FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:32 pm
gbearbuck

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Awsome

We stayed at the cavalieri for five nights in late may. I've had my eye on this property for well over a decade and had very high expectations... the Cavalieri delivered, in fact my expectations were exceeded!

We booked a regular room and were upgraded to a city view room. The room was very large and well appointed (the auto shades were great for the morning sun.

We ate breakfast downstairs a couple of mornings... they were running a special if you prepaid for breakfast vouchers during the month of May (don't recall the price). The breakfast spread was very good.

The pool area was great (drinks were priced as expected).

Not far too from the resort (15 minute walk) is Da Luciano... it was so good we actually ate dinner twice during our stay.

Taxis are roughly 15-20 euro each way to the city (depending on where you go in the city). We found the shuttle to be busy and didn't use the shuttle service.

On a side note, we had some movie stars staying at the resort while we were there: mark wahlberg, kevin spacey, and (I forget the actress)... they were filming in Rome for an upcoming movie.

Wonderful spot. The distance away from the center of Rome was actually nice in our opinion. We will come back!