Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2003, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Does this hotel do any kind of suite upgrade on GLONP stays? After reading other posts here I'm concerned that 2 adults and 2 small kids (5 and 7) might not be allowed to share one room.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 5:26 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
For Diamonds, award stays are upgraded to executive level, not sure whether suites are possible.

As a Gold, in March of this year, there was not a problem in having our 10 year old son stay with my wife and I. I emailed in advance requesting a rollaway, and it was already in the room when we arrived.

You probably should contact the hotel directly, and inquire about having four in a room. They answer their email promptly, and are quite easy to work with. I have also had good success when calling them, no waiting being on hold, and English speaker almost always.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PaulGQ:
I had dialogue recently with the person on the other side of this address:

[email protected]

This is the reservation manager of the Hilton Cavaleiri
</font>
As of the end of August, the manager's name is Hans Taal at the above address.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 2:00 pm

Yes, still Hans Taal as of last week.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
I heard back from the hotel regarding restaurant reservations. It seems that their email was down for a few days.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 10:37 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
You will not be disappointed with La Pergola. Here is the menu for your reference.

Also, the shuttle schedule could be helpful in planning your visits to the city.

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map

[This message has been edited by Jet2K (edited 11-01-2003).]
Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We just returned from the Cavalieri Hilton. Not only were they perfectly happy to have four of us (two adults and two kids, 5 and 7) in one room, but they upgraded us to a king alcove suite and put in two rollaway beds.

I arranged this with the diamond desk (it was an award stay) and there was no problem at all.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 10:46 pm

need info about cavalieri

I know someone is going to tell me to do a search ..Which I already did,but most of this post are at least 6 months old...
My quiestion is Do Gold VIP get free breakfast?
Do we get upgrade to a better room at time to check in?
I s a good idea to email the hotel and tell them that your are showing up with a 18 months old baby and see if they can get you a crib..Thanks for the help.
And finally how is the weather since we will be arriving on Feb 16 2004 Thanks again
Old Jan 4, 2004, 3:25 am

We just returned from the Cavalieri last night on a reward stay over New Year's Eve.

Being a Diamond member, we were upgraded to the Executive Floor (but no "Plus"-Room, which means Rome view). The Executive lounge is the best I've seen ever world-wide. Food and drinks throughout the whole day, with a change of the set-up and food selection approx. 5 times per day, and not to mention about the fantastic view and nice interior. So don't miss this great lounge experience.

As far as I understood the upgrade to Executive Floor at the Cavalieri is only given to Diamond members, Golds are supposed to receive just the breakfast and no lounge access (however, it may work to show them the HHonors regulations for Golds). Upon placing my reservation via Hilton Worldwide Reservation, I asked the lady to put a remark with a request for an upgrade there (which is my usual approach to score an upgrade ratio of close to 100 % for Asia and Europe).

About the crib in your room, it should be no problem to request it at check-in.

Regarding the weather, it is typically rather mild there in winter (we had approx. 10 to 15 °C during the day), however, it can become very unpleasant as well in February.

Enjoy your stay at the Cavalieri, it's a wonderful hotel.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 11:24 pm

How can i access the lounge if i am only gold,can i pay to get access.
If that so ,How much it is.
And How do you get from the airport to the Hotel a send email to a couple of places that have been recomendend on my search of cavalieri,but so far no answer.Thanks for your help
Old Jan 4, 2004, 11:37 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Contact Hans Taal,Supervisor at [email protected]

http://www.cavalieri-hilton.it

They are very good about getting back to you with answers to any questions you might have.

Enjoy your trip, the Cavalieri is world class.....

------------------
Oracle Implementations .... Will Travel....
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:25 am

its 120 euro worth for executive lounge

I just got this quote for the access to the executive lounge in the Cavalieri in Rome,is it worth the money for 2 of us a 18 months old toddler what do you get for lunch,breakfast and dinner ..any info will be appreciatte.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
120 can get you a fine lunch for one at a 3 star restaurant in Europe...... With so many choices for food, why bother eating at the Exec Lounge?
Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:20 pm

The Executive Lounge is a place to relax and enjoy a quiet meal or drink. I'd suggest that it would be better for a toddler to take meals in a more family-oriented location, and not the exec lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:45 pm

Puntos68, I would say it depends on how many nights you are at the hotel. Is that 120 euro price the cost for your entire stay, or per night? If it is per night, than I totally agree with the above posts and that you should not use the lounge, but rather go explore Rome and find some of their many many wonderful eateries. You can easily find inexpensive eating in Rome if saving money is your concern.

If on the other hand, the 120 euro is the total cost for your entire stay, and you are there for many nights, you might save some money by eating in the lounge. However, it still might not be such a great idea for a few reasons. Firstly, you have a young child, and like the previous person said, a small child in the lounge may disturb others. Maybe your child is a perfectly behaved angel, I don't know. But generally, it is not a good idea to bring a small child (unless they are extremely well behaved) to the exec. lounge which is considered a retreat for executives, in my opinion.

Secondly, you'll be in one of the great cities of the world with many wonderful eating options that you can't necessarily find elsewhere. You've traveled all that way, why not experience the sights, sounds, aromas and delicacies that Rome has to offer rather than stay cooped up in the hotel eating the same food at the same place every day for every meal. Could get dull quite fast, and you'd be missing out on a great opportunity to experience more of Rome. Is it really worth saving the money, probably not. I hope this helps you with your decision. Have a great trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.