Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
if you are at Hilton Bankside on a Sunday their Sunday Roast Lunch is really good.
There is also a Wagamama literally round the corner less than 1 minute walk away which is good for families.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
Part of the Hilton?
That's what staying at the Mercure does to you! Great for Sunday lunch though.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Thanks all! I'll definitely keep my distance from the Mercure- perhaps even walk on the other side of the street, given the strong negatives Let me know if anyone's staying at Bankside this coming weekend and maybe we can meet up in the lounge for a drink.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks all! I'll definitely keep my distance from the Mercure- perhaps even walk on the other side of the street, given the strong negatives Let me know if anyone's staying at Bankside this coming weekend and maybe we can meet up in the lounge for a drink.
Shame that mate, I'm in Waldorf fri night, nearly booked bankside for a change but Waldorf slightly easier to get to if driving, and then Hilton St. George's park sat night.
If I had book bankside I would have been happy to meet for a beer or two.....have fun!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:54 pm

Go to the lounge early if you want a seat. Heaving at the weekend and not the usual clientele.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
The Laughing Gravy is a fab local restaurant

Hi all-
I'll be staying at the Bankside this coming weekend with my family. After all of the very positive comments recently about the property, I'm very excited to check it out. When travelling with kids, it can be helpful to have some dining options close to the hotel. I've never stayed in this part of London before, so am unfamiliar with the food options (except for Borough Market). I'd appreciate hearing about favorite eating spots within a reasonable (~15 min) walk of the Bankside. Thanks in advance!
It's just 5 minutes away on Blackfriars Rd.
Food service and espresso martinis are all great
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wizla
Shame that mate, I'm in Waldorf fri night, nearly booked bankside for a change but Waldorf slightly easier to get to if driving, and then Hilton St. George's park sat night.
If I had book bankside I would have been happy to meet for a beer or two.....have fun!
I'm sorry that I'll miss meeting you! Enjoy the Waldorf - I did really like the location when I was there a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Go to the lounge early if you want a seat. Heaving at the weekend and not the usual clientele.
Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to stop in on the early side. Am looking forward to comparing it to the other lounges I've been to in London.

Originally Posted by WelshGirl
That sounds great. After a long day of sightseeing, I'll likely be craving an espresso martini.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
Originally Posted by WelshGirl
Thanks for this. Coming back for a week starting this weekend and looking forward to new food options.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: points traveller
what's a good rate for this property? have been watching it over the past week and has now dropped to GBP248/night for my stay which is now within budget (compared to the citizenM and novotel nearby!)

cheers
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Rates can fluctuate a lot depending on day of week and occupancy levels.
We usually stay over the weekend which are cheaper and a good rate would be £119 to £149 on a Friday or Sunday
Weekdays a good rate would be between £159 to £199 but sometimes it can easily be double that.
If your stay is during the week I would say £248 is about average.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: points traveller
down to 199 now - brings in the gamble of waiting further or locking it in!

what's the general upgrade experience here? Will a gold get an upgrade from a twin to a king room?

and any upgrading into lounge access or need to start at that level?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
down to 199 now - brings in the gamble of waiting further or locking it in!

what's the general upgrade experience here? Will a gold get an upgrade from a twin to a king room?

and any upgrading into lounge access or need to start at that level?
From what I've heard:

- To king room yes
- To lounge access no unless you pay
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Bacccccckkkkkk at Bankside! Really couldn't stay away. Like, literally. Working in Reading tomorrow, decided the train journey in the morning is worth staying in Bankside.

Lovely visit so far - hotel is full to capacity so only got an upgrade to Deluxe but more than grateful! There's literally no rooms online!

Been in the exec lounge for just over an hour... chicken gyozas with lime soy, some sort of vegetarian kebab (think peppers, mushrooms, onion) with garlic mayonnaise, and some salmon dish on bread. Usual cheeses etc out and cold meats. Lounge is packed (almost full) but few tables sitll available, just.

Staff friendly as always - a few new faces in the exec lounge! Haven't seen them previously for sure! Exec Lounge Manager came over and greeted me though, been awhile since I've seen her compared to usual!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
It was another perfect stay, albeit I didn't spend much time in my room (lounge drinks -> pub -> a very late pub -> sleep -> running out of my room in a late panic). Guest / Deluxe definitely don't get all the good gear, I think you only gets nuts, jelly babies and chocolate from Executive upwards but still had coke, diet coke, water and orange juice!

Next stay... tonight. Turns out I need to be back at my client tomorrow!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
It was another perfect stay, albeit I didn't spend much time in my room (lounge drinks -> pub -> a very late pub -> sleep -> running out of my room in a late panic). Guest / Deluxe definitely don't get all the good gear, I think you only gets nuts, jelly babies and chocolate from Executive upwards but still had coke, diet coke, water and orange juice!

Next stay... tonight. Turns out I need to be back at my client tomorrow!
Jealous! Already looking at dates for next stay. This is officially my new fave even over the Conrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.