Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have three breakfasts here on the horizon, so will be daring with the granola combinations.

Is the reddish tinge on those sausages in the pan from tomato sauce?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Haha, you guys!........gotta say the way DCFL has presented the granola does look supreme, Botb - do you pick up the gauntlet and accept the challenge ? ......... @ PS - no sauce just caramelised.......@ Winnie'sbestfriend - I hardly ever overindulge but on this occasion I did, jeez did I pay yesterday!......feel fine today.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 25, 2018 at 12:43 am Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Sorry for very brief reply, seriously up against it time wise right now but challenge accpted! ^
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Sorry for very brief reply, seriously up against it time wise right now but challenge accpted! ^
haha....love it, you are a sport!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:17 pm

Stayed last Sunday then did a side trip to VIE and back tonight. Wanting to travel light I left a suitcase with the bell stand while I was out.

Just checked in and enquired about my suitcase and was promptly told it was already in my room! Now that's service.

Even better is the upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite

Very nice
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by sdix
...Even better is the upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite

Very nice
You've done well - I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had a suite upgrade.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by sdix
Stayed last Sunday then did a side trip to VIE and back tonight. Wanting to travel light I left a suitcase with the bell stand while I was out.

Just checked in and enquired about my suitcase and was promptly told it was already in my room! Now that's service.

Even better is the upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite

Very nice
That is great service !.......there is an outside chance I may change my booking at the metropole this coming Monday night to here, I'm taking my mother to the ritz for afternoon tea on Tuesday for her 80th birthday and this hotel is only £30 more than the metropole........only problem is it's not a cancelable rate so if it's still the same Sunday night I will switch.......will do trip report on relevant hotel regardless........ will see....

UPDATE - done it!.....changed to here.....couldn't resist.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 29, 2018 at 9:10 am Reason: update added.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Great scrambled egg here too. Just imagine if aliens landed on earth and first ate breakfast at a Holiday Inn Express, and went away thinking that was what scrambled eggs were like??

My favourite London Hilton because of; a) proximity to my employer's City office, b) choice of (free pour) booze in the evenings, c) general niceness of property. Metropole is OK, but SO big, although often expense policy dictates somewhere other than Bankside
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:45 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Just checked in for two night stay over Easter, friendly staff in reception and doorman.

Booked a deluxe room and received same. (No upgrade) room is nice enough so not complaining. Two suites and penthouse still showing on website but when I asked about how much they want to pay to upgrade to a suite, told no rooms left all booked out. Very apologetic and given a token amount of points as apology. Nice gesture. They did take the time to check and say I’d been before, great to see someone using their systems. ^

bathrobes, slippers, card and tray with pears on it in room waiting. ^

now in lounge for a quick drink and a nibble then out to do the sites!

will have first crack at granola challenge tomorrow morning...will report back!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Just checked in for two night stay over Easter, friendly staff in reception and doorman.

Booked a deluxe room and received same. (No upgrade) room is nice enough so not complaining. Two suites and penthouse still showing on website but when I asked about how much they want to pay to upgrade to a suite, told no rooms left all booked out. Very apologetic and given a token amount of points as apology. Nice gesture. They did take the time to check and say I’d been before, great to see someone using their systems. ^

bathrobes, slippers, card and tray with pears on it in room waiting. ^

now in lounge for a quick drink and a nibble then out to do the sites!

will have first crack at granola challenge tomorrow morning...will report back!
I have had a similar offer of a suite upgrade for cash only - disappointing, but standard at this hotel. And they do use their system - recently, when I checked in the front desk manager specifically cited the number of times I had visited before. Then came the unnecessary and slightly odd texts from 'reception' to check if I needed anything. Will be interesting to know whether they still do this!

The pears will have come with a note, no doubt, indicating they were sent by the chef...?
Only a great chef can put three pears on a tray, of course ...

Do us proud with the granola ... obviously you don't actually have to eat it, just make us jealous that you can ^
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I have had a similar offer of a suite upgrade for cash only - disappointing, but standard at this hotel. And they do use their system - recently, when I checked in the front desk manager specifically cited the number of times I had visited before. Then came the unnecessary and slightly odd texts from 'reception' to check if I needed anything. Will be interesting to know whether they still do this!

The pears will have come with a note, no doubt, indicating they were sent by the chef...?

Do us proud with the granola ... obviously you don't actually have to eat it, just make us jealous that you can ^
Hey bob, glad it's all going well, yep I had a couple of pears in room compliments from the head chef too........I'm back there Monday night myself again........ much prefer this to the Waldorf now, if it had a sauna it would be perfection!......enjoy mate!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by wizla

Hey bob, glad it's all going well, yep I had a couple of pears in room compliments from the head chef too........I'm back there Monday night myself again........ much prefer this to the Waldorf now, if it had a sauna it would be perfection!......enjoy mate!
yes, hoping photo of the chef’s pears comes through! Presentation is amazing (still, a nice gesture and better than nothing!)

sauna and/or steam room would be very good, miss those as now quite used to them in Bournemouth / Southampton.

Didnt hit the lounge this evening, we went out and walked around this great city and ate out. Back now, great staff in reception always welcoming. ^

Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader

you got three pears? Well, I never.... obviously you rank higher than me on the Diamond scale!

will see what I can do to defend the granola...watch this space!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:27 pm

you got three pears? Well, I never.... obviously you rank higher than me on the Diamond scale!

will see what I can do to defend the granola...watch this space!
ive got a joker up my sleeve for my granola challenge on Tuesday morning .....yours better be good botb!......let the challenge commence.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:40 pm

No text asking how the stay was, maybe because I’m only a two pear diamond?

Had it this week at Ageas Southampton but not here...

Almost tempted to not post my granola masterpiece until after wizla stays just so I don’t give him ideas! Can one claim granola copyright?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.