Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by RAPC
Had the full set in the fridge this weekend. Are they restricting it by room type or member level?
I have noticed lately that they have begun restricting by room type, i.e. King Guest and Deluxe only have a set amount of things, and as you go up it increases. So does the quality of what you receive.

Nothing wrong with that in my books, pay for a better room get better freebies. Its still a free mini bar!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
I was upgraded to a king suite and can report a mini bar chock full of peanuts, gummy bears, snickers, Cadbury chocolate, and different types of drinks. Will update more on stay as it progresses.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Back at Hilton Bankside for the weekend and what a great hotel this is.
Swiftly approached by doorman who offered to help with our luggage.
Upgraded to our preferred room at checkin without asking
I left a shirt in wardrobe last week which has already been returned to me
Guest relations manageress saw us in lobby and came over to say hello.
Executive lounge still providing personal table service with a smile
Just used Gym and had a swim in the lovely warm pool
Afternoon tea with choice of 6 styles of cakes
Only been checked in for 4 hours and already feeling very relaxed, loving it
Wish all Hiltons were run like this one

Last edited by PaulH1; Mar 17, 2017 at 9:28 am
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by PaulH1
Back at Hilton Bankside for the weekend and what a great hotel this is.
Swiftly approached by doorman who offered to help with our luggage.
Upgraded to our preferred room at checkin without asking
I left a shirt in wardrobe last week which has already been returned to me
Guest relations manageress saw us in lobby and came over to say hello.
Executive lounge still providing personal table service with a smile
Just used Gym and had a swim in the lovely warm pool
Afternoon tea with choice of 6 styles of cakes
Only been checked in for 4 hours and already feeling very relaxed, loving it
Wish all Hiltons were run like this one
Just missed you! Checked out this afternoon.

I had an absolutely brilliant stay. As someone who mainly uses Tower Bridge and the Conrad, I was absolutely blown away. I used to think Conrad was my favourite but am having to start to re-evaluate that hahaha. We were upgraded from a standard king to a one bedroom suite. Service was flawless from start to finish. Everyone we interacted with were fabulous. My bf made excellent use of the gym and loved it. The executive lounge is hands down the best one in London IMHO. We used the restaurant every morning for breakfast and loved it. I was pleased to see they offer the same granola they have at Conrad. We enjoyed some gin tonics at The Distillery as well. This stay was stress free, relaxing, and lovely from start to finish. Staff could not do enough for us and bent over backwards for us. This will be our new go-to property in the capital. Already missing this place. I am just sad that I had not booked a stay sooner.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay
We may try breakfast in the lounge tomorrow as we've always had breakfast in the restaurant
Staff are great here and the place is really well run
Hats off to the management
Lounge is very busy tonight, the busiest I have known it.
I think too many people are reading our posts !
A few Gin and Tonics and some prawns then off to see Omar and Courtney Pine at the Barbican.
Hard Life !

Last edited by PaulH1; Mar 17, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
Just missed you! Checked out this afternoon.

I had an absolutely brilliant stay. As someone who mainly uses Tower Bridge and the Conrad, I was absolutely blown away. I used to think Conrad was my favourite but am having to start to re-evaluate that hahaha. We were upgraded from a standard king to a one bedroom suite. Service was flawless from start to finish. Everyone we interacted with were fabulous. My bf made excellent use of the gym and loved it. The executive lounge is hands down the best one in London IMHO. We used the restaurant every morning for breakfast and loved it. I was pleased to see they offer the same granola they have at Conrad. We enjoyed some gin tonics at The Distillery as well. This stay was stress free, relaxing, and lovely from start to finish. Staff could not do enough for us and bent over backwards for us. This will be our new go-to property in the capital. Already missing this place. I am just sad that I had not booked a stay sooner.
I was probably around when you were! Only had the one night this week (Thursday) but another great stay. Was upgraded to a King Deluxe for the first time, gorgeous suites. Conrad used to be my favourite too, hope your stay is converting you to the Dark (Bank) side!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
Marvellous hotel. Great service, excellent food, lounge snacks are great. Staff, from top to bottom, were friendly. Everyone has a smile. Best pillows I've had in a hotel in ages.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:03 pm

New Spa opened at Bankside Hilton

Just read that the Hilton Bankside has opened a spa... read about it here

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/2485...pa-facilities/

Also a quick Google search for the spa brings up an interesting website under construction where all treatments are currently available to buy free of charge!

http://www.shopspatoyou.com/hilton-b...es-gift-cards/

(I bought a couple of the freebies and will see what happens when I stay here in a few weeks lol...I doubt they will be honoured but you never know!!)
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: DL, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Agree with all of the rave reviews for this hotel as a top contender for London. Recent stay as Gold. Warm welcome by doorman when we arrived at 10am from USA flight. Check-In staff was great. They indicated upgrade from basic to Executive room with Lounge access. However room wasn't available. After a few minutes of searching, found another similar room available for immediate checkin. Gave me a card with her name and said to call once we entered the room if not 100% satisfied and she would find another room and send bellman up to help move our luggage. Lounge and Breakfast staff were very good. Wish we had a longer stay!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:26 am
cjd

Originally Posted by delinquentwoody
Just read that the Hilton Bankside has opened a spa... read about it here

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/2485...pa-facilities/

Also a quick Google search for the spa brings up an interesting website under construction where all treatments are currently available to buy free of charge!

http://www.shopspatoyou.com/hilton-b...es-gift-cards/

(I bought a couple of the freebies and will see what happens when I stay here in a few weeks lol...I doubt they will be honoured but you never know!!)
All sold out now. Good luck, you may be lucky!! Shame the gift cards weren't free. Enjoy your stay. It's a great hotel as can be seen from nearly every thread on here. Looking forward to returning.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Favorite restaurants near the Bankside

Hi all-
I'll be staying at the Bankside this coming weekend with my family. After all of the very positive comments recently about the property, I'm very excited to check it out. When travelling with kids, it can be helpful to have some dining options close to the hotel. I've never stayed in this part of London before, so am unfamiliar with the food options (except for Borough Market). I'd appreciate hearing about favorite eating spots within a reasonable (~15 min) walk of the Bankside. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hi all-
I'll be staying at the Bankside this coming weekend with my family. After all of the very positive comments recently about the property, I'm very excited to check it out. When travelling with kids, it can be helpful to have some dining options close to the hotel. I've never stayed in this part of London before, so am unfamiliar with the food options (except for Borough Market). I'd appreciate hearing about favorite eating spots within a reasonable (~15 min) walk of the Bankside. Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure about good places to eat, however DONT go to the mercure hotel down the road, awful! And apparently according to tripadvisor still is......just a heads up.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
I'm not sure about good places to eat, however DONT go to the mercure hotel down the road, awful! And apparently according to tripadvisor still is......just a heads up.
Actually thinking about it there are some places near the globe theatre ( 10 min walk ) towards the river, have a look on google maps, I swear by this when traveling to unfamiliar places.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:18 pm

Oxbo on Great Suffolk St is nice, especially for Sunday lunch and Camino on Canvey St is also nice.

Agree with Wizla - avoid MPW in the Mercure round the corner. In fact avoid the Mercure full stop- nice hotel and refurbished to a high standard but let down by management.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by chrism20
Oxbo on Great Suffolk St is nice, especially for Sunday lunch
Part of the Hilton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.