Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Somehow that sounds contradictory? Who were they not restricting it to? If "anybody" (from the Hilton, Conrad, off the street) could use it, how could it be Crockfords only?
It's the far pool with the mushroom in the middle of it. I went to the main desk to get towels, and the attendants there directed me to the Crockfords pool. Part of the entrance was roped off, but the pathways to the side were both open. I just walked in, but nobody challenged me or asked for a room key. I only saw the attendant handing out towels and water bottles after I was in the pool for a bit.

Even though this is an exclusive pool, its size and depth make the main pools much better. The Crockfords only pool has a 4' water depth in 2/3 of it and about 1' deep in the remaining 1/3.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Majuki
It's the far pool with the mushroom in the middle of it. I went to the main desk to get towels, and the attendants there directed me to the Crockfords pool. Part of the entrance was roped off, but the pathways to the side were both open. I just walked in, but nobody challenged me or asked for a room key. I only saw the attendant handing out towels and water bottles after I was in the pool for a bit.

Even though this is an exclusive pool, its size and depth make the main pools much better. The Crockfords only pool has a 4' water depth in 2/3 of it and about 1' deep in the remaining 1/3.
Ugh I hate those super shallow pools, thanks for the info.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Website suggests 11AM to 2AM ( 3 AM on Fri & Sat) so useless for breakfast ( unless you are a late riser)

It now says
HOURS OF OPERATION

Breakfast
Daily
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
All Day Menu
Daily
11:00 AM - Close

theres a pic on Yelp of the breakfast menu, although it calls it “Mouse House” ( personally I feel that restaurants should avoid rodent connotations, although you could argue it worked out for Chuck E. Cheese.)
(Daily from 8a-Ila)
Breakfast Sandwiches
(Served with Tots)
*Wake & Bake
$14
Toasted Beloche Bun, 2 Fried eggs,
Choddar Chose. Apple-wood Bacon
Large Plates
Biscuits and Gravy
$16
2 Buttery Biscuits covered with
Southern Sausage Buttermilk Gravy, with Tots
*Early Bird
$14
Tousled Broche Bun, Sliced Turkey, Swiss Cheese
Apple-uved Bacon, 2 Fried eggi
Nashville Chicken & Waffles $18
Belgian Style Waffle, Our Signature Spity Nashville
Chicken Bites, Maple Syrup, Butter, Sea Salt
*Three Little Pigs
$16
Toasted Brioche Bun, Basoe Jam, Apple-wood Bacon,
Sliced Ham, American Chose, 2 Friod Eggs
Mouse House Skillet
$20
Bacon Lardons, Spinach, Garlic, Mushroom, Onions,
Two eges. Tots topped with melted cheddar
*Caprese
$13
Herb Toated Ciabatta Bread, Heitfoom Tomato,
Creany Burrata Cbcoe, Basil Leat, 2 Fnol ERe
Smoked Salmon Platter
$20
Everything Bagel, Cream Cheese, Smoked Wild Salmon,
Capers, Red Onion, Cucumbers, Heirlooen Tomato,
Lemon Wedges
Avocado Toast $14
Multi Gain Bread, Avocado Slices, Pickled Red Onion,
Heirloom Cherry Tomato, Sea Salt
The Mouse House
&
Drink Specials!!!
Extras
Hash Tots
$14
Carafe of Mimosa $25
Basket of Tots, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sauted Chaion,
Bottomless Mimosa $45
Red Peppst, Ciarlic, Rosemary
(per person)
Applewood-Smoked Bacon (w.) $4
Carafe of Bloody Mary $25
Hair of the Dawg (320) $20
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Booked Hilton Impressario rate incl. breakfast. Is it also limited to DawgHouse like the FHR breakfast?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Mouse House
Isn't this a separate F&B venue? When we were there Mouse House was off to the side with its own seating area within Dawg House.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:00 pm

Isn't this a separate F&B venue? When we were there Mouse House was off to the side with its own seating area within Dawg House.
It is a cart in the grounds of Dawg House. It opens before 0800 (I was there at 0745 and was operating.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I was originally planning on booking my stay here with FHR like most, but given I also book for clients that do not hold Amex Platinum, I decided to book the Impresario rate to get a feel for the treatment at the property. First impressions are generally quite strong. The hardware truly stands out and the general hotel grounds and the room are definitely very luxurious. I'd say the room itself is more akin to what you'd find at a top tier luxury hotel in Asia. We just came from a few days at the Cosmopolitan and the difference between the hotels is quite stark. I'll be updating my post as we finish our stay, but overall quite happy with the property so far.

It's obviously a little more remote than the other strip hotels but IMO that's just a positive, but ultimately this depends on what your priorities for the stay are. In regards to the F&B credit, given I am also HHD, we got to try out Dawg House. It was honestly fine. It's nothing special but also not as terrible as some have described it in the past. The property is obviously being intentionally skimpy with the credit, and I'd assume most, like us would get tired of the Dawg House fare after a day or two of using it, likely resulting in the credit not being used. The F&B credit has a few exclusions, but we were told that Fuhu, the upscale Asian restaurant accepted the credit, and we intend to use it there.

A point of concern was that during our check-in process, and while we were waiting ~30 min for our room, 90% of the guests that checked in were FHR guests. This is of course merely an observation of maybe around 20 guests in total. Many of these guests seemed to be staying for one night. Prior to arriving, I had reached out to the hotel with the concern that many reviews mention that rooms are not ready even at standard check-in time, to which the hotel mentioned that a lot of guests utilise the Amex FHR 4pm checkout, which makes turning the rooms around more difficult. One can ask the question how long it will take before it like many other Vegas properties (eg Delano) will be pulled from FHR inventory and exclusively be available for Virtuoso/Impresario, given that a) many do short stays - paying little, getting a ton of freebies, and b) how it impacts the overall operations of the hotel - eg being able to deliver on check-in times etc.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by 2035
It is a cart in the grounds of Dawg House. It opens before 0800 (I was there at 0745 and was operating.
I know Mouse House is located inside Dawg House, but is it considered part of Dawg House for the use of the Hilton F&B credit? We were uncertain and thought that the hotel might try to exclude it as a different restaurant.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:42 pm

I know Mouse House is located inside Dawg House, but is it considered part of Dawg House for the use of the Hilton F&B credit? We were uncertain and thought that the hotel might try to exclude it as a different restaurant.
This sentence encapsulates why I can't explain true points hacking to my friends lol
Dad to Rei and Majuki like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:53 pm

Curious what FT considers the best place to use the $125 FHR credit while on property for one quick night. Seems like Wally's is solid? I get in fairly late tomorrow night (around 6PM), and then leave for SF early the following morning ... I've never been to Vegas, and this is a quick stopover while I'm driving back home. Main goal is to eat a solid, (almost) free meal via the FHR credit. I also have HH Diamond, so was thinking to grab a drink at the Dawg house place before dinner.
Majuki likes this.

Last edited by kthpence; Aug 9, 2022 at 9:25 pm
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
Curious what FT considers the best place to use the $125 FHR credit while on property for one quick night.
It depends what type of cuisine you're in the mood to have. There wasn't any issue with applying the credits. Mrs. Majuki and I had dinner at Kusa Nori, which ran us $125 with tips.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Curious what FT considers the best place to use the $125 FHR credit while on property for one quick night. Seems like Wally's is solid? I get in fairly late tomorrow night (around 6PM), and then leave for SF early the following morning ... I've never been to Vegas, and this is a quick stopover while I'm driving back home. Main goal is to eat a solid, (almost) free meal via the FHR credit. I also have HH Diamond, so was thinking to grab a drink at the Dawg house place before dinner.
Fuhu was really nice. You should be able to get a nice meal for 1 person with $125.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titantium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
We ate at ¡Viva! and enjoyed our meal and drinks (with a similar late arrival using Vegas as a stop over). But, I was also there with two children, and it was more aligned with their palates
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Eaten at both multiple times. If your interested in keeping it close to the $125, then for 1 person - I agree with the Fuhu recommendation, for two - id probably go to Wallys.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:37 am

Would very much caution against staying here, or at the very least, think to re-consider staying here as I just completed a FHR stay with HH Diamond, and it was truly one of the worst hotels I've been to all year (stay in hotels ~100 nights / year).

Biggest issue was with check in on a seemingly quiet Wednesday night. Three front desk agents, all of whom were helping other customers, eventually called me forward after I had been waiting for ~30 minutes (why does it take them so long to check people in??). When it was my turn to check-in, the process took another 40 minutes, but only after the FDA went into the back room behind the check-in desk and did so to seemingly downgrade the previous upgrade I had been given during OLCI to a suite on the 5th floor. I was told that I had been upgraded to Strip View Room, which was essentially a view of Trump Tower, and that was it. I was tired and over the whole process at this point + had to run so I could get ready for a show, so I didn't bother asking about the suite I had been upgraded to (and chose) during OLCI.

Once to the room, I went to hop in the shower, only to discover there was no shampoo, just conditioner and two body wash dispensers. No bottle opener in the room, shower door you almost have to yank open with the fear that it may shatter while doing so, water pressure was poor, and the whole room was just all around a disappointment. Absolutely no sound insulation in the room, so you can hear your neighbors talking and doors slamming all night.

Dinner at Wally's was honestly terrible, wine and cocktails were good, but food was very bad. The place you can use your Diamond credit (Brewhaus or something like that?) was somewhere I'd actually have to be paid to go to (I guess I was paid to go there in a way), didn't check out breakfast as I wanted to get on the road and knew it would be nothing special.

I paid $185/night, so my expectations were low, but I couldn't imagine paying more than $300 for an entry level room on a weekend or during a busier time. I didn't have time to check out the pool. Biggest gripe is over an hour to check-in when no one was even at the property really, and being told they were "short staffed" despite having tons of visible staff and very few patrons. Just a weak excuse for poor organization and training.
Sisosig and Michael19887 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.