Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:46 pm

Checked in today (7th floor) and really happy with the hotel thus far. Friendly staff both at reception and in the lounge. And look what we found with the turn down service!!

[IMG]pic.twitter.com/GpnzcVFJWh[/IMG]
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Is there any more news regarding Diamond upgrades at this hotel? Reward stay from 31st Dec to 2nd Jan to see if I'll make this hotel my London alternative to the Conrad, and wondering if I'll be able to get at least an Executive room to try. From what I've seen there's a suite available at the moment too...
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Stayed here. Online check in was upgrade to exec plus. At check in it was changed to King suite. Will post photos later

Very good stay
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
Stayed here. Online check in was upgrade to exec plus. At check in it was changed to King suite. Will post photos later

Very good stay
Sounds very promising, and seems they're valuing Diamond members so far! Here's hoping I get a try in that suite...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by ocprodigy
Is there any more news regarding Diamond upgrades at this hotel? Reward stay from 31st Dec to 2nd Jan to see if I'll make this hotel my London alternative to the Conrad, and wondering if I'll be able to get at least an Executive room to try. From what I've seen there's a suite available at the moment too...
first time stay at hotel - was given a deluxe room as a diamond member.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
now everybody is HH diamond...
got an upgrade from standard to deluxe for NYE

the week after I stay at the le meridien picadilly, they already upgraded me to executive club suite ^
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I just booked a three-night stay (a little convoluted, as two nights are points, one is money. Had to have the Diamond Desk make a note to merge the multiple reservations from 29th-1st...).

Really looking forward to checking the property out. I usually stay at the Waldorf, they treated me really well last stay I was there. I rarely ask for an upgrade, but I'm hoping some Diamond-love is shown as I could use a larger suite - my daughter is in town, and she might pop by for breakfast and to hang out with us New Year's... it's always nice to have a sitting area instead of making guests sit on your bed.

With any luck, I might even get to wander down to the see the fireworks on the 31st. Anyone know if you can pick up a little view from the Millenium footbridge? I'm not one for wading through the crowds, but if it's only a few steps out of the hotel, past the Tate, and onto the bridge to see the aerials, might be fun.

I'll take some photos and link them up in here with a report. I'm excited, things are looking good already!

TDM
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:34 pm

Fireworks

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I just booked a three-night stay (a little convoluted, as two nights are points, one is money. Had to have the Diamond Desk make a note to merge the multiple reservations from 29th-1st...).

Really looking forward to checking the property out. I usually stay at the Waldorf, they treated me really well last stay I was there. I rarely ask for an upgrade, but I'm hoping some Diamond-love is shown as I could use a larger suite - my daughter is in town, and she might pop by for breakfast and to hang out with us New Year's... it's always nice to have a sitting area instead of making guests sit on your bed.

With any luck, I might even get to wander down to the see the fireworks on the 31st. Anyone know if you can pick up a little view from the Millenium footbridge? I'm not one for wading through the crowds, but if it's only a few steps out of the hotel, past the Tate, and onto the bridge to see the aerials, might be fun.

I'll take some photos and link them up in here with a report. I'm excited, things are looking good already!

TDM
Hi There

I watched firework from Millenium Bridge one year was pretty decent and less crowds although you find find Blackfriars Bridge is nearer hotel and larger with better view. Enjoy stay
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta

Check-in fine, deluxe room instead of "normal", I guess. Two weird things: 1.) when I looked at the OLCI app, even on a floor where pretty much all of the rooms were available to select, none of them were labeled "executive". Dunno if there isn't an Exec level or room type here? (But I did get E-lounge access). And 2.) What the heck are "skirt hangers" and why is that a feature that they'd lead with?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:07 am

Just arrived! Hotel is stunning and spotless as previously reported. Upgraded to Deluxe room and told the hotel is fully booked - and they are, checked on the app when I arrived at my room, so very understandable. Sadly it's empty tomorrow but not worth asking about a change for one night!

Will report more, trying the Distillery today and maybe the restaurant tomorrow...
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
My thoughts on Bankside

Hi all and Happy new year.

Been browsing the BA forum as a lurker for many year and also the HH forum almost as long. having been a FT member a few months I wanted to add my Ł0.02 having stayed at bankside twice in 2015 (auto correct known to interfere and I also call this place "backside")

This place is amazing and a hidden gem in my eye's. from the moment you walk in you know its a "new" hilton and not one of the many tired hiltons spread around the UK. Lots of warm welcomes here and that's before the front desk. the hotel swipes a Ł50 a night pre auth at check in.

My first stay was early november while attending an event at the 02, normal room booked for Ł and was moved to an exec in advance. opted for the standby option and ended up paying just Ł15 extra and had a suite. the room was 151 and very spacious.
Found the exec lounge very comfy, not the biggest spread so not enough for some to stock up and skip dinner, good drink selection though and again lots of friendly staff all happy to help. Breakfast was enjoyed in the main restaurant the following morning as wanted the full choice over exec lounge offering's (which am sure are just fine)

My second stay was for a star wars showing at 23:59 at the BFI IMAX down the road. bagged a great rate in the winter sale and standard room upgraded to an exec room and picked room 158 using e-checkin. with this stay and the suite stay I love the fact the note on the fridge welcomes guests to take a snack and soft drink for free.
I arrived late in the evening and missed snacks and drinks in the lounge, asked for a drink voucher and was given one to use in the distillery bar. again unlike most hiltons in the UK there is a restriction on what drinks can be ordered using a voucher... which is normally a pint of Nats P or a small glass of house vinegar Here I was able to order a nice whisky which i was pleased to hear.
Turn down service was already done in the room which was nice. not sure if a regular diamond treat but there was fresh fruit in the room, a box of popcorn and a nice bottle of red.

The pool area was closed on my first stay as the hotel was still new but did sneak down and looks nice enough on level -2 also the Gym looked well equipped not that I know what goes on in a gym

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London looking for a very comfortable stay without the high price. 60,000 HH points seems a little high for me as does the HH points and Ł rate so would recommend booking advance purchase rate or if there is a sale on to get best value here ^

Photos

King exec

welcome treats

the bar
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:07 am

Review of Stay

Apologies for the delay in posting. This was from on stay on 25th December.
Booked standard room in Winter Sale. Emailed hotel, issues with cheaper rate after I booked. Got email back to say upgrade to Exec room, on check in got a King Deluxe Suite ^
Overall great stay, checked in at 1400, room ready. Tried exec lounge very nice, service on hand. Nice latte and cookie. Evening spread limited, good drinks range but only cheese and some little canapes that was it, quiet though and large area.
Ate dinner in restaurant, this was poor. Expensive and not worth the money but staff great
Left at 0500 on 25th for work, but there was stocking on door with some chocolates and oranges, nice touch.
Gift was sent to room, 3 clementines, nice, but not sure what I would do with them all
The soft drinks and snack free in the mini bar is nice touch, not sure how long this will stay for.
Pool good size, great gym, but it is large area yet no sauna or steam which is a shame.

Onto some photos
Room - 557

Guest Toilet, not to be used if you are even slightly over weight

Sitting Area and Views

Bedroom and Mini Bar - Also there is coffee machine as well

Bathroom

Full bath and shower + large walk in shower

Pool and Gym

Same temperature as pool

Exec Lounge - Ground Floor behind reception next to Restaurant

Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:54 am

Overall impressive and not just its newness

I liked the hotel. We stayed between Christmas and New Year for a bit of London R & R for all 6 Ts. In terms of ambience, fittings and fixtures such a lovely contrast to my last stay earlier in December in Aberdeen:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post25822214

A bit of confusion at check in. I had booked three rooms for two nights. Initially the receptionist only had one room on her system and then three rooms for one night. She said we had been upgraded but I asked her to check. After consultation with the Guest Relations Manager we were put in Executive Rooms. They were all on different floors (fine) but it made me wonder if they were really much better than other rooms. They were very nicely fitted out but perhaps a little bit too minimalist. Maybe a bit bigger than other rooms?

Strangely no Diamond welcome letter or gift and, even stranger, nothing in Executive Rooms to state the benefits. One of the other managers asked how things were and I asked why no explanation by way of letter. "What a good idea! I'll suggest it to the GM." I've always had that in a Hilton or Conrad hotel.............and in most other brands I have stayed with.

While I got nothing my sons appreciated their gift of fruit every day with the compliments of the chef. Don't know if that was Executive or Diamond benefit! They kept me a clementine for the train home (bless!).

The Executive Lounge is really good. Great service at breakfast and throughout the day. More than friendly. Personal. And a really good club atmosphere.

We didn't eat in the hotel but had drinks in Distillery. Excellent place.

The vast number of positives far outweigh the induction of the staff into Hilton ways.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
There are 3 reviews posted today. No one mentioned an afternoon tea in the Executive Lounge. Does anyone know if an afternoon tea with small sandwiches and scones is offered?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by HookEm
There are 3 reviews posted today. No one mentioned an afternoon tea in the Executive Lounge. Does anyone know if an afternoon tea with small sandwiches and scones is offered?
No afternoon tea when I was there. Fruit, nuts, cookies and some Stollen Cake that was it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.