Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hi -- How were you able to negotiate the upgrade to the imperial floor?? I wish you luck with your trip for the new year
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: just about them all
If you don't ask........

Maybe I was fortunate because I had made the reservation before the changeover.
On previous visits, I was upgraded and got access to the old executive lounge, now the Imperial lounge.
Because I hadn't been notified of the proposed change, I contacted the hotel directly (Diamond desk was a waste of time) and expressed my displeasure. I was initially told I'd be upgraded to a deluxe city view, with access to the Colosseo lounge. After a few more emails, explaining how disappointed I was, etc., I was told that they would upgrade me to an Imperial room, but with a glorious view of the tower! Oh well, can't have everything.
I think the key thing is "perseverence". Don't give up too easily.
At least Mrs AWFHA is very pleased.
I'll post my experience after my stay and, if possible, will try to get a look at the Colosseo lounge.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (Hogmanay)to all.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading your review, as I am planning to stay there (using points) for my honeymoon this coming July. I am not expecting to get an upgrade, but wish I could convince them otherwise!
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, I suppose. Imperial Lounge/Floor access is definitely not given to Diamonds as an upgrade, but rules are meant to be broken. As a Diamond you will get an 'upgraded' room usually -- just probably not to the Imperial floor. Enjoy your stay, it's still a good hotel and good value if you got it before the point inflation.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 2:36 pm

I just got off the phone with the HHonors people and I don't know what the real info is anymore. The website main calendar shows high season for this hotel March 1 to Dec 31. Last week (before I had air reservations) all next week at least through Dec 27 was low season. Now the website shows no award availability whatsoever. The standard room no blackout guarantee? They are all gone even though the only difference between it and the next level is the view. The layout is the same. Being a vip I'd get upgraded to the next level with city view.

The HHonors people quoted 3 nights for next week at 40, 40 and 60. High season "kicks in" on Dec 24. But it's gone again after Jan 1. It seems like they are adjusting point totals based on demand and the ability to get away with it.

Maybe they should do a priceline type auction using points.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
I booked a 4-night award stay at the Cavalieri for next November. I was surprised to find that November is considered "high season" and that the cost was 60K per night! It looks like a nice place to stay, but I'm using a lot of points for this hotel.

Is there any advice on what I can expect or request in terms of upgrades/amenities as a Diamond?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH diamond
I have an upcoming award stay at the Cavalieri, made when the lower points were in effect. I am trying to add on night to the previous reservation but had to request the Diamond Force.

This is the e-mail response I received (paraphrased):
We are unable to grant your request as your original reservation was made when the lower point requirements were in effect. To add another night you would require 235000 points (5 nights) which you do not have.

Why can't I make a single night reservation for 60,000 points? My 4-night res was made with an AXON award. When did the rules get modified that we have to cancel and then remake the reservation if we want extra nights? I had previously made back to back single night award reservations at previous Hiltons. Have others been able to put a single night stay with a 4-day AXON award? Is this a case of an uninformed agent?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Is this a case of an uninformed agent?
yes,
keep your original booking and create your adjoining res online, no rule against this
Old Dec 26, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: hh diamond;co silver;
Mr and I are traveling to the Waldorf Rome in March on reward reservation made last April. I see on my online account that it is listed as the higher points-yet when I made it, it was not that. When I bring the certificate to the hotel are they going to charge me more points? If so, I don't want to go. I agree-it is far out and we have been here before in the lounge on executive floor. Sounds as if it is not what it used to be. I definitely will not go if it costs more points now even with the previous reservation.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Merlot
Mr and I are traveling to the Waldorf Rome in March on reward reservation made last April. I see on my online account that it is listed as the higher points-yet when I made it, it was not that. When I bring the certificate to the hotel are they going to charge me more points? If so, I don't want to go. I agree-it is far out and we have been here before in the lounge on executive floor. Sounds as if it is not what it used to be. I definitely will not go if it costs more points now even with the previous reservation.
As long as you have your confirmed booking and your Award Certificate they will honor your reservation.

Online whenever I make a AXON award it shows as 160,000 points but have never had any more than the 125,000 deducted from my account upon arrival and producing my AXON Award Confirmation.

sdcarver
Old Dec 26, 2008, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH Gold SPG Gold Hyatt Diamond Marriott Gold
Prior to my stay in November, which was booked before the change, the points on the online reservation page showed a higher amount, but the hotel accepted the points certificate issued with the booking without any discussion. Enjoy Rome!
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: hh diamond;co silver;
thanks for the info. I will make sure to bring my original confirmation and glon award with me. Looking forward to it as the dollar is worth more now than when we went 2 years ago.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 8:15 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by candichic1
Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading your review, as I am planning to stay there (using points) for my honeymoon this coming July. I am not expecting to get an upgrade, but wish I could convince them otherwise!
Contact the hotel manager directly by email and let him know that it's your honeymoon. I did this for my anniversary a couple of years ago and while I did not receive lounge access (hotel was full due to a convention) we did receive a city view room,complimentary champagne and pastries on our first night with a letter from the manager himself, and fruit, drinks and flowers during the entire length of our stay.
It never hurts to ask.The worst they can say is no.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: Covid Diamond , WNRewards, Motel Rewards, etc.
Originally Posted by general45
Contact the hotel manager directly by email and let him know that it's your honeymoon. I did this for my anniversary a couple of years ago and while I did not receive lounge access (hotel was full due to a convention) we did receive a city view room,complimentary champagne and pastries on our first night with a letter from the manager himself, and fruit, drinks and flowers during the entire length of our stay.
It never hurts to ask.The worst they can say is no.
General45, How did you contact the Hotel Manager Directly? the Hotel website did not give that option, as far as I could see.

Also, how far in advance did you initate contact?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: BA-Gold; Continental-Platinum; UA-Silver; Marriott-Silver; HHonors-Diamond; Avis-First;
As early as possible, but 3-4 days before you go, just reconfirm.

Originally Posted by The Glue
General45, How did you contact the Hotel Manager Directly? the Hotel website did not give that option, as far as I could see.

Also, how far in advance did you initate contact?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.