Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2003, 4:02 pm

Instant Gold for SQ Elites - is this like AAGU?

Gaucho posted the following on SQ:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum88/HTML/001113.html

Curious whether any Solitare PPS SQ flyers have seen this? Is this another instant Gold status promo like HH did for AA platinum's last year? Or is it a fast track promo?

Have HH mentioned a 4 digit code??

[This message has been edited by kawoh (edited 06-11-2003).]
Old Jun 12, 2003, 2:41 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
June 03 - Instant Gold offer for Europe-based people?

I have a couple of stays at Hilton properties coming up, and people tell me that Hilton gives away their Gold status to almost anyone via various promos. Well, I'm only Blue for now, so I wonder if there are any current (June 03) promotions for instant Gold VIP?

A search yielded only codes that apparently have expired, such as AAGU and CTNU etc.

My profile: Switzerland-based, Gold on LX and MX as well as Starwood, no Amex card, AA basic member.

I appreciate your assistance.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The UK Amex offer code for gold is/was SMGD. I t required 4 stays within 90 days. Why not call the HH folks and ask for that offer? I doubt very much whetherthey'll ask you for an Amex card number. I'm not sure the promo is still good, but it's worth a shot.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 6:35 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thank you for your suggestion. I was informed by a HHonors agent that this promo has expired. Are there any other codes around?

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 3:57 pm

Fast Track to Gold with HH charge card questions

I got both an HH Visa and an HH AMEX card almost three months ago and one or both had the fast track to gold promo for 4 stays within 90 days of receiving the card. I have two questions:

1.Will the gold status be valid for 1 full year or for the rest of this year which would mean it is only valid for 6 months?

2. How do they calculate the 90 days, from time of application, or from the date of 1st purchase or maybe from the close of the first statement?

I need 1 more stay to qualify and am wondering how long I have to get it and whether it is worth it as I really want gold status mainly for my glon award stay in Cancun next March.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 4:54 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
It all depends. Some people get it till year end (12/03) while others get it till 04/04. Yet others are actually given it till 04/05 (if they had qualified the regular way). I don't know if this random or if they actually look at something before they decide.

Actually, I had a question which perhaps the Diamonds could answer. I was a Diamond for 2 years and just got Gold. My Gold package says:

Gold VIP members are eligible for a room upgrade to Tower Concierge class at Tower hotels and executive level at non-tower hotels or to the best available room. Room upgrades exclude suites and villas at all hotels and special accomadations at select hotels, and are based on space availability at check-in.

IS this "Room upgrades exclude suites and villas at all hotels and special accomadations at select hotels" just a GOld thing or do the Diamonds see this on their welcome packet as well?? IS this something the Diamonds get and not Golds?? Cause I remember getting suites and all when I was a Diamond.... Just curious...
Old Jun 15, 2003, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
First, regardless of what the card that is sent to you says, you need to requalify for gold/diamond EVERY year. So, even if your card says it expires in 4/2005, you still need to requalify in 2003 for the 4/2004 to 4/2005 program year. The letter that was sent with the card clearly states this but it's easy to miss the one or two lines that state this important fact.

As far as Diamond upgrades are concerned, the language is the same as the Gold language you quoted above. It appears that many hotels give us something extra with regard to suites. They are NOT something the hotel has to give us.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 9:30 pm

I have not qualified for gold yet, (I'm silver)but would qualify with my next stay if completed within the next couple of weeks. So what I'm asking is once I qualify is it valid only till the end of 2003 or till 4/2004?
Old Jun 16, 2003, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not clear to me whether it's until 12/2003 or 4/2004. HH is rather ambiguous with regard to calendar year vs. program year. I'd call and ask.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I was gold (not that that mattered since i rarely got gold bennies for some reason) & dropped to silver. i thought of doing the 4 stays/90 days thing to get to gold again but found out it would only make me gold 'til end of year & not 2004, & the latter part of year i'll probably be staying at marriotts, so i decided it wasn't worth it to jump through the hoops.

------------------
Sharon
Old Jun 16, 2003, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I did the CNTU in August 2002 and received a gold card good till April 2003. I was kinda bummed, then I participated in the fast track to gold though American Express and I received my card. The card arrived and it says it's good till April 2005! I am beginning to think it is hit or miss as to who you get and what they do when you call in.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did CNTU in July of 2002, and got a card that says 4/2004. I'm still gold. I think it's hit or miss how long they give you. Maybe I'll drop down next month, maybe after December, but I'm hoping for 4/2004, like the card says.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PaulMSN:
I did CNTU in July of 2002, and got a card that says 4/2004. I'm still gold. I think it's hit or miss how long they give you. Maybe I'll drop down next month, maybe after December, but I'm hoping for 4/2004, like the card says.</font>
I'd have a problem with dropping down if the card states April 04! I'd make a copy and send it to Hilton and tell them if it was an error they should at least honor their error until April 04 as the card states!
Old Jun 16, 2003, 11:01 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Well, to answer one question - If you qualify the regular way ie 16 nights for Gold, then the Gold you get is valid for the remainder of that year, all of the next year till April of the following year. So if you were to qualify for Gold NOW (the regular way), you would have it till 04/05. It's only these bonus or fast track promotions where you don't know how long you have the status for.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 6:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PrivatePilot:
Well, to answer one question - If you qualify the regular way ie 16 nights for Gold, then the Gold you get is valid for the remainder of that year, all of the next year till April of the following year. So if you were to qualify for Gold NOW (the regular way), you would have it till 04/05. It's only these bonus or fast track promotions where you don't know how long you have the status for.</font>

Unfortunately, to qualify for Gold the regular way requires 32 nights or 16 stays. I have 14 nights in only 3 stays. The system is clearly geared towards business travel rather than leisure travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.