Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by wizla
...now off to breakfast and the granola challenge, be afraid botb!......be very afraid 😳. ...
...Will report back tonight when I get home and post photos as I'm going to be busy this afternoon ...
The world awaits !
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
........ great night in the lounge, my lady and I went to tibits restaurant ( my mother chose to retire) which is a 2 min walk from hotel......I can really recommend this as not only is the food amazing but its buffet style so after having the lounge canapés only small portions are required and also keeps price down....... the whole bill came to £22 for two plates of food and tap water.
Got back to hotel early at 10pm and was asleep by 10-30........ very comfy bed .
Early to bed means early to rise so this morning I will hit the gym , hopefully get a quick swim in and then to breakfast ( I haven't forgotten about the granola challenge! ) .
Did pop down to the lounge to grab a coffee just now and it's empty but was 6-15am, then remembered I have a coffee machine in my room.....doh!.
Forgot to mention, during happy hour I popped to front desk to ask for a 2pm check out for today,.... " no problem sir - consider it done! " ...... both rooms now 2pm check out!....... BONUS!
This place continues to impress!.........will report back!
I think I saw you in the lounge in the corner (and also in the lift!). Didn't want to disturb though! Lounge wasn't too busy last night, it was quite nice in the end. Another brilliant stay!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
I think I saw you in the lounge in the corner (and also in the lift!). Didn't want to disturb though! Lounge wasn't too busy last night, it was quite nice in the end. Another brilliant stay!
Hey, it would have been good to meet you!....yes in the corner by entrance, I must have hit my head on those hanging lights about five times......it would have been good to put a face to a name....I enjoy your reports too.

I think I can say this was one if not the best Hilton stay I've ever had, absolutely no issues at all and a very nice upgrade, the afternoon tea at the ritz was splendid and my mother enjoyed the whole event.....we got back to the hotel at 5-15pm and concierge went and fetched my car , the luggage was already loaded and we were on our way, driving out of London was surprisingly quiet considering it was rush hour, I'm now home......I will upload some room photos tomorrow ( I'm too tired tonight) and of course the granola pic.......much fun!.

CONCLUSION - as above

ROOM NO- 718 & 719 ( king suite )

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Leicester ( 27/5/18 )

Last edited by wizla; Apr 3, 2018 at 2:24 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:25 am

Ahem........botb, I believe you have a picture to upload ?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Ahem........botb, I believe you have a picture to upload ?
ahem, I believe we both have a picture to upload wizla...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by BotB
ahem, I believe we both have a picture to upload wizla...
ahh, I see you play with the cards close to your chest!.........wise strategy my friend, wise strategy.....however let's see what our official judge thinks -

DCFL....... myself first with Tuesdays entry, or botb first with Saturdays entry?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:39 am

The great bankside granola-off

Now, gentlemen, you both have some uploading to be getting on with... It doesn't matter who goes first!

Might I suggest some terms of engagement?
1. Only one photo each
2. FT Followers of the thread please vote for your preferred granola-based assembly using the 'like' post function
3. We'll set a cut-off time of 0900hrs BST tomorrow to count the votes and declare a winner. In the unlikely event of a tie, I will cast my vote (otherwise, I'll not vote)

I trust that you can both handle the pressure. I have found this a very very exciting spectator sport indeed. Three underwear changes already - just since this morning ...

Best of luck.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:55 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Team Granola King

Okay, some scene setting:

Are you sitting comfortably? Good, put on some good background music and dim the lights a bit...

Now...In this corner, Team Granola King. I wanted the viewers to be able to anticipate what would come of the creation and so first placed some pine nuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries as the base, then I liberally (but carefully) folded in the main ingredient "house Granola" , next I added a large dollop of greek yoghurt on top. Add a diced banana and some light yoghurt to mix in (shown to the side) and finish with the dessert yoghurt shown to the back.

Anticipation being 9/10ths I hope this will make others want to try the granola and make their own creation.

May the best granola win...

Best of the Best Granola...(click like!)
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:52 am

Easter simplicity @ Hilton Bankside

Here we have " Easter simplicity " , it keeps to the "less is more " artful concept of a celebration of Easter, containing honey roast Bankside granola with red berries served in a chocolate shell, with a side of peaches and jersey cream yogurt.
One may notice the broken shell, this is to reflect that we are all fragile in a sometimes harsh world and it is good to indulge in the festive of good food.

Many thanks....... vote wise - vote wizla!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
You guys are making me hungry! It's a good thing that I'm too far from London to just drop in, or I'd have to schedule a stay just to get the granola.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:17 am

Now, to up the ante...

Great news...

... I have had a chat with a really helpful and generally excellent member of the Bankside Guest Relations team (Hannah) who has very kindly put up a prize for the winner of the Great Granola-Off!

Of course, you've guessed it, it's a bag of that epic Bankside Granola!!

So come on folks - vote early, vote often - there's a bag of Gold at stake!

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; Apr 4, 2018 at 10:36 am Reason: update
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:30 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Remember people, this is a matter of life and death, vote today, don't delay!

That is a stroke of inspiration wizla, I've 'liked' yours just for the creativity and to be a good sport!

DCFL...go on...what's the news? Don't leave us hanging!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Remember people, this is a matter of life and death, vote today, don't delay!

That is a stroke of inspiration wizla, I've 'liked' yours just for the creativity and to be a good sport!

DCFL...go on...what's the news? Don't leave us hanging!
lkewise mate likewise........ I genuinely like your creation......I think it will be a close battle!.....get voting people!!!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Great news...

... I have had a chat with a really helpful and generally excellent member of the Bankside Guest Relations team (Hannah) who has very kindly put up a prize for the winner of the Great Granola-Off!

Of course, you've guessed it, it's a bag of that epic Bankside Granola!!

So come on folks - vote early, vote often - there's a bag of Gold at stake!
ironically I was only emailing her this afternoon thanking her and her team for looking after us so well, I've always believed in credit where credit is due ......... great prize by the way!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:52 am

It's currently ( excuse the pun ) 2-2 !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.