Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
No text asking how the stay was, maybe because I’m only a two pear diamond?

Had it this week at Ageas Southampton but not here...

Almost tempted to not post my granola masterpiece until after wizla stays just so I don’t give him ideas! Can one claim granola copyright?
haha!......that's up to you my friend but I'm pretty confident I will take the granola encrusted trophy!...let's see. 👌😆
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by wizla

haha!......that's up to you my friend but I'm pretty confident I will take the granola encrusted trophy!...let's see. 👌😆
forgot to mention, did you manage to find the in-room safe?....... I did eventually but it took a call to reception to advise ?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by wizla

forgot to mention, did you manage to find the in-room safe?....... I did eventually but it took a call to reception to advise ?
didnt look for it to be honest as just tend to lock the bag but after you asked I had to look! Did find it eventually (wardrobe door by entrance, very subtle though!) that was a good Easter egg hunt wizla! ^
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:21 pm

Whhhaaaaa? I'm a zero pear diamond. No fair that I had no pear.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by MissJ
Whhhaaaaa? I'm a zero pear diamond. No fair that I had no pear.
Now you're scaring me about my upcoming trip! I was planning on bringing a knife in my checked bag just for those, unless one is provided?

Still dreaming of three granola-filled mornings ...
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:53 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Is there another fruit scale beyond Pea

Whhhaaaaa? I'm a zero pear d diamond? A new secret fruit scale?iamond. No fair that I had no pear.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Now you're scaring me about my upcoming trip! I was planning on bringing a knife in my checked bag just for those, unless one is provided?

Still dreaming of three granola-filled mornings ...
No knife in the room, I’ve checked...two small coffee spoons if you’re feeling MacGyver like...

More curious and concerning....never noticed anyone mention sculptural animal trophy heads in the rooms? I kid you not...seems we’re in the Wolf/dog room...anyone else had a room with this, completely new to me and s bit random!

and, can you sense the anticipation? T-45 to Granola time...

​​​​​​​
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:06 am

Sorry, I’ll edit the above post to quote correctly and have my comments correctly placed in-line when I’m home again as tried several times to edit on the phone and it’s turning into a personal vision of hell... and is comical in its own right...

hopefully it gets the humour across and the bizzare sculpture!

will report back!
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Lol those sculptures are foxes and are a theme around the hotel, look closely they are everywhere esp in lounge and restaurant. Freaking me out at night they are!!
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:48 am

Ah, yes, see all the animal heads in the restaurant now as well...how I missed this until now is beyond me! Thanks. ^

So, the variety of items to mix for the cereals or granola is incredible!

My first granola attempt:

Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:28 am

A picture of the three ‘cereals’, there are others of course but these may be of most interest:
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:24 am

In the lounge again for a quick drink and the service is outstanding, table service, great attitude by staff and engaging the guests, bringing kids some colouring sets, etc...really nice to see. ^
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
No text asking how the stay was, maybe because I’m only a two pear diamond?
Well, there is a saying about comparing apples and oranges ... but the same applies to apples and pears (no, not of cockney rhyming slang fame...). I actually received 3 apples. Not sure if that is more kudos than 2 pears. Maybe we'll call it a draw, with a bonus point to you for having no tedious texts to contend with!

Ah, yes, see all the animal heads in the restaurant now as well...how I missed this until now is beyond me! Thanks. ^

So, the variety of items to mix for the cereals or granola is incredible!

My first granola attempt:

I'll say your first crack at the granola shot is good, BotB, but maybe we'll call it a dry-run ... you can do better, I'm sure - aren't you getting another crack tomorrow morning? Perhaps since you and wizla are in such fierce competition you should hold onto your shot tomorrow and the two of you can post on Wednesday? That way, you'll not contaminate his art with any of your inspiration.
If there is no immediate consensus on the best bowl of the 'Golden Granola' among FTers, having never met either of you, I bring no baggage - and would happily be a fair umpire to call the winner.

Anyway. I'm getting jealous at being out of the game. Nowhere near London, never mind bankside. But, I am in a hotel this weekend, and will perhaps get involved with a non-bankside granola presentation in the morning. The granola won't compete, but the sunny terrace overlooking the Med helps rebalance that disgrace

Handbags at dawn, gentlemen ...
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:33 am

I really like the little white foxes. They can be found in all kinds of odd spots around the common areas.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
I really like the little white foxes. They can be found in all kinds of odd spots around the common areas.
Apparently there are 78 of them all over the hotel, or at least so I have been told.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Well, there is a saying about comparing apples and oranges ... but the same applies to apples and pears (no, not of cockney rhyming slang fame...). I actually received 3 apples. Not sure if that is more kudos than 2 pears. Maybe we'll call it a draw, with a bonus point to you for having no tedious texts to contend with!

I'll say your first crack at the granola shot is good, BotB, but maybe we'll call it a dry-run ... you can do better, I'm sure - aren't you getting another crack tomorrow morning? Perhaps since you and wizla are in such fierce competition you should hold onto your shot tomorrow and the two of you can post on Wednesday? That way, you'll not contaminate his art with any of your inspiration.
If there is no immediate consensus on the best bowl of the 'Golden Granola' among FTers, having never met either of you, I bring no baggage - and would happily be a fair umpire to call the winner.

Anyway. I'm getting jealous at being out of the game. Nowhere near London, never mind bankside. But, I am in a hotel this weekend, and will perhaps get involved with a non-bankside granola presentation in the morning. The granola won't compete, but the sunny terrace overlooking the Med helps rebalance that disgrace

Handbags at dawn, gentlemen ...
HA, brilliant!......I plan to do my usual live report and take photos but yes I can hold back on my granola presentation photo and upload it Wednesday morning , I'm also happy for you to be the official adjudicator ........there has always been good banter between botb and myself ever since we found out we both drive rival German cars....... however I'm extremely confident on winning this! 😂😂😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.