Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
Plenty of Uber available.

If you fancy the underground (I wouldn't in your scenario), I'd take the Piccadilly line to Green Park and take the Jubilee to Southwark. It's around a 10 minute walk from there but it won't be the most convenient change and Southwark has (only some) stairs to the entrance.
Just to correct this (as I'm just back from a stay there): Southwark has step-free access from train to street. You take one lift from the platform up to the ticket hall and then there's another lift up to street level. As far as I can tell, there are a few unavoidable steps at Green Park when changing between the Piccadilly line and the Jubilee line, but Southwark is not a problem. (I had a lot of bags so was trying to avoid steps.)
Old May 26, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I'm here Sunday night, couple of questions if anyone can help please -

Valet parking, anyone done this? and is there anywhere to pull in avoiding double yellows, Google maps is very old image.

Can check in be done via the lounge here?.....I prefer this.

Does the lounge have Baileys in the spirt selection in happy hour?

Any rooms to avoid on OLCI, I prefer quite over great view...I've booked and entry level room.

.......will do the usual trip report as I'm here for no reason whatsoever apart from to have a look at this new Hilton I hear so many great things about......thanks in advance for any tips.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm here Sunday night, couple of questions if anyone can help please -

Valet parking, anyone done this? and is there anywhere to pull in avoiding double yellows, Google maps is very old image.

Any rooms to avoid on OLCI, I prefer quite over great view...I've booked and entry level room.

.......will do the usual trip report as I'm here for no reason whatsoever apart from to have a look at this new Hilton I hear so many great things about......thanks in advance for any tips.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:33 am

I stayed there 2 weeks ago. Free on street parking from lunchtime on Saturday. We arrived at 10 and paid for a couple of hours on meter and then free all sat and Sunday. Looked busy Saturday evening but spaces again by Sunday
Old May 26, 2016, 9:43 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I have had only great stays there, last monday latest. Scented toilet paper no more. Stingy lounge hours only up to around 8 PM (made last time a complaint on this). Drink chits changed to buy one, get one free. Breakfast in restaurant, pay for the "a la carte" items such as omelettes (made a complaint on this). But still a steady quality product and great personal recognition!
Old May 26, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D

Hi wizla,

I hope you like it - I rate this hotel highly. I suspect you'll notice less food on offer in the lounge than at CW and, obviously, it is out for a shorter time.

I don't drink Baileys, so didn't notice whether it is there. However, the staff are keen to bring drinks to your table and are generally exceptionally helpful. So, if its not out, ask - they might get you one...

In theory check-in might be done in the lounge - it is the opaque glazed door just to the right of reception, beside the 2 PCs. However, there are 2 issues - (i) the door is key-card protected and (ii) there was usually no host at the desk just inside the door. So I suspect you'll struggle to get in there never mind find someone to check you in!

Again I found the reception staff excellent so I'd be inclined to rock up there and tell them your preferences. Sadly you can expect only 1-category upgrade though. Or a cash upsell for a suite. I think I was offered a suite for Ł40 which, while reasonable, I just couldn't bring myself to pay for something that can be free elsewhere.

Sorry - no experience of bringing a car to this hotel.

Enjoy!
Old May 27, 2016, 5:20 pm

Thanks for the tips everyone , been pre upgraded to deluxe already and it ain't even olci time yet....will see.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:57 am

Thanks for the tips everyone , been pre upgraded to deluxe already and it ain't even olci time yet....will see.
Slight change of strategy, I originally booked a King Hilton guest room, this got preupgraded to deluxe, I looked this morning and in the Hilton sale I can get a deluxe room for the same price so I booked deluxe and cancelled old upgraded booking......hopefully with a cat 1 upgrade it will get me to executive level.... Nothing yet but will see.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
My wife and I are here at the moment, was originally meant to check out yesterday but decided to stay another couple of nights we like it that much. Might bump into you Wizla in the lounge this evening
Old May 29, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by russ1h
My wife and I are here at the moment, was originally meant to check out yesterday but decided to stay another couple of nights we like it that much. Might bump into you Wizla in the lounge this evening
Hi mate, yeah I'm in the lounge now but will be back in tonight...... Blue Carhart shirt, shaven head and beard..... Come and say hello.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:33 am

Arrived 12-30pm...... Pre upgraded to exec ( booked King guest room ) car valet taken care of ushered through to reception and room ready ........ It's really very nice, super king bed, huge shower ( no bath )........ Spotless and feels brand new, 2nd floor view of courtyard......very quiet.
I'm here with my lady on a leisure break and to simply check the hotel out, I wouldn't normally stay at a Hilton without a sauna but I wanted to see what al the fuss is about with h the he mostly great reviews on here.
I've got to say that so far it's been absolute perfection!.......not one niggle or complaint.....I love it........ Now in Lounge taking afternoon tea, it's very good .... SANDWICHES - chicken and mayo - smoked mackerel and cucumber/ cream cheese......CAKES - scones - treacle tart - strawberry moose - syrup pudding.
There are plenty of fruits and smoothies too.
Going to relax for a bit before a swim and then back to the lounge for a few glasses of wine tonight, so far I'm very impressed....will report back!
Old May 29, 2016, 10:38 am

........pool nice size, jacuzzi so so, however was fairly empty, two or three other people in there........poolside loungers comfy, I nearly fell asleep!......back to room and three pears and a welcome note left for me....nice...complimentary mini bar too ( excluding alcohol)....... I'm loving this!.....off to the lounge shortly and then perhaps out for a meal....will see.....will report back!
Old May 29, 2016, 11:08 am

.......Lounge half full, tranquility spoiled slightly better a bunch of drunken guys being noisy......I like the way the skylight let's in light as there are no windows......
BEERS - peroni and backs

CANAPÉS- hard to explain, like a beef Swiss roll sliced thin and baked?, only one hot option......nice cheese board, smoked salmon and some salads.

WINE - red white and a nice prosseco

Nice lounge , slightly spoiled by drunken idiots.....will report back!
Old May 29, 2016, 11:23 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Thanks Wizla - I was looking forward to your report on Bankside (and St. James?!) as I usually think similarly about your UK property ratings =)
Old May 29, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Thanks Wizla - I was looking forward to your report on Bankside (and St. James?!) as I usually think similarly about your UK property ratings =)
Cheers mate, I appreciate any feedback.....yes I'm in Conrad tomorrow night ( no upgrade from King superior yet ) course will do live report

Just st to add - no crackers at cheese board......however some nice rye bread just came out.......oh and drunk guys now left.....nice!

Last edited by wizla; May 29, 2016 at 11:56 am Reason: Info added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.