Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:53 pm

Does anyone know if there is a restriction on where you can use the $125 food and beverage credit from booking through AmEx FHR?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by LauraFW
Does anyone know if there is a restriction on where you can use the $125 food and beverage credit from booking through AmEx FHR?
I'm curious about this too. I'll be staying there soon.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:16 am

Yes, the credit can only be used at hotel owned dining (like the food court, breakfast restaurant etc.). They will provide a list
Majuki likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titantium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Connecting rooms?

Are there any connecting rooms? I'm trying to decide if we need to book a suite or if two rooms are possible.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by left_arm
Are there any connecting rooms? I'm trying to decide if we need to book a suite or if two rooms are possible.
You can now book (guarantee?) connecting rooms with Hilton (I just did it with another hotel)....on the reservation page it will ask if you want connecting rooms (there's a little thing looks sort of like an infinity symbol), click on that and proceed. If it's not there, then I'd say the answer is no. The problem with the hotel I booked (totally different place) was that you had to choose the same room type for both rooms - we had wanted one King next to two Doubles but it wouldn't do it.

Edit: I just tried and it looks like no connecting rooms at any of the 3 hotels in Resorts World.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jul 25, 2022 at 1:00 am
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LauraFW
There is lots of discussion in the Las Vegas FHR thread in the American Express forum here.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titantium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

Edit: I just tried and it looks like no connecting rooms at any of the 3 hotels in Resorts World.
Thanks, I tried with similar results. And, trying other hotels (like a local Hilton) that option is available. I appreciate the pointer
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by left_arm
Thanks, I tried with similar results. And, trying other hotels (like a local Hilton) that option is available. I appreciate the pointer
Another interesting point about booking connecting rooms, I'm in the throes of it right now....traveling with our kids and grandkids, and they wanted connecting rooms of parents in one king and kids next door in 2 doubles....well, at least at the property I was trying (not in Vegas), both rooms had to be the same bed type, so had to book rooms connecting each with 2 double beds, they all said it was fine, maybe there's more flexibility if you call but we're ok.
left_arm likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:16 pm

I just finished up a 3-night stay with one night using my Aspire certificate and two nights on an FHR rate. Mrs. Majuki and I were a bit disappointed that per other reports the Hilton credit can only be used at Dawg House. We chose to eat dinner there, and they had live music blasting for the duration of our meal. It wasn't the ambience we were seeking for dinner. There was an area setup outside of the venue on artificial turf with some tables, and there were some families with kids sitting there. Perhaps that's how they get around < 21s not being allowed inside the rest of the venue. However, when I stayed at the Conrad as recently as November the credit could be used at both The Kitchen and Suns Out Buns Out. It does feel like these hotels are trying to honor the credit in the most underhanded way possible.

The first night we were upgraded from a city view to a view of the Strip. For the 2nd and 3rd night we were offered the option of keeping the same room - I had booked the Strip view for these two nights - but it was an accessible room without an enclosed shower. I requested a new room, gave the reception my phone number, and received a call around 3 pm notifying me that my new room was ready.

Current FHR benefits are provided in the form of a letter:

• Early 12:00 PM check-in, based on availability (sort of offered based on offering me to continue to stay in the previous night's room)
  • One-tier category room upgrade, based on availability (not offered)
  • Daily complimentary breakfast: Valued at $33 per person (for up to 2 guests) redeemable at The Kitchen before 11:00 AM
  • Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi: $5.00 US Dollar credit applied to final guest folio at check out (didn't use since I had my Diamond number on the booking)
  • Guaranteed 4:00 PM late check-out (offered proactively)
  • Resort Experience Credit: A onetime $125 US Dollar food and beverage credit to be used at participating outlets throughout the Resort
  • Welcome Amenity: Please present this letter at the lobby bar, for a complimentary glass of sparking wine, up to two (2) per reservation (can also be used for juice or soda as a non-alcoholic option)
Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade. The Resort Experience Credit is not eligible for use at on the fly room service, Eight Lounge, Carversteak, Caviar Bar, Tacos El Cabron, Brezza Restaurant, Bar Zazu & Tiger Sugar.
We made our way to the 2nd room in the afternoon, but we sensed the hotel had used a deodorant to mask cigarette smoke. We opted for a different room without issue. Upon checkout the credits were reflected accurately. I did notice that gratuities were a separate line item on the bill, so I don't know if these would be removed if you used them as part of the $125 FHR credit or $33 per person breakfast credit. The line for the Kitchen was astronomical, far longer than my November trip, and it took us a solid 20-30 minutes to get seated both mornings. I can understand why they were shifting Hilton Golds and Diamonds to Dawg House, but why not just open up the venues eligible for the FHR credit? Also, there is a system limitation when trying to do a room charge when ordering via the kiosk at Famous Foods Street Eats. If you add a second guest name to the room in the Hilton reservation, the kiosk will display an error indicating there are multiple guests. The front desk, at least at Crockfords, knew how to fix this, but the experience was not seamless and involved trekking back to the reception to fix.
left_arm likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:26 am

• Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi: $5.00 US Dollar credit applied to final guest folio at check out (didn't use since I had my Diamond number on the booking)

I thought every paid stay gets Wi-fi, courtesy of the resort fee?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
It's an absolute embarrassment that use of the credit is restricted to a "saloon and sports book" named "Dawg House" when there are literally dozens of other dining establishments at the resort. Would be bad enough for the Hilton, but especially egregious for the two luxury brands. How does corporate not step in?
Eujeanie, Majuki and banana0692 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by kilo
I thought every paid stay gets Wi-fi, courtesy of the resort fee?
It's possible. I'm simply posting the wording of the letter verbatim, followed by my commentary. I didn't see any mention of a charge when connecting to Wi-Fi.

Originally Posted by MS02113
It's an absolute embarrassment that use of the credit is restricted to a "saloon and sports book" named "Dawg House" when there are literally dozens of other dining establishments at the resort.
I agree. It was not an enjoyable meal for us with the music at full volume even though we sat in the "outside" area. Service was also slow. I understand that The Kitchen and SOBO are overflowing in the morning, but there needs to be a better solution.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: United 1K
Staying with my wife and 2 young kids (4 and 2) this upcoming weekend. Plan to spend a good amount of time at the pool. Is the Cabana Pool still Crockfords only? The website is somewhat ambiguous stating that there are chairs that are "reserved for Crockfords guests".

Has anyone been offered a discount on a cabana/daybed? Not looking to roast in the sun for 6 hours. Recommendations on kids friendly activities?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by dangerhsun
Is the Cabana Pool still Crockfords only?
There was still a Crockfords only pool as of Saturday. There was an attendant handing out water and towels, but access to the pool wasn't restricted.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
There was still a Crockfords only pool as of Saturday. There was an attendant handing out water and towels, but access to the pool wasn't restricted.
Somehow that sounds contradictory? Who were they not restricting it to? If "anybody" (from the Hilton, Conrad, off the street) could use it, how could it be Crockfords only?
dangerhsun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.