Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Great review - as usual - BotB ^

Thanks for the great review - you're the man for a top-drawer photographic run-down, no doubt!

I love the look of that suite, and am always very happy in Bankside, so would love to try it sometime ... and it would be a steal at £350-ish, but I couldn't bring myself to pay £600.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:28 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Superb review (as always) - thanks for posting. Would definitely book this if there for two nights or more & wanted/needed the space for entertaining/hosting small get-togethers. In fact that gives me an idea @:-) if at the sub £500/night rate, even better ^
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Wow! Just wow! Excellent review. Thank you for sharing.^
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
No bin in the kitchen area though! I have stayed in the room a few times. It is great value. We have a few more nights booked in the penthouse suite this year.

I spend more nights at the Bankside than in my own bed at home- lovely hotel.

We have never been upgraded to it even when booked another suite and I know it has been empty.
Good point, indeed no bin in the kitchen, thanks for mentioning it. ^

Also good to know that it appears no upgrades to the penthouse. Mixed feelings about that but in the end it does mean that the room does not get used very much and therefore remains special and in good condition. ^

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, very much appreciated. Hoping you all get to try it out yourselves and can find a rate below £ 500. If it helps, when I searched for single night stays (about a week out and during the summer sale) it came up as £ 346 IIRC for a Friday night and £ 519 for the Saturday night. I did search using 2 people just in case the summer sale rate doesn't kick in otherwise (the sale stipulates two people but may not make a difference).

Also, I should state here, just in case any Hilton employees are reading this: It is great to see the new modern but individual styles that are being applied to new Hilton chain hotels in the UK and that they are going away from the cookie cutter (anyhotel.com) look. The chain has some great benefits but it is good to see each hotel having something unique and individual about it (Bankside, Bournemouth, Ageas to name three...) Please do keep this up! ^
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Good point, indeed no bin in the kitchen, thanks for mentioning it. ^

Also good to know that it appears no upgrades to the penthouse. Mixed feelings about that but in the end it does mean that the room does not get used very much and therefore remains special and in good condition. ^

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, very much appreciated. Hoping you all get to try it out yourselves and can find a rate below £ 500. If it helps, when I searched for single night stays (about a week out and during the summer sale) it came up as £ 346 IIRC for a Friday night and £ 519 for the Saturday night. I did search using 2 people just in case the summer sale rate doesn't kick in otherwise (the sale stipulates two people but may not make a difference).

Also, I should state here, just in case any Hilton employees are reading this: It is great to see the new modern but individual styles that are being applied to new Hilton chain hotels in the UK and that they are going away from the cookie cutter (anyhotel.com) look. The chain has some great benefits but it is good to see each hotel having something unique and individual about it (Bankside, Bournemouth, Ageas to name three...) Please do keep this up! ^
Many thanks for taking the time to post and upload photos - very much appreciated and kudos to you from this and no doubt many others here !
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just booked a stay here for Friday night, seemed a last minute bargain for £119 in the Summer Sale, although I see the rate has now shot up to £155.

Very much looking forward to it after all the positive reports on here. What time does the lounge serve drinks from?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
The lowest rate I ever seen at Bankside is £119 so you got a very good rate and i would of booked it myself for this Friday if i had seen it, i have been keeping my eye on the weekend rates but is has been between £134 and £150 ish. Enjoy your stay.

Last edited by PaulH1; Jul 18, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Hotel is more Andaz than Hilton. Breakfast is very Hilton in that always mediocre why am I eating here kind of a way.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Hotel is more Andaz than Hilton. Breakfast is very Hilton in that always mediocre why am I eating here kind of a way.
A lot of FT folk have commented favourably on breakfast at this hotel - including me. I honestly believe it to be a cut above many Hilton breakfasts though, of course, we each bring a personal perspective and YMMV...
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I agree the breakfast at Bankside is extremely good in my opinion. I have stayed in hundreds of Hiltons and Banksides breakfast is in my top 5.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by Gomac
Just booked a stay here for Friday night, seemed a last minute bargain for £119 in the Summer Sale, although I see the rate has now shot up to £155.

Very much looking forward to it after all the positive reports on here. What time does the lounge serve drinks from?
When I was there last Friday drinks were 5.30-8, and food was 5.30-7.30. I was particularly impressed at the massive plate of smoked salmon in the evening. Got an amazing upgrade to a one bedroom deluxe suite, so will certainly be returning to this hotel. The staff really seemed to be trying hard.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by templar42
When I was there last Friday drinks were 5.30-8, and food was 5.30-7.30. I was particularly impressed at the massive plate of smoked salmon in the evening. Got an amazing upgrade to a one bedroom deluxe suite, so will certainly be returning to this hotel. The staff really seemed to be trying hard.
Great, thanks templar42
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by templar42
I know it's been said before but the granola at breakfast is " off the scale " amazing.....definitely the best I've ever tasted!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
I agree with you that the breakfast is mediocre (then again, the Conrad UK was better but still not that great. Maybe it's a UK thing?)

Commercial juices, unripe fruit, wierd tasting eggs, not much variety of hot food. The service is slow and forgetful too.

i only remembered the cheese being tasty.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:50 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I will be there this week-end. How well equipped is the gym and fitness center ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.