Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Looking forward to your review Wizla, see if you can get a hello and smile from one of those new girls in the lounge!
Haha, challenge accepted ( will let you know 😉 ) ............ yep, looking forward to staying here, originally book my usual Waldorf but fancied a change......will see.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by wizla

Haha, challenge accepted ( will let you know �� ) ............ yep, looking forward to staying here, originally book my usual Waldorf but fancied a change......will see.
Arrived 11am, bit of a faff checking in, didn't get room selected via OLCI but nice room none the less.......booked twin guest, upgraded to twin deluxe as hotel is fully booked......room is spotless and beds comfy, 3rd floor so no view as such but seems quiet........popped to lounge for coffee before going for a wander along the Thames......got back at 3-30 pm, went straight to lounge for afternoon tea.
SANDWICHES- ham and mustard & veggie pittas........salmon moose on baguette slices too

CAKES - scones , jam and cream........ various finger cakes....to many to mention

A great selection and very tasty..........went for swim and relaxing jacuzzi.....was nice but I do miss the sauna, however it's a great pool but very cold ( I like that personally).
i will upload some pho when I get time........now gonna shower and shave then get to lounge..... will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Mar 24, 2018 at 12:21 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:02 pm

Arrived 11am, bit of a faff checking in, didn't get room selected via OLCI but nice room none the less.......booked twin guest, upgraded to twin deluxe as hotel is fully booked......room is spotless and beds comfy, 3rd floor so no view as such but seems quiet........popped to lounge for coffee before going for a wander along the Thames......got back at 3-30 pm, went straight to lounge for afternoon tea.
SANDWICHES- ham and mustard & veggie pittas........shame me salmon moose on baguette slices too

CAKES - scones , jam and cream........ various finger cakes....to many to mention

A great selection and very tasty..........went for swim and relaxing jacuzzi.....was nice but I do miss the sauna, however it's a great pool but very cold ( I like that personally).
i will upload some pho when I get time........now gonna shower and shave then get to lounge..... will report back!
.......Now in lounge, got to say it's pretty amazing!....... sitting chatting to fellow FTer ozzy, who is staying here on business and my friend who is traveling with me...... really nice vibe, lounge half full and considering hotel is fully booked, great canapés, great service....... not much else to say really.......perfection!

BEERS - peroni

WINE - red , white and a great prosseco.

CANAPES - cold meats , crudités. Prawns and salad.........place bites, chopped sausages cheeseboard with crackers ( no grapes but quince instead)

SPIRITS - Jonnie walker whisky, jack Daniels, gin and vodka.

will report back!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

.......Now in lounge, got to say it's pretty amazing!....... sitting chatting to fellow FTer ozzy, who is staying here on business and my friend who is traveling with me...... really nice vibe, lounge half full and considering hotel is fully booked, great canapés, great service....... not much else to say really.......perfection!

BEERS - peroni

WINE - red , white and a great prosseco.

CANAPES - cold meats , crudités. Prawns and salad.........place bites, chopped sausages cheeseboard with crackers ( no grapes but quince instead)

SPIRITS - Jonnie walker whisky, jack Daniels, gin and vodka.

will report back!
Glad you're having a good stay wizla, ^ I've bolded some of your post above...which (in a bit of humour) explains why it's amazing The prosecco stocks will take a hit tonight!

Enjoy, look forward to the breakfast review! Safe travels.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Glad you're having a good stay wizla, ^ I've bolded some of your post above...which (in a bit of humour) explains why it's amazing The prosecco stocks will take a hit tonight!

Enjoy, look forward to the breakfast review! Safe travels.
ha, thanks mate......yes the prosseco did get a hiding last night but what a great lounge!........very hungover this morning.

we left the lounge around 9/30pm to go to the comedy store and catch the late show, this is a great night out!......very funny.........returned around 2am......bed very comfy I slept well but it was alcohol induced......was going to use gym but I'm thinking now just a swim perhaps.
im really looking forward to breakfast and the amazing granola!.......was tempted when I went to lounge just now to get a take away coffee.
@ ozzy - it was great to meet you last night, very interesting conversation and we enjoyed hearing about your travels .......great times!.
swim , breakfast........will report back!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:44 am

ha, thanks mate......yes the prosseco did get a hiding last night but what a great lounge!........very hungover this morning.

we left the lounge around 9/30pm to go to the comedy store and catch the late show, this is a great night out!......very funny.........returned around 2am......bed very comfy I slept well but it was alcohol induced......was going to use gym but I'm thinking now just a swim perhaps.
im really looking forward to breakfast and the amazing granola!.......was tempted when I went to lounge just now to get a take away coffee.
@ ozzy - it was great to meet you last night, very interesting conversation and we enjoyed hearing about your travels .......great times!.
swim , breakfast........will report back!
....... pool empty, bliss!........ nice area, shame no sauna....also pool very cold, I like that personally but ymmv.
breakfast was really nice, unfortunately I only managed the amazing granola and a coffee.....I'm too hungover to face it.......going to have a walk along Thames to clear my head......will report back!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D

....... pool empty, bliss!........ nice area, shame no sauna....also pool very cold, I like that personally but ymmv.
breakfast was really nice, unfortunately I only managed the amazing granola and a coffee.....I'm too hungover to face it.......going to have a walk along Thames to clear my head......will report back!

pleased to hear you managed the granola, at least, wizla - it is criminal to miss it! And I trust you managed to enrich it with some of that luxurious Loseley's yoghurt (caramelised pear and toffee, perhaps?) and some pear compote? It's basically a pudding at 9am!

I'm not back in Bankside for another 4 weeks, but looking forward to that granola already...
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:56 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
pleased to hear you managed the granola, at least, wizla - it is criminal to miss it! And I trust you managed to enrich it with some of that luxurious Loseley's yoghurt (caramelised pear and toffee, perhaps?) and some pear compote? It's basically a pudding at 9am!

I'm not back in Bankside for another 4 weeks, but looking forward to that granola already...
Hope you're feeling better wizla...go easy tonight mate!

Love the Loseley yoghurts diamond club freeloader, always have them where staying here or the Bournemouth Hilton...very rich but ooh so good. ^

Looking forward to our stay here next weekend...hoping wizla has left some of the prosecco for us!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader

I have a trip to London coming up, and am on the verge of booking this hotel because of your ranting about the granola!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:05 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, made me smile......... ironically that is exacly what I had, bowl of granola and that yogurt, along with some pomegranate and cherry juice ( will upload some pics later ) .
I'm now home, thought I better leave it until this afternoon before I drove due to the alcohol consumed last night......... I checked out at noon and after the walk the concierge was happy to collect my car ( £40 for valet park ) ...........

CONCLUSION - yep , my new favourite!.......it really was that good and I think I prefer it to the Waldorf, if I was being picky the shower did flood the floor a little and there was no tissues in the room , however I mentioned it to staff whilst passing through lobby and some towels and tissues was sent up.............. did not see any baileys in the lounge and the cheese selection was just Brie or rougort but again that's being picky.
I loved the decor and design, the breakfast looked great , obviously the granola is the best I've ever tasted @ points scrounger it's the " honey roast " one you want.
The service was very good indeed, many times I was approached and asked if all was good and if I needed anything just ask.......@ winniesbestfriend - I managed to make them smile last night but the crew on this morning were quiet.
the room ( twin deluxe) was great, not huge but very well designed......monsoon shower was great too......complimentary drinks in mini bar ( 2 water 1 coke 1 orange juice).
All good....loved it!

ROOM NO - 320

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton London metropole ( 2/4/18 )
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:13 pm

A few pics I took for you guys -
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:19 pm

And a few more -

Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond

Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
I'm so pleased you enjoyed yourself Wizla even though you had to pay for it today lol.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Alright, so I do rant a bit about the Bankside granola.

And, I know it's not a competition, but I think that assembling the granola with some creamy yoghurt and assorted fruit compotes is the way to play it. So I suppose I'm putting it out there wizla that I think I do the granola better! And, for anyone who hasn't had it, this up-close shot might help give a 2-D impression of what the hype is about (but clearly it needs to be tasted to appreciate perfection in flavour and texture).

So, BotB, you're an excellent photographer and I make no pretence to have any photography skills ... but I've thrown down the gauntlet here - come up with a more tantalising image of a granola ensemble when you're there next weekend

We could start a granola-envy competition yet...

Happy chomping!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.