Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:29 am

I was there in October - as BlueZebra said - unless something has changed, there is plenty of offerings to make a dinner. Same can be said for lunch as well.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:03 am

It's a matter of taste. Reading some reviews I think, some travelers are not aware, that the quality of food and service in Italy is much better than in the most other countries. Italians are really good at food and friendliness. OK, at fashion and Ferraris as well.

We've staid at the Rome Cavalieri 2,5 weeks ago for four days and I recomend the following procedure:
- in the morning breakfast at the Rome Cavalieri (EUR 20,- per person per day for DIA)
- on daytime ice-cream at a Gelateria in the city
- dinner at a nice Italian restaurant in the city or near the Rome Cavalieri

Even if the Imperial lounge is great compared to other lounges, it's easily beaten by Italian restaurants in Italy. And for sure the restaurants are much more interesting.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:49 am

We've stayed here 6 times (6 nights each time) and a few times we were too tired to head out to dinner and snacked at the lounge. There's plenty food and drinks to keep you happy. may go back next year, but hate that the restaurant downstairs is no longer free for breakfast. They have an amazing spread.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:01 am

Hi !
I was wondering if folks had any restaurant recommendations around the hotel that won't break the bank ? We're a family of 5 and looking for a moderately priced dinners around $20-30 usd pp. TY!

Sunil
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by sunil
Hi !
I was wondering if folks had any restaurant recommendations around the hotel that won't break the bank ? We're a family of 5 and looking for a moderately priced dinners around $20-30 usd pp. TY!

Sunil
We ate here two evenings and really enjoyed the food. It is a short taxi ride or a 15 min walk. Really good food.

http://ilpeperoncinodispettoso.com/
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:01 am

Hi !
I was wondering if folks had any restaurant recommendations around the hotel that won't break the bank ? We're a family of 5 and looking for a moderately priced dinners around $20-30 usd pp.
We enjoyed the Caselli (Via Marziale, 41, 00136 Roma). 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel. Very friendly service, good food, good house wine
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by thbe
We enjoyed the Caselli (Via Marziale, 41, 00136 Roma). 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel. Very friendly service, good food, good house wine

Thank you , I'll be visiting both !
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:40 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Hi !

Sunil
Not near the hotel but right next to where the free hotel shuttle drops you off. Don't know the exact name, but its a dark peach colored facade with the words "trattoria" outside. Could upload a pic and how to get there. Prices weren't bad, and the food was AMAZING. We go back overtime we are at the Waldorf. Had dinner there once while Mariah Carey was there, her picture now adorns the wall.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Awsome

We stayed at the cavalieri for five nights in late may. I've had my eye on this property for well over a decade and had very high expectations... the Cavalieri delivered, in fact my expectations were exceeded!

We booked a regular room and were upgraded to a city view room. The room was very large and well appointed (the auto shades were great for the morning sun.

We ate breakfast downstairs a couple of mornings... they were running a special if you prepaid for breakfast vouchers during the month of May (don't recall the price). The breakfast spread was very good.

The pool area was great (drinks were priced as expected).

Not far too from the resort (15 minute walk) is Da Luciano... it was so good we actually ate dinner twice during our stay.

Taxis are roughly 15-20 euro each way to the city (depending on where you go in the city). We found the shuttle to be busy and didn't use the shuttle service.

On a side note, we had some movie stars staying at the resort while we were there: mark wahlberg, kevin spacey, and (I forget the actress)... they were filming in Rome for an upcoming movie.

Wonderful spot. The distance away from the center of Rome was actually nice in our opinion. We will come back!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by gbearbuck
We stayed at the cavalieri for five nights in late may. I've had my eye on this property for well over a decade and had very high expectations... the Cavalieri delivered, in fact my expectations were exceeded!

We booked a regular room and were upgraded to a city view room. The room was very large and well appointed (the auto shades were great for the morning sun.

We ate breakfast downstairs a couple of mornings... they were running a special if you prepaid for breakfast vouchers during the month of May (don't recall the price). The breakfast spread was very good.

The pool area was great (drinks were priced as expected).

Not far too from the resort (15 minute walk) is Da Luciano... it was so good we actually ate dinner twice during our stay.

Taxis are roughly 15-20 euro each way to the city (depending on where you go in the city). We found the shuttle to be busy and didn't use the shuttle service.

On a side note, we had some movie stars staying at the resort while we were there: mark wahlberg, kevin spacey, and (I forget the actress)... they were filming in Rome for an upcoming movie.

Wonderful spot. The distance away from the center of Rome was actually nice in our opinion. We will come back!

We had some similar experiences. Our family of 5 ate at Luciano's twice as well and enjoyed the 10 minute walk to the restaurant from the Cavalieri. Also one morning Robert DeNiro was at the table next to ours at breakfast. My family really enjoyed the indoor pool and spa at the end of each day touring around.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Looking at a stay here shortly for 2 Adults and 2 children.

As soon as I select children the Imperial rooms are no longer available.

I would prefer Imperial access but seem kids cant stay on these floors?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:38 am

Planning a trip across Europe with a 6 day stay in Rome. I'm debating between the WA and the Aleph, and was wondering if anyone had any opinion on which is better. I do enjoy being able to leave my hotel and walk around the city which obviously I can do at the Aleph, but I'm not familiar with Rome, so for all I know, I may be able to do that at the WA as well. In addition, the WA is 15,000 points less for a standard room per night.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Austin Cox
Planning a trip across Europe with a 6 day stay in Rome. I'm debating between the WA and the Aleph, and was wondering if anyone had any opinion on which is better. I do enjoy being able to leave my hotel and walk around the city which obviously I can do at the Aleph, but I'm not familiar with Rome, so for all I know, I may be able to do that at the WA as well. In addition, the WA is 15,000 points less for a standard room per night.
You're not walking the city from the WA. It's a 10-minute shuttle/cab ride to the city from WA.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Austin Cox
The WA is on the top of a hill and not a part of Rome's inner city. You will find some nice restaurants in walking distance. WA offers a free shuttle service to/from the Piazza Barberini, bit there are always some taxis waiting and you can also use Uber.

The Aleph is very close to that Piazza Barberini with a lot of things in walking distance. If it's important for you to just take a step outside the hotel and being in downtown, the Aleph is the right hotel for you.

I think, you can't do anything wrong with both hotels. If you stay 6 days, it's maybe a option to change the hotel and to try both. But of course you will take the opportunity to get the 5th night for free.

Buy the way: My wife and I enjoyed a Segway tour in Rome. It's not for kids, but if you travel with adults only, it's a very comfortable way to get different impressions.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta GM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone know what size beds are in the family room? I am looking at booking this room and was thinking this would be a good idea for my upcoming couples trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.