Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by diablo77
How does Bankside compare in terms of Exec Lounge and upgrades?
Plusses and minuses on EL, I thought afternoon tea was excellent, evening reception less than others in London. Upgrades always vary based on occupancy, so could never count on em. I booked junior suite and that's what I got.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Really looking forward to staying here this coming weekend after all the positive reviews ^ as a bit of a late birthday weekend away.

My wife will love the pool and exec lounge and I'm looking forward to a new London Hilton and a lovely full English breakfast.

For those interested in art, the royal academy (RA) has an exhibition showing all three of Monet's Waterlily paintings together (a first for the UK).RA exhibition: painting the modern garden, from Monet to Matisse
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Really looking forward to staying here this coming weekend after all the positive reviews ^ as a bit of a late birthday weekend away.

My wife will love the pool and exec lounge and I'm looking forward to a new London Hilton and a lovely full English breakfast.

For those interested in art, the royal academy (RA) has an exhibition showing all three of Monet's Waterlily paintings together (a first for the UK).RA exhibition: painting the modern garden, from Monet to Matisse
Typical, I'm in London doing a gig up in Finsbury Park , staying at Hilton Islington......we WILL hook up for that pint sometime mate!.....haha....have fun!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:28 am
Suspended

Hello FTers,

Wonder has anyone been able to book the twin family room (2 interconnecting rooms)? It seems to be a great fit for guests with kids. If you have stayed in one, how's it?

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:28 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Wow, really impressed with the staff here, from reception to the lounge (lounge staff particularly) the level of service exceeds any Hilton standard I have experienced so far and is simply outstanding ^^

Pre upgraded to exec room, did online check-in and chose 7th floor room, very nice, decent size and of course new. ^ only downside is there is no bath in the room (walk in shower only) but not a big deal for us.

Exec lounge is a nice size with plenty of seating areas and 2-3 staff to provide complete table service, also note at least two beers, a red and white wine of course and some sparkling wine of some sort ^

Nice selection of cheese, decent finger food. ^

Best Hilton in London, gives the much more expensive and higher branded Conrad a real run for its money. We'll certainly be back and I very much look forward to the breakfast now!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:16 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Firmly on the map

Must second the good reviews of this property - I was very well taken care of earlier this week. Breakfast has a lot of "non-standard" Hilton items - e.g. nice pastries, regional products, etc.

no sauna/steambath - but a nice pool. I just read "pool" and automatically assumed that means sauna and steambath as well.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Small issues very limited to:
- was given the wrong advice on how to get to Heathrow fastest however (lounge host was confident I'd need to go via Victoria for the LHR-Express. Fortunately I knew that my options were limited to via-Paddington or Picaddilly Line).
- no newspaper in the morning despite proactively having been given the choice at check-in.
- the one hot item in the lounge consisted of some bacon cube on a stick with a mushroom. Not the tastiest thing (cold selection made up for it, at least for me).

Happy to recommend.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:26 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Further points about stay last night:

-as treppenlaufer mentioned, no morning paper (forgot to ask at check-in) so Mrs. BotB was disappointed at that.
-breakfast was lovely with great variety and good service even though it was rammed while we were there (10:00 onwards in main restaurant)
-no mention of made to order items other than omelettes but they do other choices such as eggs benedict (which I ordered)
-received email receipt for stay without having to ask for it and check out was quick even though busy.
-shower is nice with rain shower head and hand wand but the tray is not sloped enough so that quite a bit of the water runs down onto main bathroom floor so definitely use a floor mat or towel to soak this up.

Really enjoyed our stay, highly recommended
Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Must second the good reviews of this property - I was very well taken care of earlier this week. Breakfast has a lot of "non-standard" Hilton items - e.g. nice pastries, regional products, etc.

no sauna/steambath - but a nice pool. I just read "pool" and automatically assumed that means sauna and steambath as well.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Small issues very limited to:
- was given the wrong advice on how to get to Heathrow fastest however (lounge host was confident I'd need to go via Victoria for the LHR-Express. Fortunately I knew that my options were limited to via-Paddington or Picaddilly Line).
- no newspaper in the morning despite proactively having been given the choice at check-in.
- the one hot item in the lounge consisted of some bacon cube on a stick with a mushroom. Not the tastiest thing (cold selection made up for it, at least for me).

Happy to recommend.
No sauna!......shame!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:37 am

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

I just completed a one night stay at this property and was very impressed. The staff were wonderful, always friendly and looking to assist. The breakfast had lots of options and was very fresh- one of the better hotel breakfast I've had.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:28 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Sauna

@wizla when writing I thought you may be picking up on the sauna bit pretty certain you would enjoy the hotel nonetheless.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
@wizla when writing I thought you may be picking up on the sauna bit pretty certain you would enjoy the hotel nonetheless.
Ha, thanks mate.....yeah I will stay at some point even if it's just to see what all the fuss is about, certainly sounds good.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Had a second stay in November and was upgraded to a king suite - overlooking the front of the hotel and therefore the road... and I couldn't believe how quiet the room was. Apparently when the hotel was being built, the management stood in the rooms to check that traffic and street noise wasn't coming in to the rooms - they have done a very good job indeed.

It's definitely my London hotel of choice now after two very good stays..
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
This Hotel seems to be getting rave reviews! Can't wait to stay there. My parents stayed in a standard guest room a few weeks ago and also gave it very credible and rave review! Even stating its up there with their top 10 or so hotels in the world!! (I know this includes the GH in Dubai!, understandably not a Hilton but an epic hotel nonetheless.)

Anyhow the on duty manager said this is the new standard of Hilton to set the bar in the UK and hopefully the other Hilton properties will follow in years to come. Let's wait and see!

But I really hope the staff and standards can continue well beyond the honeymoon period that any hotel starts off in when opening. It will be interesting to hear reviews in 2/3 yrs time versus now. My fingers crossed for the team at Bankside.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by diablo77
Currently a Gold member and was thinking of staying here next weekend. Still can't decide which hotel to book, normally receive good upgrades at Hilton London Metropole, Canary Wharf and Tower Bridge.
Which is the best Exec lounge from all hotels mentioned?
Hi-- care to tell us about your HH Gold experience? Staying in April. Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:24 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Another good stay

Diamond.

Pretty short stay here last week, arrival 6pm, departure 5am.

The welcome gift of 3 apples is now one of 3 mandarines booked standard, got executive room (there are a fair bit larger at this property), room was swiftly swapped when I asked for a change of room due to road resurfacing starting later that evening (front desk said hotel was unaware). No noise in 2nd room. Made good use of pool and whirlpool, lounge was a very grown up affair with drinks at table service, that's what I enjoy (after a pretty dismal lounge experience [offer, people, lack of seating...] at the Hilton Kensington earlier that week).

Asked for a breakfast box to go, which was waiting for me in the morning, consisting of a few pastries, mandarine, orange juice bottle and breakfast biscuits.

Good for the hotel but less so for me given my corporate travel guidelines: the rates have started to go up notably.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.