FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/561809-hilton-honors-gold-vip-status-short-cuts-fast-track-instant-challenges-comps.html)

Rudi May 19, 1999 2:55 am

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

From [email protected] Fri May 14 20:08:15 1999
To: "Rudi Martel" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:01:25 -0700
Subject: Re: HHonors Questions

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have upgraded your account to the Gold VIP status, you should receive a new card in 3-4 weeks.

Best Regards TAmmy Lemons
Date: 5/14/99 7:12 AM
>
To: HHonors Services
Subject: HHonors Questions

HHonors#: NNNNNNNNN
Page: http://www.hilton.com/hhonors/benefits/membership.html
Date: Friday, May 14, 1999 07:12:15

gruezi (= Hi in swiss german) I am only HHonors Silver, but have a better status with Marriott (Marquis).

Some of my frequent flyer colleagues told me, that recently they were offered HHonors Gold and since then, they changed form Marriott to Hilton. Any luck for me to be offered a free one year HHonors gold membership

Greetings from Switzerland Rudi Martel

FFLASV Jun 14, 1999 1:54 pm

Hilton HHonors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

I spoke with the Honors customer service center today regarding the Gold Challenge that was available earlier this year. It worked something along the lines of 4 Hilton stays in a 3 month period and you get 50,000 points. While he confirmed that this was not an active promotion, he did say that it will return before the end of the year, probably early in the 4th quarter. He thought it was going to be the same deal as before, but didn't have anything in writing yet.

pgupta011 Jun 14, 1999 2:41 pm

Wasn't the program last year for 60 days instead of 90. Last year I could only get one stay, but if I had registered later for the promotion I could have had 4 stays.

akperry Jun 14, 1999 6:19 pm

This was a great promotion last year.
Hope your info is right!

[This message has been edited by akperry (edited 06-14-1999).]

MileKing Jun 14, 1999 11:32 pm

Yeh, but will the promo be open to those who participated last year or those who are already at Gold or above? I sure hope so!

World20 Oct 17, 2000 7:15 am

Hilton HHonors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges and Comps

The AX Platinum upgrade from Hilton states “Fast Track to Gold VIP Status - just stay four times at any combination of HHonors hotels, between October 5 and December 31, 2000”. If you are already Gold, is this method eligible to re-qualify for Gold for 2001? That’s the way I ready it. Makes a difference to me on how many more Hilton stays I need this year to maintain gold. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
LAX, LHR, et.al.

mikel51 Jan 5, 2001 12:27 am

Fast Trak--How long till gold posts

I just finished my fourth night on Fast Trak to gold, and the points posted for a Jan 2-3 stay at the Las Vegas Hilton.

I know that others obtained instant gold status when they signed up, however they left me at blue. I ended up gaining silver based on my last stay in December. Even though the points have posted, I am still listed as silver. I am too lazy to call. Does anybody else have experience about how long it takes to have your status upgraded after the 4th stay?

Thanks to all FTers for the great tips on to get these free 50K points.

criscokid Jan 5, 2001 3:19 am

When I registered for the promo my status didn't change - I checked my account online.

I called a 2nd time and gave them the promo code again. I checked my account online soon straight away and my status changed to Gold VIP.

thebrucker Jan 9, 2001 1:24 pm

Fast track to GOLD VIP

I was wondering if anyone knew the rules for this promotion. I signed up and
I am now gold but I am not sure what I need to do to keep gold. I think it is 4 qualifying stays before feb 28 and I get 50,000 points. Can someone help me out and let me know the rules and benefits. Thank you so much in advance.

cordelli Jan 9, 2001 2:31 pm

There is a discussion at
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000884.html

but basicailly, you have 90 days to do the four stays from the day you sign up, you get miles after each stay up to 50,000 after four stays.

ILuvParis Jan 9, 2001 3:31 pm

To keep Gold, absent another promotion, you'll need 16 stays during calendar 2001.

TrojanHorse Jan 9, 2001 5:52 pm

I'm diamond but signed up for the promo anyway to get the 50k pts. When I signed up they told me 4 stays by 2/15. I called back and was told 2/28. does anyone know if the stays are retro to the start of the promo, if so I haven't been credited yet. Anyone have any info on the status of this promotion regarding prior stays before registration?

Originally posted by thebrucker:
I was wondering if anyone knew the rules for this promotion. I signed up and
I am now gold but I am not sure what I need to do to keep gold. I think it is 4 qualifying stays before feb 28 and I get 50,000 points. Can someone help me out and let me know the rules and benefits. Thank you so much in advance.

GeorgeJ Jan 30, 2001 9:46 am

Posting of points for Fast Track To Gold promo

Several mentioned that after the first 5000 mile bonus, the rest do not show up specifically on your online HHonors statement. But do you find an extra 10000 points in your account when the second stay posts? Or does it take awhile?

My second stay just posted today but there are no additional points either noted or not noted in my account, just the normal number for the stay...does it take awhile longer for the phantom 10,000 points to show up?

My first stay has the 5000 points documented on the record as "BT2YM Conqst 1st 2000". But no points or note for the second stay..

Do I have a problem here?

Eugene Jan 30, 2001 10:27 am

You may have a problem, as your 10,000 bonus points should post at the same time as regular points. Just remember that it would be a "silent" posting (i.e., it would not show anyplace online, but just in total number of points for your account).

Check your totals (for the whole account, not for that particular stay) once again, and if it didn't increase at least 10,000 points after that stay, give HHonors CS a call.

GeorgeJ Jan 30, 2001 12:42 pm

Eugene, thanks. I called the service center and they added 30,000 points for me on the spot...The rep couldn't figure out how to get the last one to post (probably because he wasn't giving me the correct points for each stay..he added 15,000 each for the 2nd and 3rd stays and was attempting to add 20,000 for the 4th rather than the correct 10,000, 10,000, 25,000).

Apparently the extra 2,000 points each on my 2nd and 3rd stays were from a different promo; forgot to ask if that kept the Fast Track points from adding automatically..I figured they would not allow 2 promos on those stays but the rep said that was fine & they'd count as #2 and #3 so my stay last week was #4 and qualified me for the total 50,000 points and Gold for 2001..cha-ching!!