Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Another great trip report wizla ^ , I also like this bankside hotel when it is cheaper than Conrad. Look forward to your Conrad comparison and to catching up again sometime!
Thanks mate, as I'm sure you read, I loved it....this Conrad is nice too but so far I prefer bankside.....however open mind and still this eve and breakfast to go as yet and yes I hope we can hook up for a drink again sometime, I enjoyed Bournemouth last Feb......safe travels my friend.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by wizla
Yes will do mate, I remember the guys with the beards....I thought it was a zz top, haha......will do a comparison at end of trip but so far I prefer bankside.
Quality^ That's exactly what my wife said! All joking apart Bankside is fantastic
Old May 30, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by russ1h
Quality^ That's exactly what my wife said! All joking apart Bankside is fantastic
I noticed them, they all looked alike.....funny enough it wasn't the beards, I noticed one of them at the bar was dressed head to toe in " carhartt " , I'm a Carhart collector myself and thought this was unusual......fair play.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
probably roadies then

if you are looking for dinner round there in future try Baltic or Hixster
Old May 30, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Had a 2-night stay here on points about 2 weeks ago and really liked the hotel design and location. Especially enjoyed the large shower, although I thought bathroom lighting was terrible. The lounge staff were particularly friendly and helpful although the evening offerings were not memorable...I didn't make it to breakfast either day. Other staff were also professional and helpful. They offered my choice of newspaper and didn't deliver on either morning. These are quibbles, not really complaints, and I would gladly stay here again. Lastly, the food I picked up for a few quid was vastly superior to my dinner at the Mercure, which was overpriced and tasteless.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by caldrich
Had a 2-night stay here on points about 2 weeks ago and really liked the hotel design and location. Especially enjoyed the large shower, although I thought bathroom lighting was terrible. The lounge staff were particularly friendly and helpful although the evening offerings were not memorable...I didn't make it to breakfast either day. Other staff were also professional and helpful. They offered my choice of newspaper and didn't deliver on either morning. These are quibbles, not really complaints, and I would gladly stay here again. Lastly, the food I picked up for a few quid was vastly superior to my dinner at the Mercure, which was overpriced and tasteless.
Yeah the mercure was rubbish, my ribs were dry and tasteless too.........I spent so much time researching the hotel I did not look at the local area for dinner, we were in the lounge before we though about it......good old Google!..... That said when I went marco perre White @ Doubletree Chester it was very good!.
I met him once at Hilton Canary Wharf, seemed like a nice bloke.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Completed my 6th stay here (1 night, Mon).

Only really spent 40 minutes in the hotel before heading out for dinner then sleep.. Rushed breakfast.. Been a tiring week!

Executive lounge staff seem to know who I am now.. Nice little touch having a "welcome back" when you walk in!

One issue I need to check with - I booked a King Deluxe One Bedroom Suite through the app and the confirmation came through saying "King Deluxe Junior Suite", which doesn't even exist. On arrival I was told I was upgraded from the King Deluxe Jr Suite to a King One Bedroom Suite...?!

Didn't mention it at the time as I was exhausted but something I'll be chasing up for sure. Props for the upgrade but confused how a 1 bed turned into a Jr suite...

Other than that, great service again at check-in and in the lounge! The graphite/silver key cards for diamonds are seemingly gone though, I liked that touch...
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by ocprodigy
Completed my 6th stay here (1 night, Mon).

Only really spent 40 minutes in the hotel before heading out for dinner then sleep.. Rushed breakfast.. Been a tiring week!

Executive lounge staff seem to know who I am now.. Nice little touch having a "welcome back" when you walk in!

One issue I need to check with - I booked a King Deluxe One Bedroom Suite through the app and the confirmation came through saying "King Deluxe Junior Suite", which doesn't even exist. On arrival I was told I was upgraded from the King Deluxe Jr Suite to a King One Bedroom Suite...?!

Didn't mention it at the time as I was exhausted but something I'll be chasing up for sure. Props for the upgrade but confused how a 1 bed turned into a Jr suite...

Other than that, great service again at check-in and in the lounge! The graphite/silver key cards for diamonds are seemingly gone though, I liked that touch...
I think from a 1 bed the only possible upgrade is the penthouse suite.,
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I think from a 1 bed the only possible upgrade is the penthouse suite.,
It is - the issue was when I booked a One Bedroom Deluxe Suite, the confirmation came through saying King Deluxe Junior Suite, i.e. not a one bedroom.

So technically I was "upgraded" from a One Bedroom Deluxe Suite to a One Bedroom Suite... Weird?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:38 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Yet another great stay. Arrived 5 PM. Some queuing at the front desk but the friendly agent saw me, came to shake hands and took my signature. Off to the lift without queuing and room card in hand. Room 718 had fully stocked minibar with a note that nonalcoholic and snacks were complimentary. A bowl of fresh and delicious strawberries on courtesy of the chef on the table as well.

EL was somewhat different from what it used to be. Entered around 6:15 PM. A locust invasion had started already before that emptying the food offerings... after one family of five members left, the cleaning lady had to be called in to tidy the places... screaming and running kids along with clueless apparent grandparents... "smart casual" including tank tops, training pants, running shorts & shoes, and flip-flops... exiting lounge unopened beer bottles in hand... But that was fun to just observe.

Turndown service, after watching the BBC Great Debate (congrats for Londoners for your new Mayor, the old one seemed quite a troublemaker) a quiet night, plush linens, comfy bed, humane wake-up call, ample bathroom amenities, and great breakfast. Check out took 10 seconds and the bill copy was sent to e-mail right away. Nothing to complain and still holds no 1 position in my line of London Hiltons.

Last edited by TTL; Jun 22, 2016 at 4:56 am
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:23 pm

Our first stay at this property last night. I'd swapped from our usual Tower Bridge booking based on reviews here and realising it was between our afternoon engagement at the National Theatre and our evening engagement at the Menier Chocolate Factory. It's now our favourite London Hilton...

With a couple of glitches - bit of a cloak of invisibility at breakfast, offered newspaper not arriving - being sorted promptly, the impression given was of a staff dedicated to service. This included swapping out full fat coke for the diet variety and sending someone to our room to point out the location of the safe.

Food and drink in the Executive Lounge were good and plentiful, including their own branded lager. Could do with simple salted peanuts though. A long time since we've had table service as a supplement to, rather than replacement for, the self variety. It was busy with a few families but none had the locust tendency.

After a very restful sleep breakfast proved to be of a high standard. I do like my eggs to be freshly cooked... Granola was sampled and as tasty as others have reported.

We liked the hotel so much we went back a few hours later. Just before going to the Skygarden we realised we were missing a slim travel wallet and thought we must have left it in the safe. A call to the hotel was quickly answered, and on explaining what we were told security would be sent to check whether it was actually there and they would phone us back. This they did and wallet recovered intact.

Now to work out when we can next stay there whilst I still have both points and status.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
still loving this place

Back here again tonight.

Nice canapés in the lounge - The 'variable' stuff included some bread-based canapés involving smoked salmon, some with "parma ham" (though I suspect something more like smoked duck...) + a chutney thing and there was a vegetarian pastry swirl option. The usual stuff comprising crudités, humus, cheese, olives, bread rolls, crackers, crisps, nuts were also out.

Usual 1-cat room upgrade, which is fine, if not stellar...

Overall this place really hits the spot for me... and looking forward to the amazing granola for breakfast already!!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:25 pm

Thought I'd just post a comment about the Bankside, as I stay in many of the London Hiltons, esp Tower, Bankside, Canary and Metopole amd Waldorf. Bankside is definitely up there with the best - the exec lounge food is good imo - big prawns, range of good salads and cheese and a large atmospheric lounge (something the others lack - metropole being the worst of the bunch - crowded). Wish they would agree on a universal closing time for food/alcoholic drink, this is where the Tower wins - not only is it 9pm, but they have an outside terrace, and you can just serve yourself with alcoholic drinks, which I actually prefer. Recently been to Doubletree Westminster and was pleasantly surprised by the exec lounge, small but nice food.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:23 am

Staying at the Mercure round the corner this weekend and popped in to see what all the hype is about. Was given a thirty minute tour by one of the management team and shown a variety of rooms etc.

Must say I'm very impressed. Definitely need to have a stay here soon.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Just came back from an excellent stay here. Thought I'd chime in and share some pictures on this review.

Short version (sans images) - think this might be the best Hilton I've ever stayed in, exceeding even some Conrads I've stayed in previously. Planning to stay at the Conrad London St James next March - hope I don't end up regretting my decision to sample another property!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.