Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:29 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by dingo
You are a Diamond for 17 years; you may express disappointment with this property I believe.
I actually really like this property. During our previous stays were on the top floor which is now off limits without paying extra. If I recalled correctly, when they made the executive lounge Imperial, another lounge was added to become executive.
For me, the main reason I've wanted to remain Diamond is being able to use the benefits while outside the USA....a nice lounge to get a snack and a drink before the evening outing and a free breakfast in the morning. There is no way my wife would join me for a $25 breakfast when all she usually eats is a small bowl of fruit and a toasted muffin. So we will be staying elsewhere.

dingo, have you decided where you will stay?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I did and the stay is complete. In Rome, we stayed for three nights at the Westin. The primary driver was the location...walk out the hotel door and within easy walking distance. I booked on points and booked a large suite and was given an even larger one upon check in. Full breakfast complete with prosecco (great way to start a vacation day!). Then we stayed for four nights at the Gritti Palace in Venice. I'd looked at the Hilton there as well but, again, location was the deciding factor for me. Then we spent one night back in Rome at the Marriott Grand Flora. I'm a lifetime plat with Marriott and I've stayed at the Flora about a half dozen times so I think I can say: it was the absolute worst stay outside the US I've ever had and rivals the worst I've had in the US. Ultimately, I got a full refund (paid cash) for that last night.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Tomphot

I actually really like this property. During our previous stays were on the top floor which is now off limits without paying extra. If I recalled correctly, when they made the executive lounge Imperial, another lounge was added to become executive.
For me, the main reason I've wanted to remain Diamond is being able to use the benefits while outside the USA....a nice lounge to get a snack and a drink before the evening outing and a free breakfast in the morning. There is no way my wife would join me for a $25 breakfast when all she usually eats is a small bowl of fruit and a toasted muffin. So we will be staying elsewhere.

dingo, have you decided where you will stay?
They (W-As in general) should give breakfast as Diamond perk to W-A guests and lounge access, also in this case Imperial Lounge access, if the "normal" lounge disappeared.

Originally Posted by dingo
I did and the stay is complete. In Rome, we stayed for three nights at the Westin. The primary driver was the location...walk out the hotel door and within easy walking distance. I booked on points and booked a large suite and was given an even larger one upon check in. Full breakfast complete with prosecco (great way to start a vacation day!). Then we stayed for four nights at the Gritti Palace in Venice. I'd looked at the Hilton there as well but, again, location was the deciding factor for me. Then we spent one night back in Rome at the Marriott Grand Flora. I'm a lifetime plat with Marriott and I've stayed at the Flora about a half dozen times so I think I can say: it was the absolute worst stay outside the US I've ever had and rivals the worst I've had in the US. Ultimately, I got a full refund (paid cash) for that last night.
I estimated the Flora to be better than the Excelsior and am surprised. Maybe you want to review your stay in the Marriott Flora forum.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:56 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by submonte
They (W-As in general) should give breakfast as Diamond perk to W-A guests and lounge access, also in this case Imperial Lounge access, if the "normal" lounge disappeared.
T&C from HHonors site with regard to upgrades... (Excludes Napua Tower at Grand Wailea and Imperial Floor at Rome Cavalieri.)
Also, it appears that their is no executive floor or lounge at the Cavalieri.
It's been a number of years since my last stays at the Cavalieri, previously, I has always been upgraded to the Executive floor with lounge use - they then made the floor "Imperial" and have since removed ALL benefits for Diamonds it appears.
If I'm missing anything, please let me know, I really did like this property.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, USAir Chairman, Marriott Gold
12 year Diamond. Considering this hotel for a combined business/holiday trip in May 2017. Quite confused by the comments. One big draw is the 3* Michelin restaurant for a milestone birthday of my girlfriend. Getting tired of lacking lounge access at Hilton properties, just returned from Cologne Hilton, no lounge. Couple of years back, Paris Opera Hilton, lounge was under construction. A few other Hilton, same experience. Always enjoy the lounge for water and a snack at night especially when there are not convenience nearby. As a Diamond, when there is a lounge I would expect access included.

Don't feel like spending 150K points a night for Imperial. Can you do the 80K rate then pay upgrade to Imperial? As rates vary over time, what time in advance is best to get the best rate?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by dougm213
Don't feel like spending 150K points a night for Imperial. Can you do the 80K rate then pay upgrade to Imperial?
Can't answer all of your questions but should at least be able to answer this one:

No is the short answer. If you don't book a room on Imperial floor then you won't get access to upgrades on this floor or the lounge.

If I went back, personally I would book an imperial floor room to have the access to the lounge and nicer room upgrades.

A nice hotel but I would stay elsewhere after trying it once. Those that do like it, tend to love it.

Hope that helps, a great city in any case!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by dougm213
Don't feel like spending 150K points a night for Imperial. Can you do the 80K rate then pay upgrade to Imperial? As rates vary over time, what time in advance is best to get the best rate?
Paid upgrades are offered individually. You should contact the hotel. Imperial upgrade is around 300€ (based on the Diamond Reward rate 80.000 points).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:33 pm

Paid upgrades are offered individually. You should contact the hotel. Imperial upgrade is around 300€ (based on the Diamond Reward rate 80.000 points).
Staying in mid-Oct. Had a "custom upgrade" offer of 147/night. Signed up for it as I'm on points and hope it clears.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:35 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by sig05
Staying in mid-Oct. Had a "custom upgrade" offer of 147/night. Signed up for it as I'm on points and hope it clears.
Just to clarify, I think submonte was referring to a different upgrade path, meaning talking to the hotel directly or at check in asking and being given options to upgrade (guaranteed) to a room on imperial floor for additional cash.

The offer you mention 'custom upgrade' is the usual NOR1 option everyone has that the hotel can decide on check in whether to grant or not and is also for cash but is not guaranteed until check in (without any discussion with the hotel from your side after submitting it).

Both are valid ways to get to an imperial room (where offered) for extra cash but the first is guaranteed (and can be done beforehand via email/phone or at check in. The NOR1 option is generally going to be more of a try it and see approach rather than actively influencing the outcome like the first approach.

Hope that helps, (and hope you both enjoy your stays here, whatever rooms you get)
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:58 am

Just got checked in to the WA Rome. They upgraded me using the custom upgrade offer of 147 Euros/night that you can do through the app. Then, because I was upgraded to a King Deluxe Imperial, they further upgraded me to a Alcove Suite.

They take you to the Diamond check-in just off the left side of main front desk. Excellent experience thus far.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:38 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
5000 bonus points in Conrads and WA:s...
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...6MULTIBR7EN8i1
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by TTL
5000 bonus points in Conrads and WA:s...
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...6MULTIBR7EN8i1
Yes but this is the promotion that requires you to book a special rate which costs a fair bit more than the normal rate so it's not such a good one.
And of course doesn't work for award stays and point and cash stays.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
Just got checked in to the WA Rome. They upgraded me using the custom upgrade offer of 147 Euros/night that you can do through the app. Then, because I was upgraded to a King Deluxe Imperial, they further upgraded me to a Alcove Suite.

They take you to the Diamond check-in just off the left side of main front desk. Excellent experience thus far.
We check in Saturday for three nights, upgrade offer by hotel EUR 310 per night for triple room occupancy (from Diamond reward 80.000 HH points to Imperial Rome view). Looking forward. This is a dream hotel.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:30 pm

We check in Saturday for three nights, upgrade offer by hotel EUR 310 per night for triple room occupancy (from Diamond reward 80.000 HH points to Imperial Rome view). Looking forward. This is a dream hotel.
I agree; this is absolutely phenomenal property and by far my best WA to date. Did the same Diamond point redemption - was totally worth 147 euros/night.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Had a wonderful 2 night stay in this property 1 week ago. Booked the basic room and was upgraded to the Alcove suite. Suite was big and lovely and the toilet was packed with feraggamo toiletries.

Shuttle service was on time and never full. Paid for the breakfast and it was good enough.

This is definitely a lovely property, and it was a perfect end to my honeymoon in Italy.

Hopefully a return won't be too far away..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.