Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2004, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dmanphoenix:

All the travel has been in San Diego. Doubletree Mission Valley, Doubletree Club, Hilton San Diego. This along with Tucson has been my only exposure as far as Hilton because I started traveling for work in 2003. </font>
Well for someone with virtually NO exposure to Hiltons worldwide your comments are pretty meaningless surely if made as a blanket statement as you initially did. San Diego and Tucson are not the geographic limits of the known world.

I bat about 75% at most Hiltons over the years as a Gold, and was upgraded on AWARD stays in the last few weeks at Basel and Nairobi. In Switzerland in fact they phoned in the am and ASKED if we wanted to be upgraded to a suite after the first night on a 6 night stay. And offered a choice of room even.

I had checked in along with another FT'er - long term Diamonds, and they also could not get upgraded the initial night, no matter how cajoling their protests.

They also were upgraded for the next night. So in this case Gold and Diamond were treated identically.

------------------
Try and make it down to SYD for "OZ FEST 2004" - May 21-23

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited Mar 21, 2004).]
Old Mar 21, 2004, 4:54 pm

Thanks Ozstamps, I actually was aware that Tucson and San Diego did not encompass the entire world. You have a nice day also
Old Mar 21, 2004, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dmanphoenix:

Thanks Ozstamps, I actually was aware that Tucson and San Diego did not encompass the entire world. You have a nice day also</font>
Well your initial post here DID say precisely this:

Gold in most properties means nothing as far as upgrades. The upgrades only started coming when I became diamond. Anyone know</font>
Which is pretty misleading/meaningless when you admit you were talking about Hilton experiences in TWO cities on earth only!

------------------
Try and make it down to SYD for "OZ FEST 2004" - May 21-23

~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from UA 747-400 exit row 15A near you SOON!
Old Mar 23, 2004, 9:34 pm

Point taken
Old Mar 23, 2004, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Point taken</font>
Its not wise to argue with 20,000 posts! And, to your credit, you were a gentleman!
Old May 25, 2004, 7:30 pm

Programs: former NW Plat & HH Diamond, NA Executive Elite - now just a DL Gold sitting in the back of the plan
Fast Track to Gold

Good evening,

I'm a relatively young and new travler, so I always appreciate the help from the veterans. I obtained silver status last year with HH, and currently have 7 qualifying stays right now. I know I'll make the 16 stays for GOLD by the end of the year, but in particular, I'll have a bunch of stays coming up in June/July. Is there any kind of program that I can get on for a fast-trac to gold?

Thanks for the help!
-Brian
Old May 27, 2004, 4:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Current Fast Track to Gold?

Is there any current promo out there for fast track to Gold VIP status. Mine slipped this last month and I have a couple of stays coming up. Would love to find something like the ACAQ promo. Didn't need it when it was active.
Old May 27, 2004, 6:08 am

Codes NAVG, APAE, Amex Card, Citibank card, etc. Doubt you'll see an ACAQ again though.
Old May 27, 2004, 9:38 am

Programs: CO Plat*; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TDGooldy
Didn't need it when it was active.
I'll take the 50k pts anytime!
Old May 27, 2004, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
I tried the fastrack but was denied Gold

May want to read my experience with this in my post in this thread
Old May 28, 2004, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Scoop
Codes NAVG, APAE, Amex Card, Citibank card, etc. Doubt you'll see an ACAQ again though.
Any details on the above Fastrack? I'm helping a friend who would be staying at a hilton for 3 wks on assignment, and she has no status with hilton.
Old May 28, 2004, 1:06 pm

Information on APAE and NAVG

APAE Alpha Phi Alpha Enrollment

Instant silver and "opportunity to get on fast track to gold"

To enroll in HHonors as a Silver VIP and get on the Fast Track to Gold VIP membership call 1-800-HHONORS and request origin code APAE. If you are already a member and would like to take advantage of this offer, simply call the HHonors Customer Service Center at 1-800-548-8690 and request Promotion Code APAE.
http://www.alphaphialpha.net/commerce/vas/travel.html

NAVG Navigant
Enroll in Hilton HHonors now and get on the Fast Track to HHonors VIP status. Just have two qualifying stays within 90 days of enrollment to earn HHonors Silver VIP status, or stay four times within the same period to earn Gold VIP status. It normally takes four qualifying stays per calendar year to earn Silver VIP status and 16 stays per year to earn Gold VIP status.
http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/process...px?lp=navigant

Last edited by CozumelJen; May 28, 2004 at 1:09 pm
Old May 28, 2004, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I'm hoping for another chance to earn 50K points.
Old May 28, 2004, 3:23 pm
Suspended

We all want another 50K! :-) Especiallly with GLON from 100K to 175K inflation.
Right now, HHonors could pass out any promo! I see none! The 150% points with no miles doesn't count.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 10:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold,Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold
Back in December I saw a post on betterbidding.com for a free gold status for one year. I took advantage, and they combined by blue membership with that. I've been enjoying those perks that come with gold. This coming Friday we have a stay at the Toronto(airport) Hilton. Came to 57US on the website. I could have maybe gotten it for 10 bucks cheaper on priceline, but the points are worth more to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.