Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2004, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat HH Diamond
Alternate Method: Hilton Senior HHonors

For people over 60 there is Senior HHonors. A $55 fee first year and $40 thereafter. In this program 8 stays yield Gold. Other features include a potentially better rate. In a planned HHV stay my $225 room has been reduced to $200, which for four nights saved $100 -- at a $55 cost to me to join Senior HHonors.

AA PLT Hilton Gold
Old Jul 11, 2004, 2:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Now, that's worth knowing for a lot of folks! Thanks, and I'll pass it on to someone I know who thoguht she was left out in the Silver cold

Originally Posted by lvtrader
For people over 60 there is Senior HHonors. A $55 fee first year and $40 thereafter. In this program 8 stays yield Gold. Other features include a potentially better rate. In a planned HHV stay my $225 room has been reduced to $200, which for four nights saved $100 -- at a $55 cost to me to join Senior HHonors.

AA PLT Hilton Gold
Old Jul 14, 2004, 8:51 am

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Fast Track back to Gold?

This ismy first post in this forum. I have searched for an answer but came up empty. When I received my new card this year, I was dropped to Silver. I remember the letter stating something like if I stayed 4 times by July 31st, I would beback to Gold for the rest of the year. However, I can't find the letter and the Gold desk can't help me.
Did anyone else get downgraded to Silver and receive the same letter? If so, what is the criteria for the fast track back to Gold?

Thank you for your help!!
Old Jul 15, 2004, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Smile

Go over to page 3. There's a thread from Alarist, or something like that & that guy has a way to fastrack to Gold via NW A/L...6 stays...I'd find HI with a cheap rate & bounce back & forth over a week or three weekends & get your stays.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 12:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I haven't heard of that offer, but if this were my situation, I'd post here and see if I got a knowledgeable reply (mine certainly doesn't qualify!) and then call HHonors to check it out, because the deadline is approaching. It sounds like a good deal - normally Gold requires 16 stays in one year, as you know.

Originally Posted by fly4work
This ismy first post in this forum. I have searched for an answer but came up empty. When I received my new card this year, I was dropped to Silver. I remember the letter stating something like if I stayed 4 times by July 31st, I would be back to Gold for the rest of the year. However, I can't find the letter and the Gold desk can't help me.
Did anyone else get downgraded to Silver and receive the same letter? If so, what is the criteria for the fast track back to Gold?

Thank you for your help!!
Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:16 am

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Well I finally found the letter which came with my Silver HHonors card for this year. Indeed, I am able to re-qualify for Gold if I stay 4 gtimes prior to July 31st. With my last two stays this past week, this put me back at Gold until April 2005. I checked my HHonors account on-line on Friday, and my status was changed from Silver to Gold!!!
Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AA Gold
Fast track to Gold = "Mattress runs"

I called Hilton HHonors today and found out (to my pleasant surprise) that I was emailed a fast track to gold challenge in September. The email must've gone into my spam folder and I completely missed it! To make a long story short, I have until Jan 31st to complete 4 stays for Gold status.

I have one legitimate hotel stay coming up, but I need 3 more. Does anyone that lives in the Southern California area have any favorite, inexpensive Hilton properties they use for "mattress runs"? From what I can tell Hampton will probably be my best bet. I live in San Diego and frequently travel to LA.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Might want to check and see if Hampton Inns qualify for this promo.
They didn't for mine.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:52 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Hampton Del Mar which is right off I-5 in Carmel Valley has a $69 holiday rate right now. Had to use it myself since I was sick and missed my last planned stay of the year.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
How long is your hotel stay? Perhaps consider checking into one Hilton one night, changing to a Hampton the next, and another property the next night.

Looks odd on an expense report though
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
If you are in the LAX area, the HGI there is great and usually can be had on the weekends for about $62 a night. I think the DT LAX is in the same price range on the weekends.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Hmmm ...

"mattress run" can conjure up a different image ... tls
Old Dec 31, 2004, 12:14 am

I spent over a year at the HI in West Covina. Great staff, but in West Covina.

It does have a few restraunts within stumbling distance though
Old Dec 31, 2004, 10:57 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AA Gold
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!
Old Dec 31, 2004, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Wink

I'm not sure where you live, but the Hampton Inn near the gaslamp had decent rooms for $79.

If you're flying to LAX then the HGI near the airport is a great property. I always stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.