Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2003, 8:09 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
Just to add a little confusion to this subject. Both of my sons signed up for the CNTU promotion and both received cards that said they were good until 4/2004. In April one of them was dropped to Blue and one of them stayed Gold. Funny thing is neither of them stayed at a Hilton during the year, both transferred airmiles in. The only difference is one of them referred someone else to the program, he was the one dropped to Blue. Both signed up within a few days of each other.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Jun 17, 2003, 10:30 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boggie:

Unfortunately, to qualify for Gold the regular way requires 32 nights or 16 stays. I have 14 nights in only 3 stays. The system is clearly geared towards business travel rather than leisure travel.
</font>
Sorry - I meant 16 stays....(not nights)
Old Jun 18, 2003, 8:04 am

Has anyone on this board achieved the HH gold status through this promotion, and if so , what was your experience? Was it automatically noted on your HH account or did you have to call either AMEX or HHonors to get credit and your new gold card?
Old Jun 18, 2003, 1:25 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Fast Track to Gold Problems

Does anybody know any angels? I signed up for an AmEx Fast Track to Gold promo (4 stays in 90 days) a few months ago. Well, I did my four stays in 60 days and my Gold status never showed. I called HHonors and to my surprise, they said that they had no record of me ever registering for it. That was a bit of a shock. Anyway, the HHonors CSR said her supervisor said that they couldn't retroactively credit my past stays and instead, signed me up for the promotion again!
I asked for a point of contact to fax in a letter but both fax numbers given to me were busy for the last few hours. I'm sure this will get resolved (worst case, do another 4 stays) but does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:45 pm

On the Visa side, does anyone know the promo code for fast track? Hilton won't give me the code and citibank does not know the code either.

I've been approved for the visa card (June 11) - but citibank is "upgrading" their card printing systems and cannot send me a card until JULY! I've got two stays this weekend that I was hoping to have count towards 4 in 90 and a bunch of overseas stays next month I was hoping to have gold for. I'm stuck. Thanks citibank.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boggie:
Has anyone on this board achieved the HH gold status through this promotion, and if so , what was your experience? Was it automatically noted on your HH account or did you have to call either AMEX or HHonors to get credit and your new gold card?</font>
bump
Old Jul 1, 2003, 4:06 am

Hey, anyone have any idea if this CNTU promotion is still valid? I got a similar email from HH a couple months ago, but I believe the offer expired in June. Could I just call and quote that code to sign up again?

I've got a cross-country road trip next week, and will likely make four stays. Any other suggestions on a quick way to gold? I'm already silver now, but nowhere close to the normal threshold.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 9:18 pm

We've been facing a long, dry summer...

JP
Old Jul 2, 2003, 9:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sfokilla:
Hey, anyone have any idea if this CNTU promotion is still valid?</font>
I just called and was told the promotion is no longer in effect.

Old Jul 11, 2003, 4:13 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Well, I got the fast track promo resolved. I got through to the fax number and sent Hilton a letter explaining my problem. I called Hilton earlier this week to see if they were able to resolve the issue. They didn't see any mention of my fax on their computer systems and I resent the fax earlier this week. I also sent a copy of my letter to [email protected].

I received an email this afternoon from Hilton apologizing for the mistake. They saw my four stays and upped me to Gold status as part of the AmEx promotion. The email came as a pleasant surprise; I wasn't expecting HHonors to do a thing about it. Looking forward to my next few stays at Hilton to see what perks it brings...
Old Jul 11, 2003, 4:38 pm

You're luckier than me. I signed up for a 50k/4 stay promo last year and never got the points. No record of sign up. All appeals fell on deaf ears.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 5:08 pm

Would anyone please help with the fastrack 10 stays to Diamond promo code. I received one months ago, confirmed at that time with HH, but now after having several more stays than fast track required, HH says that they could only verify it or look it up if I have the code.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 11:43 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by best:
Would anyone please help with the fastrack 10 stays to Diamond promo code. I received one months ago, confirmed at that time with HH, but now after having several more stays than fast track required, HH says that they could only verify it or look it up if I have the code.</font>

Great answer on their part since there was NO promo code. I still have the origional E-mail and there are absolutely no codes and nothing to do. They just tell you your on the Fast Track.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Jul 12, 2003, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
best, YGM...
Old Aug 31, 2003, 6:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Getting to gold fast....how?

I am a bitter ex-diamond (3 years!). I became disillusioned with Hilton after 8 years, and gave most of my business to Hyatt and Starwood.

Last year, I had 15 stays. They downgraded me to SILVER (instead of just down one level to Gold), despite three years as a diamond.

I have an as-yet undetermined number of stays coming up at several properties and don't feel the need to ask for a diamond comp, but would like to get back to Gold.

They used to practically give gold status away, but I don't see any promos for it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Gold?

Thanks!

-edited to add part about upcoming stays, to hopefully be more clear about my request.

[This message has been edited by shinbal (edited 08-31-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.