Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
The best stay of my life!

Finally after long anticipation, I stayed at the Rome Cavalieri March 27th for 7 nights! We arrived at the hotel around 11 am. The luxurious smell welcomed us into the lobby. I really had no idea what to expect in terms of upgrading as a Diamond. I read so many mixed experiences. I went to the check-in desk and was immediately taken to the Diamond check-in room off to the side. Grand desk and chairs. They offered us beverages in champagne glasses and chocolates!I had booked a deluxe twin room through points. I was stunned to receive a complimentary upgrade to a Vista Suite! I don't know if this was a double upgrade?? I did receive the e-standby upgrade option for the Imperial Lounge at 126 Euros/night.

We got room 345. Yes, it was next to service room, but it was fine. The suite was ultra grand. It was one super large room. King size bed, seating area, long rectangular bathroom with separate tub & shower, bathrobes, slippers, more toiletries than I've seen at any hotel anywhere. So many lights in this room. Beautiful balcony view. We were on 3rd floor facing Rome. Better views available on higher floors but not complaining at all. We had a fabulous stay!

We went to the Imperial lounge and it is indeed very nice as others have written. They have timings for their food settings and rope it off as they are turning over to the next setting. Excellent service all the time. After 2 nights I did cancel access because we were out all day and were not availing it enough to merit even 126 Euros. I had checked out the restaurant's buffet and although the Diamond discount was 20 Euros per person, my 11 year old ate for free. The buffet is amazing! So many options - fruits, pastries galore, variety of juices and plenty of hot/cold entrees.

The spa was very relaxing, pool very cozy and workout room was top notch.

All the staff at this place was ready to help at any moment. Great attitude and really made us feel special. Very professional. We used concierge desk a couple times. They arranged a day tour to Pompeii and Amalfi Coast, made hair appointment for us at nearby salon and gave restaurant recommendations.

Lobby has a lounge which has a nice ambiance. Piano player at night. Had non alcoholic cocktails one night and it was 15 Euros per drink. Chic for sure but expensive.

Shuttle service easy to use. Drops you off walking distance to Spanish Steps/Trevi Fountain. We took cabs/uber back due to wherever we were and paid about 10-13 Euros.

I highly recommend this place. It was a superb use of the points getting the upgrade to the Vista Suite!!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by jzafar
Finally after long anticipation, I stayed at the Rome Cavalieri March 27th for 7 nights! We arrived at the hotel around 11 am. The luxurious smell welcomed us into the lobby. I really had no idea what to expect in terms of upgrading as a Diamond. I read so many mixed experiences. I went to the check-in desk and was immediately taken to the Diamond check-in room off to the side. Grand desk and chairs. They offered us beverages in champagne glasses and chocolates!I had booked a deluxe twin room through points. I was stunned to receive a complimentary upgrade to a Vista Suite! I don't know if this was a double upgrade?? I did receive the e-standby upgrade option for the Imperial Lounge at 126 Euros/night.

We got room 345. Yes, it was next to service room, but it was fine. The suite was ultra grand. It was one super large room. King size bed, seating area, long rectangular bathroom with separate tub & shower, bathrobes, slippers, more toiletries than I've seen at any hotel anywhere. So many lights in this room. Beautiful balcony view. We were on 3rd floor facing Rome. Better views available on higher floors but not complaining at all. We had a fabulous stay!

We went to the Imperial lounge and it is indeed very nice as others have written. They have timings for their food settings and rope it off as they are turning over to the next setting. Excellent service all the time. After 2 nights I did cancel access because we were out all day and were not availing it enough to merit even 126 Euros. I had checked out the restaurant's buffet and although the Diamond discount was 20 Euros per person, my 11 year old ate for free. The buffet is amazing! So many options - fruits, pastries galore, variety of juices and plenty of hot/cold entrees.

All the staff at this place was ready to help at any moment. Great attitude and really made us feel special. Very professional. We used concierge desk a couple times. They arranged a day tour to Pompeii and Amalfi Coast, made hair appointment for us at nearby salon and gave restaurant recommendations.

Lobby has a lounge which has a nice ambiance. Piano player at night. Had non alcoholic cocktails one night and it was 15 Euros per drink. Chic for sure but expensive.

Shuttle service easy to use. Drops you off walking distance to Spanish Steps/Trevi Fountain. We took cabs/uber back due to wherever we were and paid about 10-13 Euros.

I highly recommend this place. It was a superb use of the points getting the upgrade to the Vista Suite!!
^
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: Hilton DIA / SPG Gold / Hyatt Plat

Glad you had a nice stay !
Very interesting how much the service quality and diamond treatment differs between guests, our overall experience was way beyond Hilton average.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by heiniheini
booked king deluxe with breakfast as diamond member

arrived today early in the morning

No upgrade offered / Our room has same category as the confirmation

No early check offered. 3 pm. thats it.

We had paid breakfast for the arrival day ( normaly as diamond im invited for breakfast at early arrival )
No Service for 10 minutes
as we wanted to order some fresh made omlets with onions and herbs we first get told that its too busy and we should take the plain omlets from buffet by ourselfes in a unpolite way.

This is not how to be treated in a luxury waldorf chain hotel.

A least they delivered a bottle of prosecco and a handwritten apology in the evening

For me it will be one of the last hilton stays.

I have the impression points and status loosing its value from month to month.
Sorry about your experience! I was there the same week (March 27-April 3). My sister joined us on our trip and had booked her own room March 27th but they would only give her until April 1st since they said they were sold out after that. She had a twin deluxe. She has no status but booked through American Express fine hotels. They gave her a room and she called the front desk and said switch me to Rome view which they did. I did notice there was a big African wedding event going on later in the week and I believe a Jewish event as well. That may have been why no upgrade was available.

Regarding the breakfast, I did notice the waitstaff really wanted you to go for buffet and would bring coffee. Otherwise they always seemed to running around doing something. On our 3rd day after we dumped the Imperial Lounge, we went down for breakfast to join my sisters and got there about 10:45. The breakfast buffet ends at 11 AM but apparently they don't want to seat anyone after 10:30. The waiter looked spazzed when we showed up and said he could bring us a plate of croissants and cafe latte. That was fine for us. He gave them to us at no charge. I was very impressed. He did not have to do that.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton DIA / SPG Gold / Hyatt Plat
Sorry about your experience! I was there the same week (March 27-April 3). My sister joined us on our trip and had booked her own room March 27th but they would only give her until April 1st since they said they were sold out after that. She had a twin deluxe. She has no status but booked through American Express fine hotels. They gave her a room and she called the front desk and said switch me to Rome view which they did. I did notice there was a big African wedding event going on later in the week and I believe a Jewish event as well. That may have been why no upgrade was available.

Regarding the breakfast, I did notice the waitstaff really wanted you to go for buffet and would bring coffee. Otherwise they always seemed to running around doing something. On our 3rd day after we dumped the Imperial Lounge, we went down for breakfast to join my sisters and got there about 10:45. The breakfast buffet ends at 11 AM but apparently they don't want to seat anyone after 10:30. The waiter looked spazzed when we showed up and said he could bring us a plate of croissants and cafe latte. That was fine for us. He gave them to us at no charge. I was very impressed. He did not have to do that.
Funny how many flyer talker staying at the same time and have so huge difference in the service

Also we are very young ( for hh diamond ), and i was dressed very cassual at check in.

Maybe i just was lucky till now, because until this stay we always got upgraded at least one category, a early check-in was always possible.

Yeah there where other incidents to which are nogos.

Construction/Gardening machines/Renovation Noise after approx 07:00 am

At the indoor pool / gym the staff offensively gazed the whole time in at my girlfriend so much, that she didnt want to go there alone anymore... We never had that before. They tried to even when im with her . weird.

After a really bad feedback at Honors app the offered a refund of 42,00 € or 20k points which also seems like a bad joke in relation to the room rates up to 500usd a night.

Last edited by heiniheini; Apr 11, 2017 at 1:45 am
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Writing this from our room at the hotel! Service has been fantastic from the moment we entered, with attention to detail on par with the Broadmoor Hotel in COS IMO. We chose a "Family Room" which limited us and possibly ruined any upgrade chances, but with a family of four, the two bedroom two bath setup was all I needed. Communication with the hotel was fantastic prior to our arrival, in fact we even setup a sitter for the kids so that my wife and I could have a date night this evening via the hotel. I don't mind using a taxi back and forth as they are cheap, and a relatively short ride. The Restaurant 10 minutes walk away was very good, and don't laugh, but serves incredible cheeseburgers!

Alarm clock has two USB plugs, bathroom has a 120 volt plug, but my wife's straitener prefers the adapter and 220. There is a 220 American plug above the desk as well. Spa pool is nice, my kids use it daily. Outdoor pools aren't open for the season yet.

I am going to Rome at the end of September and am staying in a family room for 4 nights using around 160k points per night (seemed cheaper than getting two separate rooms), as we have 3 adults. Do you think the family room will accommodate 3 adults? The family rooms do not have imperial lounge access do they? I have been a Hilton Diamond member for about 10 years. I wish you could get upgraded to an imperial floor if you were diamond or free breakfast......Did you have issues with the shuttle being full in the mornings? I had this issue a few years ago when I was there!

Glad you had a nice trip!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:44 am

I think the family rooms will accomodate 4 adults since it is 2 rooms but best way to check is go on the Hilton website and put in the exact number of kids and adults and see if it comes up as an option.

They will not upgrade you to the Imperial lounge for free. Cheapest way to get in there without booking it directly is try for the E -standby upgrade which they offered me for 126 Euros per night.

I did not have any issues with shuttle to Rome..
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Cost to upgrade to Imperial floor?

Does anyone have recent experience on the current cost to upgrade to Imperial floor room from a standard room points award (80K)?

Specifically, do you just pay the daily lounge access fees and remain in your non-Imperial floor room, or do you pay and thus get a room on the Imperial floor? Would the cost be the same under each scenario?

Thanks all.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Does anyone have recent experience on the current cost to upgrade to Imperial floor room from a standard room points award (80K)?

Specifically, do you just pay the daily lounge access fees and remain in your non-Imperial floor room, or do you pay and thus get a room on the Imperial floor? Would the cost be the same under each scenario?

Thanks all.
The upgrade from 80K Diamond Standard room reward should be around €200 (Rome view) for double occupancy (I had €300 for triple and Rome view last Oct), but you have to ask the hotel, they will offer several options, w/ and w/o Rome view, Alcoven Suite and maybe others (I remember an offer for a Signature Suite also). The room we got was on Imperial Floor, I guess that is the way they always do it.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Thanks!

Originally Posted by submonte
The upgrade from 80K Diamond Standard room reward should be around €200 (Rome view) for double occupancy (I had €300 for triple and Rome view last Oct), but you have to ask the hotel, they will offer several options, w/ and w/o Rome view, Alcoven Suite and maybe others (I remember an offer for a Signature Suite also). The room we got was on Imperial Floor, I guess that is the way they always do it.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:26 pm

E-standby upgrade

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie

Thanks all.
You can pre-arrange an Imperial Lounge access room or check your reservation email and click E-standby. My award stay had an offering of 126 Euros if I clicked it through there. That means when you arrive, if there is availability, they will give you access. You can stay on any floor and still have lounge access. I was on 3rd floor. You get special rooms keys for access to the Imperial Lounge floor.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
So I'm a bit confused. I've booked a King Deluxe room with points

I read that there's a 20 euro charge for the spa and indoor pool, does that also apply to Gold members? Breakfast is 20 euro per pax?

And finally, if I upgrade to the Imperial Club room, is breakfast and spa then included?
Old May 4, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by milgom
So I'm a bit confused. I've booked a King Deluxe room with points

I read that there's a 20 euro charge for the spa and indoor pool, does that also apply to Gold members? Breakfast is 20 euro per pax?

And finally, if I upgrade to the Imperial Club room, is breakfast and spa then included?
yes
yes (special discount for Gold/Diamond)
no (breakfast in Imperial Lounge)
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: all of 'em
I am a Diamond, booked Deluxe room with points. I am considering the $126 euro Imperial upgrade-- mostly for the food. We will likely be lounging at the hotel after our hard days of touring-- so I am interested in the "dinner" options in the lounge. We don't need anything fancy, but is there enough to make dinner? Like would be at a regular executive lounge? There are two of us, so 40 euro for breakfast plus it looks like easily 100 euro for dinner at the on site restaurants (looks like like a salad + appetizer and soda is more than 50 euro a person, right)? In which case the Imperial Club is a better deal. But not if if i still have to buy dinner. Experience? thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Unless something has changed recently, plenty of food to make a dinner. No problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.