Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Easily one of my favorite hotels. Left Le Grand Paris Intercony, came here and was blown away. Im never going to stay at Le Grand anymore and I'm not going to renew my Ambassador pass. This hotel will be my new choice in Rome. The newly refurbished King Imperial Rome view is excellent!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
BTW, beware of those cabbies. Cabbie charged me 70 euros from the hotel to the airport. I told me i only paid 45 euros the first time from the airport but he pretended like he didnt understand English. The hotel concierge called the cab BTW...
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:27 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Just had 4 clients return from the property (stayed prior to a cruise) and absolutely loved it!

Booked the club rooms with city views and was further upgraded to suites...but they raved of the Rome city views! so make sure you book one with city views.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
We just came back after spending a weekend in Rome, and we absolutely loved this property.
We booked a King Deluxe Premium Rome view room and were assigned a room on the 6th floor. The room was spotless, very well maintained and the views were great. The property itself and its grounds are gorgeous. Our room was cleaned twice a day, toiletries were also replaced twice a day, and we got one big bottle of water on the first day and then they left 2 regular bottles every day.
We were given 2 coupons for the bar (which we almost forgot to use) and were offered to purchase breakfast coupons at the reduced rate of EUR 20 (which we did). I would definitely recommend using this offer, as breakfast was great. I was impressed with both the choice and freshness of food (they replenished everything quickly even close to the closure). They certainly did not buy the cheapest produce for the breakfast and even had Prosecco (which they also replenished quickly and often as there seemed to be many takers).
We had drinks at the bar on each night and enjoyed the live music and Italian wines (although mixed drinks were underwhelming). We only remembered that we had coupons before checkout so decided to have some sparkling wine before we set off for the airport.
The location was fine, and I think this is what made the views so great. We took taxis to/from the city (about EUR15 depending where one needs to be).
Overall, we had a great stay in a wonderful city. Can't think of anything to complain about; on the contrary, we encountered great staff and a very positive atmosphere.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Anyone book with Chase Points?

I have booked this beautiful property for last week of March through Chase Ultimate Rewards Points. As a Diamond, has anyone had a recent experience doing this? I had read a review someplace that someone had booked through a 3rd party (not Hilton) and the Diamond benefits were not extended. I emailed the hotel prior to booking and asked if they do extend Diamond benefits (most importantly, space available upgrade) and was told yes they do
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by jzafar
I have booked this beautiful property for last week of March through Chase Ultimate Rewards Points. As a Diamond, has anyone had a recent experience doing this? I had read a review someplace that someone had booked through a 3rd party (not Hilton) and the Diamond benefits were not extended. I emailed the hotel prior to booking and asked if they do extend Diamond benefits (most importantly, space available upgrade) and was told yes they do
Off topic I know, but see if you can do a cash upgrade to the Imperial Club. It's quite spectacular and was nice during our trip as the weather was cold and rainy. The hotel won't grant you a Diamond upgrade the Imperial Club BTW. It's very similar to the Ritz Club Level.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:31 pm

Imperial Lounge breakfast

I am considering paying the upgrade to Imperial Room but would like to know what is in the "refined breakfast" offered in the Imperial Lounge. I will have an 11 year old picky eater. Do they make eggs or have eggs there? Cereals? I am mostly interested for breakfast and evening offerings but do not want to pay for the lounge access and the kid then won't eat anything.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:45 pm

I am considering paying the upgrade to Imperial Room but would like to know what is in the "refined breakfast" offered in the Imperial Lounge. I will have an 11 year old picky eater. Do they make eggs or have eggs there? Cereals? I am mostly interested for breakfast and evening offerings but do not want to pay for the lounge access and the kid then won't eat anything.
See here - http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/02/18/imperial-room/

This is somewhat outdated but fairly accurate from what I remember our breakfast offerings were in October.

If I remember correctly, the eggs offered were both scrambled and hard boiled. Lots of meats and cheeses, several cereal offerings, oatmeal, and lots of bread. Evening offerings were plentiful but not filling. You can load up, but it's not an endless supply of options. Several guests just ordered room service to the Lounge when we were there. I didn't go to Rome to eat at the hotel, however, it was nice for quick snacks/drinks - we definitely made it worthwhile after touring or when we had tours during the day so we took food and drinks with us.

Edit - I stayed on points and did a custom upgrade (nor1 upgrade) of $147/night, which the hotel accepted. Was totally worth the cost for us as we had at least one meal and several drinks per day in the Lounge.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:58 pm

Sig05 - Thanks a lot for sharing this link!! It really helps!!

I have booked award stay and am reviewing the E-standby options. 126 euros for Imperial floor; 250 for Alcove Suite
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:09 pm

Sig05 - Thanks a lot for sharing this link!! It really helps!!

I have booked award stay and am reviewing the E-standby options. 126 euros for Imperial floor; 250 for Alcove Suite
I was am a hilton diamond and was upgraded to the Alcove Suite once they processed my upgrade to the Imperial Lounge. The Alcove Suite is huge; you'll enjoy it. Has a nice balcony for early morning coffee before starting your day.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:31 pm

I'm a diamond too. So I wonder if I have a good chance of being upgraded to the alcove suite too if I go for the imperial upgrade.

I am hoping last week of March is low season.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:17 pm

I'm a diamond too. So I wonder if I have a good chance of being upgraded to the alcove suite too if I go for the imperial upgrade.

I am hoping last week of March is low season.
They told me that by agreeing to an upgrade to the Imperial Lounge, I was eligible to be upgraded to the Alcove Suite - YMMV. Given how little it cost me per night, it was a no brainer towards the end of a long vacation.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:08 am

I called the Diamond desk to to inquire about the gone AXON awards and to see if they had anything new. They don't.

The rep mentioned there were only 4 Alcove suites left and a handful of deluxe rooms left too. I was quite surprised since this is for the last week of March. I thought more of the rush came in April. She mentioned there were some Vista Suites too. I doubt they upgrade to that.

I have signed up for the e-standby upgrade to the Imperial room to see if I can get that and possibly get upgraded to Alcove suite.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Alcove Suites are very large (a full second room and second balcony). But be mindful that if you get the Alcove Suite you give up the incredible views that are available on the Imperial Floor. If you pay to upgrade to a regular view Imperial Floor, technically a "Rome View" is an additional upgrade from there, which IME you will get as a Diamond if possible.

If you do a paid upgrade to an Imperial Rome View room, you may be offered an upgrade to an Alcove Suite, where you will keep access to the Imperial but almost certainly lose the view.

To be honest, if you get an Imperial Rome View, you're looking at one of the best views of Rome and Saint Peter's. You can't go wrong with that.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:17 pm

I thought the Alcove Suite was one large room with a larger than deluxe room seating area. I did not know it was a separate room.

I would rather have the extra room than the Rome view if I have to choose. We can always see the view from the Imperial Lounge.

Has anyone tried any of the facial or massage services?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.