Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2003, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Based on what you just said by saying you gave your business to SPG and Hyatt, there isn't any reason Hh should give you anything

You could stay the required 16 stays, that would solve your problem

Old Aug 31, 2003, 6:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Gosh, Trojan. You're so helpful. Thanks very much. I'm actually planning on more stays and the status would matter.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shinbal:
Last year, I had 15 stays. They downgraded me to SILVER, despite three years as a diamond.</font>
Does not sound like you like them very much. You do not stay there yet you still want the benefits.

You could try what is recomended on their web site:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Gold VIP Membership

To Qualify: You'll need 16 qualifying* stays or 36 qualifying* nights in a calendar year at HHonors hotels. At Scandic hotels, only qualifying nights count toward VIP status</font>
Alternatively, you could do a quick search on this site for "gold" in the last few months and get all the information.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 8:50 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fromYXU:
Alternatively, you could do a quick search on this site for "gold" in the last few months and get all the information.</font>
Clearly, that would be too much work.

Old Aug 31, 2003, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow... what a hostility here...
Old Aug 31, 2003, 9:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
Wow... what a hostility here... </font>
Yikes, you said it. I have never encountered this kind of sarcasm - nor am I ever a basher or negative poster to fellow FT'ers.

I have some upcoming stays and am lookig for a way to get back to Gold. That's all. If anyone has any NON-HOSTILE suggestions besides the 15 stays, I'd appreciate it.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 9:45 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shinbal:
Last year, I had 15 stays. They downgraded me to SILVER, despite three years as a diamond</font>
The first thing I would do is call HHonors and just ask if they might not be able to give you a customer accommodation. Let them know that your travel was restricted the year before due to the downturn in the economy and that you are now prepared to get back to traveling more and is there any possibility of a customer accommodation. It might help to talk with a supervisor right out of the gate.

On a side note:
I think your remark about being bitter and then wanting HHonors to comp you was what triggered the responses you got.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Aug 31, 2003, 10:12 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Superd1:
Let them know that your travel was restricted the year before due to the downturn in the economy and that you are now prepared to get back to traveling more and is there any possibility of a customer accommodation.</font>
On the other hand this would be an outright lie...

Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Superd1:
I think your remark about being bitter and then wanting HHonors to comp you was what triggered the responses you got.</font>
Plus many elites are upset about the "dillution" of the program by people getting "instant status" and then using it for two or three stays while they do the required minimum - often many multiples of.

I admit I was surprised that after three years as Diamond and making 15 (of 16 required) stays last year, they would not accomodate you with a Gold membership.

Hilton gave me Gold for some reason in 2002. It was nice for the ten stays I did with them
through February 2003, but I happily accept the reduced benefits of being a Silver this year (and, most likely, next year since I also have ten stays for 2003 so far) because I didn't renew "properly".
Old Aug 31, 2003, 12:00 pm

So you give all your business to Hyatt and Starwood and complain that HH didn't keep you a diamond. Wow....
Old Aug 31, 2003, 1:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tekelberry:
So you give all your business to Hyatt and Starwood and complain that HH didn't keep you a diamond. Wow....</font>
No, that is NOT what my post said. I did NOT expect them to keep me Diamond. I went to Hyatt and Starwood a few years back for other issues - but still managed to keep Diamond one year. Then, the first year I missed it, (by ONE stay), I was downgraded to Silver, when I believe I should have been downgraded to gold. So, while I understand how you would judge what you thought was accurate, your interpretation of my post was not.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 1:40 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdhenry:
On the other hand this would be an outright lie...
</font>
Really? You know the poster personally and know that they stayed less stays last year because?
I think when someone has qualified as a Diamond for 3 years in a row and misses gold by one stay it would be a smart business move on Hilton's part to comp them one time the extra stay. I had Alaska Air comp me about 300 miles one year so I could qualify for MVP and for that they bought a ton of loyalty.
Some of you need to take a deep breath or two. Gees it's not like the code that was floating around last year where you were comped to Gold just for knowing the code. This is a great customer DIAMOND (all of us Diamonds consider ourselves to be great customers) missing Gold by 1 stay after making Diamond 3 years in a row. If you miss it next year by one I hope they will comp you on a one time basis too.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Aug 31, 2003, 1:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Really? You know the poster personally and know that they stayed less stays last year because? </font>
Well, I did take into acount what was told to me:
I became disillusioned with Hilton after 8 years, and gave most of my business to Hyatt and Starwood.</font>
Trying to claim "It wasn't my fault that I didn't make Gold" it at least disingenuous if not dishonest IMO.

[This message has been edited by pdhenry (edited 08-31-2003).]
Old Sep 1, 2003, 8:06 am

shinbal
Have you called HH yet?
It certainly can't hurt to ask.
As far as the issue of "comps",I personally think that it can help a brand get new (bring back old?)frequent travelers.I'll bet that this forum has lots of formally comped (or those who got status through an easy "challenge"),who are are very good HH customers today.
Your primary question "They used to practically give gold status away, but I don't see any promos for it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Gold?" is something that many of us have wondered about.It did seem that everyone was getting gold for nothing. Maybe HH woke-up and are now trying to weed the not-so-frequent traveling golds from the system.
You
Old Sep 17, 2003, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
comp to Gold plus 50K for 4 stays

My partner received a letter for Comp Gold fro HH and AA, he is an EXP. Letter and card said gold through 9/04 and if 4 stays between 9/15/03 and 1/31/04 I think the you get 5K for first stay, 10K for second, 15K for third, and 20K for fourth stay for a total of 50K hilton points. I called the number provided by hilton and tried to enter my number and it said I wasn't eligble, then entered by partners and said he was all signed up. I am HH diamond currently. 1-877-655-5478 for phone in and a web address for online regestration hiltonhhonors.com/goldvip Tried to signup on web and error message says number is invalid. Promotion code is AAAQ

------------------
dallasflyer

[This message has been edited by dallasflyer (edited 09-17-2003).]

[This message has been edited by dallasflyer (edited 09-17-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.