Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by wizla
Does the lounge have Baileys in the spirt selection in happy hour?
.....BEERS - peroni and backs

WINE - red white and a nice prosseco

So, did you get your Baileys?
Old May 29, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Haha, no, I forgot to post that......spirits are jack Daniels, vodka, rum and gin....no baileys.....not too fussed, we are going to the marco perre White restaurant next door, may have one in bar on return.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:11 am

<snip>
I've got to say that so far it's been absolute perfection!.......not one niggle or complaint.....I love it........
Hey Wizla

Thanks for your review of this property, it was appreciated.

My ‘go to’ Hilton in London has been Tower Bridge, but after my last stays, I must admit I’m a tad jaded with the offer (however, love the location and its proximity to Bermondsey Street).

I have a few questions:

- What do you believe are the key positives / negatives when comparing the two hotels?

- Which hotel do you believe offers the best bang for the buck for a Hilton Diamond member?

- I am familiar with Southwark and often head to some of the good pubs in the area, but have not recently stayed in the location. An important consideration for me is safety; particularly transiting the tube to the hotel. I regard myself as streetwise, but Southwark does have a reputation…

Any insights would be valued
Old May 30, 2016, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by OnTheCentreline
Hey Wizla

Thanks for your review of this property, it was appreciated.

My ‘go to’ Hilton in London has been Tower Bridge, but after my last stays, I must admit I’m a tad jaded with the offer (however, love the location and its proximity to Bermondsey Street).

I have a few questions:

- What do you believe are the key positives / negatives when comparing the two hotels?

- Which hotel do you believe offers the best bang for the buck for a Hilton Diamond member?

- I am familiar with Southwark and often head to some of the good pubs in the area, but have not recently stayed in the location. An important consideration for me is safety; particularly transiting the tube to the hotel. I regard myself as streetwise, but Southwark does have a reputation…

Any insights would be valued
Hi there, I will answer this question tonight when I have completed my stay here, had breakfast and time to consider your points, but so far this is way ahead of tower bridge.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:01 am

......oh my days, the perfection continues......lounge was great last night, had a lady approach me and thank me for my trip reports on Canary Wharf and other Hiltons ( if you are reading this thank you for your thoughts, I'm sorry I can't remember your name, but it was great to meet you.) ........left lounge at 8-15 pm to go to marco Pierre white restaurant @ mercure hotel ( 2 min walk from Hilton)...... Very mediocre!......I had the ribs, my lady had the macaroni with mushrooms and poached egg....tasteless apparently.......would not recommend this restaurant.
Back to hotel, slept well, bed very comfy and huge!......air conditioning is perfect and very quiet.
Now having coffee and newspapers in bed ( newspaper arrived no problem) and will go for a swim before breakfast.......the Conrad tonight is gonna have to be bloody good to beat this place......will report back!
Old May 30, 2016, 1:29 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
@Wizla: Agree on MPierre mate, Marco Pierre Restaurants are generally to be avoided - I've only tried three over the years, and I was underwhelmed by each of their 'performances'.

Knowing Bankside well, I'm expecting a glowing breakfast report now from you

(The Conrad is in actual fact run by the same company as Bankside! Lack of sauna and pool as well as the recent reports that they'd charge for some breakfast items will give it a tough starting position. The Lounge experience however was very good, as was the room and staff).
Old May 30, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
......Now having coffee and newspapers in bed ( newspaper arrived no problem) ....
Glad to hear yours arrived. One small niggle I had here a few weeks back was that I received a newspaper only on the last of my 4 day stay (despite raising the issue daily). Very minor on the grand scheme of things.

You MUST have some of their house-roasted granola for breakfast though!
Old May 30, 2016, 3:18 am

Thanks guys.....Morning swim was refreshing.....pool quiet.
Breakfast......Wow!......awesome!....yes had the honey roast granola , loved it!....in fact I had so much of it I couldn't eat the hot food, minor fault was poached eggs were not hot enough, but then I'm mega fussy about my eggs being hot.........finished with coffee in lounge served to table.....will report back!
Old May 30, 2016, 8:27 am

.........check out swift and car returned to me almost straight away

CONCLUSION- perfection!......I loved every aspect of this hotel, I couldn't fault or niggle at anything, yes the poached eggs could be hotter but I am fussy......l will return and recommend!
ROOM NO - 258

NEXT STOP - Conrad st James ( tonight )

Last edited by wizla; May 30, 2016 at 8:43 am Reason: Room no added
Old May 30, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Hi mate, yeah I'm in the lounge now but will be back in tonight...... Blue Carhart shirt, shaven head and beard..... Come and say hello.
Hi mate sorry did not say hello, only just read your message. Were you and your lady drinking prosecco? And have iPads?

Agree with you on the loudness of the group of lads . Heaven when they left!!
Old May 30, 2016, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by russ1h
Hi mate sorry did not say hello, only just read your message. Were you and your lady drinking prosecco? And have iPads?

Agree with you on the loudness of the group of lads . Heaven when they left!!
Yep, that was us!...... I did look out for you , ha, not that I know what you look like...... I enjoyed it and yes what a change of atmosphere when they left!....glad you enjoyed.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:00 am

Yep, that was us!...... I did look out for you , ha, not that I know what you look like...... I enjoyed it and yes what a change of atmosphere when they left!....glad you enjoyed.
Gutted now I know it was you lol! We were sat on the right of the big group of lads next to the 3 men with long beards! Hope you enjoy the Conrad hopefully be in the same Hilton again very soon and catch up then
Old May 30, 2016, 10:19 am

Hi could you please let us know how it compares facilities value wise .Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by russ1h
Hi could you please let us know how it compares facilities value wise .Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Yes will do mate, I remember the guys with the beards....I thought it was a zz top, haha......will do a comparison at end of trip but so far I prefer bankside.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Another great trip report wizla ^ , I also like this bankside hotel when it is cheaper than Conrad. Look forward to your Conrad comparison and to catching up again sometime!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.