Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2003, 6:12 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
What is the criterion to get such a challange to diamond? Country of residence? Nights spent to date? Or just simple luck? Would love to get a fast-track to diamond.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 4:22 pm

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
Instant Gold Status... or is it?

Got a letter through from HHonors this morning to say I had been "specially selected" to receive Gold VIP membership and 25k bonus boints (I currently am Silver), only to find that my status hadn't been updated.

So off I went and phoned HHonors and was told that they knew nothing of the promotion and that I would have to post the letter back so they could read it and activate my Gold VIP membership!

Anyone else get this letter though, or experience of complimentary upgrades?
Old Nov 19, 2003, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by barella:
Got a letter through from HHonors this morning to say I had been "specially selected" to receive Gold VIP membership and 25k bonus boints (I currently am Silver), only to find that my status hadn't been updated.

So off I went and phoned HHonors and was told that they knew nothing of the promotion and that I would have to post the letter back so they could read it and activate my Gold VIP membership!

Anyone else get this letter though, or experience of complimentary upgrades?
</font>

Who did you talk to? Are you sure you were talking to HHonors?

I received the same letter about 2 months ago with the same exact offer. Gold card and 25K for 4 stays. The problem was, I'm Gold already. Picked up the phone, the agent gladly transfered the 25K offer to my old card, of which I already did 2 stays and received the points, with 2 more stays coming up.
Call again, get a different agent, s/he should transfer your silver account points to the new card together with the 25K offer. DO NOT mail it back, you'll never see it again.

Good luck!
Old Nov 20, 2003, 1:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
I got this letter yesterday, with a gold HH card enclosed. I too was silver (I tend to use Hilton for short stays, Crowne Plaza for longer ones as a miles strategy).

When I logged on my status was gold

Like the OP, I too live in the UK.

The reference below the signature on my letter was: JAD/qegv/UKGV. Perhaps others could let us know what ref was on their letter?
Old Nov 20, 2003, 1:40 am

Programs: QF Gold
I too got this letter, but when I logged in, it still shows me as a lowly Blue. I emailed hhonors, they didn't know about it and asked me to scan a copy of the letter and send it to them! Still waiting to hear back.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 9:23 am

Sent the letter with a covering note off yesterday morning, and low and behold I've just check my status and its been changed to Gold. Whether this was my letter or them realising they'd forgotten to upgrade some accounts, who knows?
Old Nov 20, 2003, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
They sent the same letter to me last year with a Gold Card good through 4/03 and my account was shown as Gold online.

I did the four stays for 50K bonus, but finished up with about 11 stays for the year and became a Silver (I was a Blue when they sent me the Gold Card). I'll end up at 11 stays for this year, as well.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 10:31 am

I know this is going to sound stupid for me asking, but regarding the upgrades for gold members, I take it I just need to book the cheapest room available in the hotel, and they will automatically upgrade me... or do I need to do anything else?
Old Nov 20, 2003, 2:13 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by barella:
I know this is going to sound stupid for me asking, but regarding the upgrades for gold members, I take it I just need to book the cheapest room available in the hotel, and they will automatically upgrade me... or do I need to do anything else?</font>
Yes: 1)when you arrive you need to ensure that the property has your correct, reserved rate; 2) that the property has your gold status and can offer you the best available upgrade for which your status qualifies (in other words you may have to ask for the upgrade) and 3) when you look at your check-out folio, that only your room (and not your rate) was upgraded. Other threads have reported that guests were charged higher room rates when they were given upgrades at some properties. The rates were corrected back down when the guest pointed out their correct, reserved rate.

Of course most hotel programs, incl. HH upgrade only per availability at check in or on that day. So if having a Towers room or other upgraded space is important to you and the hotel looks to be full, you have no guarantee you'll be upgraded at all unless you reserve the room type in advance.

Yesterday as a HH Gold checking in to the LAX Hilton, I was pre-blocked to 11th fl. Honors level. Asked about Towers availability and after a lot of typing, agent found a top floor Towers room. While the room was smaller than some of the 11th floor ones, it was quieter and came with the great lounge access.

[This message has been edited by Ocn Vw 1K (edited Nov 20, 2003).]
Old Dec 8, 2003, 2:46 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Surprise from Hilton: Comp u/g to Gold and 4 stays/25k points offer

Looks like Hilton might be in a Gold frenzy again. I only stayed 4 stays this year and only a few weeks ago gog a Silver card valid till 4/2005. Today got a Gold card also valid till 4/2005, and a "stay 4 times before 31 March and get up to 25,000 points" offer. This is my 2nd comp to Gold since the first time I got it (in 2001 was thanks to being a UA elite flyer). There are, alas, no codes on the letter, just a note saying the offer is targeted etc.

Strange, but not unapprieciated

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 3:08 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
There are a few long threads on this topic...
Old Dec 8, 2003, 5:48 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Sorry I only saw the 50k/4 stays to Gold when I searched. Mea Culpa.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:49 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Richard, those other threads were all about fighting to get an offer (either 25K or 50K)just like the one which has fallen into your lap!
BTW, I intend 2 stay at the Hilton on the Park Jan. 03-08 (alt. date Jan. 14-20.)

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Mar 13, 2004, 3:29 pm

Instant Gold Status? - Revisited

Hi all.
I was wondering if there were any offer codes for Hilton Instant Gold Status. I remember the ACAQ one but it does not seem to work anymore. Are there any other codes out there and is it possible to email it to me?
Chris
Old Mar 13, 2004, 7:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I don't thin there are any now. This questions was just asked last week:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/010092.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.