Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:29 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

The new Hilton London Bankside is currently planned to open in summer 2015.

It has the same owners as the recently re-flagged Conrad (Synergy Hotels or Surpreme Hotels LLP - different media outlets suggest different names, but same chairman is quoted).

A number of pictures is online -

Not convinved about the outside, but it will feature a swimming pool, which in central London is not all that common. There will also be an Executive Lounge.

292 rooms, of which 21 are suites.

For an exact location check out the map here:
http://www.londontown.com/LondonInfo...uthbank/f5396/
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Excellent ^
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton london Bankside

Noticed this is now on the list of hotels....take a look.....seems nice.....opens this coming September .
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:32 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Parking £58....
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Nice Looking

Walk past it every day. Sits behind a Holiday Inn Express taking up whole block. Dont expect any views from rooms it is hidden in behind the railway line and other buildings.
Very big conference room which will be popular knowing the demand in the area, would expect it to be business with conference and business, big offices right opposite with RBS etc. Also leisure given its location.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Looks like this property is starting to accept reservations for an opening at the end of October. I booked a stay for January. Based on the pictures, I love the look of the inside. We'll see if this will become one of my regular hotels for my frequent London trips.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for bumping the thread, I had missed this, might give it a try coming up in the autimn ^
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Sect...+Hotel+News%29
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:38 pm

I stayed at that Holiday Inn Express last summer. Now I know what the noise was all about. Bankside is a fabulous location for a tourist.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:32 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Taking reservations now. Booked a 3 night stay in November and similar in December for a decent "Welcome to Bankside" price of £180 per night. Easy cancel option included. Hope that this new venue will offer some competition to Hilton Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf for them to re-assess their pricing policies.

PS. Could not resist the offer, reservations made for the same price also in January and February 2016...

Last edited by TTL; Sep 13, 2015 at 7:21 am Reason: PS.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:41 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

what other benefits does the welcome to bankside rate offer over the easy cancellation rate?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:08 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I will be happy with standard Diamond benefits. I suppose they have an exec. lounge. Also cheaper but nonrefundable/cancellable pricing options available...

Last edited by TTL; Sep 13, 2015 at 8:17 am
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
what other benefits does the welcome to bankside rate offer over the easy cancellation rate?
It's cheaper than the standard cancellable rate. That's the main thing, as far as I could see when I booked (last month, at the summer sale rate, of course...)
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
I'll be anxious to read reviews from those booked at the hotel this fall. My reservation is not until January but very much looking forward to staying at this property.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
I've just booked a room for end of this month in the flash sale for £171 - location is great for my office and have fancied this for a while - will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.