Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2008, 7:39 pm

Blackstone at work?
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...25/story3.html

BTW, I was told by a front desk manager that Blackstone also owns the Marriott Waikoloa beach.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by neuro0
Blackstone at work?
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...25/story3.html

BTW, I was told by a front desk manager that Blackstone also owns the Marriott Waikoloa beach.
If so, their new way of doing things won't be helping to improve this picture:

The sprawling 1,240-room Hilton Waikoloa Village also is a challenge. The complex on the Kohala Coast is extremely expensive to maintain and its occupancy is consistently below Hilton standards. Even aggressive promotions and marketing efforts have failed to keep the hotel anywhere close to full.
If they plan on persuing further 'revenue enhancing' changes in this fashion, I have no problem flipping Blackstone the bird and staying elsewhere. I know my money is appreciated - I want to stay where I am appreciated.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by nsx
Letters to the head honcho of Hilton's loyalty program are called for. Can anyone post that name and address here?
Surprised that you are asking this after 9 years on the site .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/[email protected]

It looks like he hasn't really replied much in recent years, though, unlike in the beginning when he still cared.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by attorney28

It looks like he hasn't really replied much in recent years, though, unlike in the beginning when he still cared.
Or the well known fact ( but somehow conveniently forgotten ) that Adam Burke has been promoted to more important job than reading BBs

mike
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Seeger was Ousted

Originally Posted by nsx
I wonder about the thinking, such as it was, behind the scenes. This was presumably a decision by the general manager of the hotel, Mr. Seeger. It's a short-sighted move, perhaps made in desperation due to Hilton's meager reimbursement for award stays. Or perhaps it's an effort to pressure Hilton, as I will explain below.
Deiter was a tremendous GM: he'd greet me upon arrival, invite me out to drinks with his wife, always upgrade me, would leave me gifts for being a super-frequent return guest, etc.

Unfortunately, Hilton ousted him earlier this year and named Debi Bishop this August as his replacement. Debi joins the HWV from the Marriot Sawgrass resort by Jacksonville, FL. During my last stay at HWV, I asked staffers what they thought of her. Most said she's very very different and not as personable as the Deiter. Deiter had a great car collection (ever see him run down the Queens Highway in one of his Porsche's?) and allowed staffers to borrow his cars for a night... meanwhile Debi is very introverted and conservative.

Hilton obviously wanted to shake things up and change. I don't know how the numbers were under Deiter's reign... but with Hawaii tourism significantly down and Big Island numbers down more than the rest of the chain, it's a shame Hilton felt the need to tighten their belt when they should really be trying to do everything they can to woo guests over.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:06 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by attorney28

I was thinking snail mail to the VP of Marketing or some such person. Snail mail letters are often read by the executive you address them to.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: DL-PM, HH Diamond
I had the plated breakfast in August. Small bowl of fruit, a pastry, juice, and coffee. I think that was it.

So... I just cancelled a stay that we had booked for thanksgiving week, and had them note the reason (lounge closed) why. I will follow up with an email to the GM, but expect to hear nothing in reply, as that seems standard now.

Answida
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Still looking for a response on this...

Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
What contact information are people using who are sending in complaints about this change? I have a stay in December and would like to send them my thoughts.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:16 pm

Hilton Contacts

Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
What contact information are people using who are sending in complaints about this change? I have a stay in December and would like to send them my thoughts.
Hilton is a very complex organization that is organized on both geographic and brand lines. I am not sure where you wish to target your complaint.

If you had a SPECIFIC grievance, I would start with the MD of the hotel and then (if necessary) contact Guest Assistance with a copy to the cognizant VP.

Customer care investigates complaints by referring them back to the hotel and then monitors the response. You can call Guest Assistance at 888-240-6152.

If you wish to write:

Hilton Hotels Corporation
755 Crossover Lane
Memphis TN 38117

You can track down the names and address of the Hilton management with a little help from Google.

The top man is

Christopher Nassetta
President and CEO Hilton Hotels Corporation
World Headquarters
9336 Civic Center Drive
Beverley Hills. CA 90210

The "king" of the HHonors program is:

Adam Bourke
Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Hilton Honors Worldwide
9336 Civic Center Drive
Beverley Hills. CA 90210

Good luck and keep us informed.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:00 am

Programs: BMI(G), United 1K, Virgin (S), Starwood (Gold) Hilton (Diamond)
And I've booked for 6 nights over Christmas - aghhhhh! Its a long way from London to Kona just to get no Diamond benefits!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Very disappointing to hear about the closure of the executive lounge and the paltry breakfast offering.

I was planning to go to HWV just after new year ( rates just about $200) . The breakfast menu on the hwv site ( sample menu) suugests the breakfast menu is about $35! ( that is a lot).

Need to think about this. ( the hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful though)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If anyone plans on canceling their reservation and staying elsewhere, I strongly suggest sending a fax to the new GM explaining exactly why the reservation was canceled, and point out their drastic turn against customer service is being actively blogged about on the Internet.

If they don't know why people are canceling, and can't quantify the loss, they won't change anything.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:30 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by bocastephen
If they don't know why people are canceling, and can't quantify the loss, they won't change anything.
Correct. Most customers won't find out about this until they arrive at the hotel. They won't book a return trip, and the hotel won't have any way to count the lost opportunity.

Good managers realize that one complaint letter typically means that ten or more customers have been in the same situation but didn't bother to write. Letters are countable, and their importance is (or at least should be) greater than you might think.

If the management were really smart, they'd respond to each letter with a stack of breakfast coupons in lieu of lounge access, along with a statement that the lounge closure is being re-evaluated. @:-)

OTOH, if, as I suspect, the problem is a dispute between the hotel and Hilton HHonors, don't expect anything resembling an intelligent response.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
If you wish to write:

Hilton Hotels Corporation
755 Crossover Lane
Memphis TN 38117

You can track down the names and address of the Hilton management with a little help from Google.

The top man is

Christopher Nassetta
President and CEO Hilton Hotels Corporation
World Headquarters
9336 Civic Center Drive
Beverley Hills. CA 90210

The "king" of the HHonors program is:

Adam Bourke
Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Hilton Honors Worldwide
9336 Civic Center Drive
Anybody have a fax number for these?

After getting zero response from the hotel, time to escalate a little (and express puzzlement that letters from long-time and repeat customers are going completely unacknowledged).
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
So all of this recent chatter has me a bit concerned about the anniversary trip I had planned for May.
My wife wants to go to a "tropical" location, but the recent developments have me looking elsewhere. I'd love to go back to Bora Bora, but unfortunately no Hilton properties there.
Is it worth keeping my current reservation here or would I be better off with my points in either Mexico or the Carribean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.