
My gold was extended until April 2007. Yahoo.
I prefer Google.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mgillespie
Just talked to them...CTCH is for Citibank credit card holders, however, if you're already Gold and facing expiration (like I was), the reps can try and attach it to your account and keep you Gold for another year.
I was going to drop to Silver May 1. I called HH and told them Citibank had a promotion, CTCH, that as a cardholder I wanted to add it to my account. After being on hold a while, the rep came back on the line and said that his supervisor added it to my account. He then said let's see what it did for you, and told me I was now Gold until April 2007. Way to go VFF1000000 for finding this.

HH can tell if you have the Citibank HH card, as the HH point transfers show up on your account, so I'm sure you can't get this promo if you don't have the card.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HILTON PLAT
CTCH = Citibank Chairman

.... or something along those lines.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:27 pm

My Gold status ,which was to expire the end of this month was also extended thru April 2007 as a result of a phone call to HH and adding CTCH to my account...THANKS!!!

Last edited by sjk616; Apr 1, 2005 at 1:28 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:17 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Is this promo only for HH Visa card holders?? I only have the amex..

I would've requalified as Gold if my company didn't give me COMP rooms at Hiltons all the time... Definitely would've requal'd *sob*
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Do all of you folks that call in and get approved for this promo actually HAVE the Citi Chairman card?

Just curious. I have Gold for awhile but am curious for a couple of co-workers who have no HH status and usually stay in Motel 6 type places. I am trying to get them to start staying, at least, at Hamptons.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:11 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Tennen
Is this promo only for HH Visa card holders?? I only have the amex..
Not absolutely sure. I only had the AMEX also. After seeing this thread, I signed up for the Citibank HH Visa (no fee - and 10,000 bonus points with first use) online, and called to add the CTCH code to my account. My Gold was extended to 2007
Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:22 pm

Cool I couldn't get it

I called HH and asked for the CTCH promo. My gold status will likely expire at the end of this month. I do have a HH Citi Visa Platinum card. They asked how I learned of the promo. I told them my husband called me at work and told me about it. After a lengthy discussion with their supervisor the csr told me that the offer would have come with a new hilton account number on it. They said to call back with the number and they would link it to my account in order to extend my status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.