Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by wizla
YEP, I. Got called bonkers for preferring bankside over Conrad last year ( check the Conrad thread ) ....... it's simply a better hotel, some may not agree but I liked it better.
I remember those discussions, I was right behind you! I see the appeal with Conrad, it is more "luxurious" and its name carries some weight...but for overall service, executive lounge offering and style - Bankside wins hands down.

Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
Will be there this month too! Very excited for my stay.
I'm hoping to find another reason to come back again later this month! Can't get enough of the hotel... on my way down to London from Manchester already!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Recent stays at both hotels - Bankside Lounge blew Conrad Lounge out of the water

Bankside -
Friendly staff , attentive and efficient
Afternoon tea made for you and brought to your table
Choice of 5 cakes
Evening drinks made for you and brought to your table
King prawns, Smoked salmon, Chicken pieces, lovely.
Fantasticlly well run Lounge

Conrad -
Grumpy staff, can't be bothered attitude
Afternoon tea was a joke we didn't like the loose tea leaves available so asked for teabags
Was told none available and if we want teabags we should take tea in our room
When I said we would like tea in the lounge told to go back to room and get the tea bags and then come back !
No tea spoons available and we had to stir our tea with a straw
Only 2 choices of cakes , scones and crime brûlée
Tea pots on shelf not washed or even emptied properly with dirty brown tea leaf water residue inside
Evening drinks Gin bottle was empty when we arrived, I asked for a new bottle and was told it would be around half an hour and it was....
No hot evening food available now you get a silver stand with a few cold canapes
1 square of Ravioli, i cube of chicken, 3 tiny prawns on lettuce it was awful.

Breakfast was really good in Blue Boar waitress named Anita was fantastic.
Conrad St James was one of the best breakfast experiences we have ever had but saying that Bankside breakfast is also very good.

Last edited by PaulH1; Mar 5, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:27 am

Had my stay on Sunday night...great stay again! The staff seem to all remember me now, which adds a bit of a personal feel! Need to ask them to stop calling me Mr though, feel like my dad...!

Next stay, 2 nights starting tonight (couldn't stay away)
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm glad to hear all of the continued positive reviews, as I booked my family to stay at the Bankside during our holidays in April. Does anyone know what the current lounge hours are in the afternoons/evenings? Since the lounge sounds so nice, I want to make sure we plan our time such that we can take advantage of it as much as possible.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
Had my stay on Sunday night...great stay again! The staff seem to all remember me now, which adds a bit of a personal feel! Need to ask them to stop calling me Mr though, feel like my dad...!

Next stay, 2 nights starting tonight (couldn't stay away)
ohhhh keep us updated on next stay. Be there next week. Counting down the days.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Afternoon tea is 3pm to 5pm and evening drinks / snacks is 5.30pm to 8pm. I believe lounge closes at 10pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PaulH1
Afternoon tea is 3pm to 5pm and evening drinks / snacks is 5.30pm to 8pm. I believe lounge closes at 10pm
thanks much!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:51 am

Another amazing stay at Bankside! Really love this place. Only had a Deluxe room upgrade (booked very late and mid-week, so understandable!) but still a good room.

Executive lounge staff - I absolutely love them. On a first name basis with most of them now, even get a few cheeky hugs from 2 of them!

Hopefully back next week Monday - Wednesday (if the rates drop), if not definitely on Thursday! Looking forward to another visit already.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:12 pm

If anyone has experience to compare, how would a king exec at Bankside compare to the king City Suite at Doubletree Tower Bridge? (For a tourist trip)
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Been assigned a king suite at OLCI so I'd say things are off to a brilliant start. Looking forward to my stay.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by delinquentwoody
If anyone has experience to compare, how would a king exec at Bankside compare to the king City Suite at Doubletree Tower Bridge? (For a tourist trip)
In terms of rooms, you could argue either way. The DT suites are probably a little bit more spacious and you could potentially have a very nice view from the DT. In terms of the overall hotel, Bankside every time though.

I suggest that a lot depends on how much time you think you will spend in the room. If a reasonable amount of time, the space and layout at the DT may suit you better.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:11 am

Back from a great stay here at the weekend with the family.

We had a bit of an issue with Hilton IT, as I had paid points (at a reasonable 11k per night) to upgrade the room to a King Suite. The day before arrival was showing a King Deluxe. After a few calls with the hotel, they managed to free up a King Suite and they picked up with Honors. It looks like Honors deducted the points a couple of weeks before, but the system didn't connect to the hotel system and change the room. I'm just glad that the hotel could sort this, as I would probably be in an on-going loop with Honors to get the points back had it not been sorted.

Overall stay was brilliant and they really looked after us all, with even some special toiletries, mini-slippers and bathrobe for our 2 year old. Staff were all extremely friendly, with many of them interacting with our daughter and calling her by name when they saw her.

The lounge is great and was pretty quiet during afternoon tea on both days we were there. We had breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge as we prefer a broader selection and again, were not disappointed.

Although the location isn't in a majory tourist area, it is easy enough to walk or use public transport to get to around. There are not too many parts of London where you have bus, tube, train and boat available within a 5 minute walk, so connections are good.

We will definitely return for another family weekend away here. It is a very well run and well designed hotel.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:53 am

Stay a fair bit and i think it has visibly gone down . they have just had a big staff change and not for the better. really rude today at check in.

conrad is pants at the moment though so bankside is still better.

And no gummy bears or snickers, red bull etc in the fridge- just coke and water.

Last edited by Barnaby100; Mar 15, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:36 am

Had the full set in the fridge this weekend. Are they restricting it by room type or member level?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Had the full set in the fridge this weekend. Are they restricting it by room type or member level?
Maybe- but never had a fridge like it before. Diamond so always get a full mini bar. The min bar is there but empty.

Plus side sweets instead of the more recent 3 satsuma/apple/strawberry offering

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.