Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Do they provide free breakfast for whole family if main guest has Gold or Diamond status ?

example: 2 adults and 1 child
My only data point is as a Diamond with 2 adults. No issues with breakfast. Not sure if it limits at 2 or not though.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:19 am

There are two restaurants ( AL 384 Pizzeria con Cucina, and Foodo) and a supermarket (Supermercato Elite) to fill up on snacks and drinks at about 7 minutes walk from the hotel.

BTW, are staying guests allowed to consume their own food and drinks by the pool ?

Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by liw5215
I know the hotel is a little bit off the city center. Is the hotel good for the first time visiting Rome? plan to stay 3 nights in Rome fall this year. TIA.
no, it’s far if you want to go see sights, come back to freshen up and the go out again. Doable if you resign yourself to multiple taxis (20 minutes sounds right, you can probably take the shuttle in the morning)

if longer than 3 nights, might make more sense. The hotel is gorgeous, and we love the pool, but I’d suggest first timers stay more central unless you don’t mind missing a lot of the sights in Rome.

there is a restaurant near the hotel that’s fine. But not like eating on the Piazza Navona.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:54 am

Planning to stay at this hotel as a couple with a 3.5 year old toddler in tow, who will probably find walking in the city all days long too boring or tiring. That's why I think the hotel would be ideal for us.

Morning: Visit one or two sights
Lunch in the city and return to the hotel
Afternoon: nap or relax by the pool
Dinner: one of the couple restaurants outside the hotel (6-8 minute walk) . Maybe "splurge" for a dinner at L'Uliveto on the day of arrival as our flight lands into Rome at 7 PM.

if they allow my 3.5 year old into the kids club (stated minimum age is 4), then we might change that plan a little
liw5215 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Stickboy46
Beautiful hotel. Beautiful view of the city if you get a rome view room.

As far as first time visiting, its 15-20 min to most of the normal touristy stuff. So expect to include that in your calculations. They do have a shuttle but only used it once due to trying to time things right (think it's once an hour).

One downside .. there are basically no food options in walking distance. So expect to eat before you come back or expect to pay the upcharge for hotel food. Also of note .. to get to it, there is a very winding road that goes up hill the whole time. I also found out the hard way that uber eats in Rome has bicycle delivery. Poor guy was nearly dead by the time he made it up the hill to the hotel an hour later. I maxed out the tip allowed on Uber Eats for that guy.
Thanks for the info. we probably stay at other Hiltons in the city such as Double Tree Monti, or the newly opened Cosmoplotita Hotel Rome.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Planning to stay at this hotel as a couple with a 3.5 year old toddler in tow, who will probably find walking in the city all days long too boring or tiring. That's why I think the hotel would be ideal for us.

Morning: Visit one or two sights
Lunch in the city and return to the hotel
Afternoon: nap or relax by the pool
Dinner: one of the couple restaurants outside the hotel (6-8 minute walk) . Maybe "splurge" for a dinner at L'Uliveto on the day of arrival as our flight lands into Rome at 7 PM.

if they allow my 3.5 year old into the kids club (stated minimum age is 4), then we might change that plan a little
we are slow travelers without kids, your daily routines are just like ours, we have no plan to visit ALL Rome sites in 3 days, just want to glimpse the major spots in a leisurely way. I am debating whether stay here or some other Hiltons in the city such as doubletree Monti, or new Cosmopita Hotel Rome.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
The Aleph is nice, good location, helpful team There right now and it is hot as blazes
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by manstein58
The Aleph is nice, good location, helpful team There right now and it is hot as blazes
tried to use HH points for the stay. The Aleph wants outrageous points. was looking at either WA Rome or Cosmopolita, or DT Monti.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
we are slow travelers without kids, your daily routines are just like ours, we have no plan to visit ALL Rome sites in 3 days, just want to glimpse the major spots in a leisurely way. I am debating whether stay here or some other Hiltons in the city such as doubletree Monti, or new Cosmopita Hotel Rome.
if you are only going out once a day and will be only out for 4-6 hours, and spending afternoons and evenings in the hotel, then it makes sense.
But you won’t be able to visit 50% of all Rome sites in 3 days even if you went out all day, and certainly not in a leisurely way.. I assume you have no interest in museums or the Vatican, so you can hit the major sites of ancient time in that time. But the Roman forum is a few hours hours by itself, as is the Coleseum. That will leave you a day for everything else if you are a truly slow traveler.

Far more going on inside that’s sites than out.

although I suppose you could ride the sightseeing bus for a day and get a glimpse of all.

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 3, 2022 at 5:40 am
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by beachfan
if you are only going out once a day and will be only out for 4-6 hours, and spending afternoons and evenings in the hotel, then it makes sense.
But you won’t be able to visit 50% of all Rome sites in 3 days even if you went out all day, and certainly not in a leisurely way.. I assume you have no interest in museums or the Vatican, so you can hit the major sites of ancient time in that time. But the Roman forum is a few hours hours by itself, as is the Coleseum. That will leave you a day for everything else if you are a truly slow traveler.

Far more going on inside that’s sites than out.

although I suppose you could ride the sightseeing bus for a day and get a glimpse of all.
My youngest daughter and I spent a couple of hours on the tram that went in front of the HGI. Nice views. My wife went to the Collesium and Trevi fountain by herself, and a few other stops as she was a lot more in shape than I was 4-5 years ago.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by manstein58
don't have the same opinion. The Aleph is way overpriced. You pay 5x the price of the DT for a small dark room in a similar location. Definitely not worth the money.
est-gratuite and liw5215 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum

I’m also looking for a hotel for 3 days and am debating between the DT, Cosmopita or a non-Hilton.

Id like to be in a good location (not just for the tourist attractions but also for restaurants) and I’d like it to have a modern feel.

So far the DT looks nice , but I’m unsure of the Cosmopita as it’s changing to a Hilton soon, is it being remodeled or are the photos of the current hotel representative?

Probably not coming back here for a very long time so I definitely want to enjoy my stay.

what’s the best spot ?

Last edited by StangGT909; Jun 5, 2022 at 6:11 am
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by GaJaDreams
don't have the same opinion. The Aleph is way overpriced. You pay 5x the price of the DT for a small dark room in a similar location. Definitely not worth the money.
OK-had a nice junior suite for 630 euros which is good for Rome this time of year
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by StangGT909
I’m also looking for a hotel for 3 days and am debating between the DT, Cosmopita or a non-Hilton.

Id like to be in a good location (not just for the tourist attractions but also for restaurants) and I’d like it to have a modern feel.

So far the DT looks nice , but I’m unsure of the Cosmopita as it’s changing to a Hilton soon, is it being remodeled or are the photos of the current hotel representative?

Probably not coming back here for a very long time so I definitely want to enjoy my stay.

what’s the best spot ?
first time visitor to Rome, DT Monti or Cosmopolita or something else with the city center
No first time visitor, WA Cavalieri
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a chance to stay the Cavalieri earlier this month. Fantastic stay. One night on points, one night with FHR, and Diamond. Great breakfast, great recognition of status (included spa access), the pool is so perfect for summer. Upgraded to an alcove suite. Can see how the whole stay went in the video:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.