Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
we had the Ithaafushi Princess inbound and left with Nirvana, the latter was definitely a downgrade imo.
I wonder if this is another one of their 'cunning plans' - to prioritize their best boat for pickups and to take guests back on something less luxurious.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yeah, we know who Michael M is.
It's interesting as at the moment there are no 4s, only 15 5s and 5 3s or less. And of the 15 that are 5s, 6 are from accounts that are new with only 1 contribution.
Speaking of which.....the 2-star review that was posted by Michael M has basically now turned into a 5-star review and the username has changed to MikeM and suddenly there are now 3 contributions. Didn't think we'd notice eh, @NYC_1? What did they give you to change the review to 5 stars.....??
Edit: The TripAdvisor servers are still updating so sometimes the 2-star review is there, sometimes not.
2nd edit: The original 2-star review appears to have been deleted / changed permanently so am unable to C+P its contents.

Stunning property, excellent leadership from management
My wife and I are about to finish a weeklong stay at the new Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi. I recommend that you strongly consider this resort if you are planning a stay in the Maldives.

First, the property itself is spectacular. The property itself is even better than it looks in the videos and pictures. The design and attention to detail is world class and exceeds the highest expectations. The ambition of this project is difficult to process at first becomes more and more apparent with more time on the island. The villas are brilliant - they have spared no expense on the design and construction, and the attention to detail is remarkable. Even the smart features of the room control (which always seem to be like more of a bother than anything else) added value to our stay.

Guests have certain expectations about service and staff interactions at a resort like this, and frankly our expectations were not met during the first half of our stay. I find discussing issues with management to be a waste of time that usually yields nothing other than empty promises and apologies.

This was not the case here. The management team, in particular Simone C. and our concierge, Aida, stepped up and addressed each issue and then some. Last night at dinner it was immediately apparent that things had changed and after Simone introduced himself we understood why. The professionalism and competence of these two individuals completely altered our experience for the better in a way I did not think was possible. It is clear that the staff here is working very hard on delivering for guests. Work needs to be done and certain things, such as the transfer from MLE need to be materially improved, but expert leadership is in place and I expect that they will get there quickly.

The excursion team with Ocean is fantastic – do not hesitate to invest your time and money in activities managed by this company.

So folks. We now know they're up to bribing guests who write negative reviews and are still at the property.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 10, 2019 at 4:48 pm Reason: Added info
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
This is funny.
Yeah. No doubt in a few days there'll be a 5-star review on TA with a similar nick and content and from a member that has only 1 contribution.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Did I miss something? Who is MikeM or Michael M? What’s going on?!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:13 pm

+ 1 who is this Michael guy?

I'll be here in a couple weeks. I'm not getting my Hope's up as we have been to conard maldives and conrad Bora Bora which both exceeded our expectations. But do I have something to worry bout???
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:13 pm

@pineapple First read this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l#post31399851 then re-read my post.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:14 pm

I'll gladly write a 5 star review for them if they throw me a bone.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Did I miss something? Who is MikeM or Michael M? What’s going on?!
The people with the aluminum hats have now joined the thread....

This AM there was a 2-Star review on TA from a MichaelM. That post is now gone. There is now a 5-Star post from a MikeM that was not there this AM.

So if you are following the conspiracy theory the WA pulled a Jedi Mind Trick on the poster. Got them to change their TA handle and update their 2-Star review to a 5-Star.

TD

Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
@pineapple First read this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l#post31399851 then re-read my post.
was there a post prior to that post? Because that post mentioned we know who Michael M is ... but who is he?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

The people with the aluminum hats have now joined the thread....

This AM there was a 2-Star review on TA from a MichaelM. That post is now gone. There is now a 5-Star post from a MikeM that was not there this AM.

So if you are following the conspiracy theory the WA pulled a Jedi Mind Trick on the poster. Got them to change their TA handle and update their 2-Star review to a 5-Star.

TD
I don’t wear an aluminium hat and I haven’t just joined the thread, I’ve been on this thread since Day 1! And on the Rangali thread for the last decade. I wear a pineapple hat though Tin hats don’t really suit me. Looks good on that cat though, haha!

Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:21 pm

O dang thanks guys for clarifying. Ya they threw him a bone so that he would change his review. I'm sure this is going to continue to happen till they establish enough reviews. This is the beginning so they need as many 5 star reviews. Write a review and you might get thrown a bone or two 😉
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:26 pm

I’m wondering if mgmt are following this thread, the way Rangali used to. They have to be. Although the Rangali rep used to actually post on the thread back in the day, not anymore though. I guess they don’t need to.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eyesonthepoints
+ 1 who is this Michael guy?

I'll be here in a couple weeks. I'm not getting my Hope's up as we have been to conard maldives and conrad Bora Bora which both exceeded our expectations. But do I have something to worry bout???
No you don’t, assuming you understand the costs for FB and activities are sky high. Good with that and you will have an amazing time. We were at the Conrad BB last year and IHG Thalasso the year before. WA Maldives hard/soft product blow both of those away...even if you combine the best of both those places vs. WA.

My comments are based on the resorts themselves. But I will say I prefer BB scenery and off property opportunities over the Maldives.

TD
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

No you don’t, assuming you understand the costs for FB and activities are sky high. Good with that and you will have an amazing time. We were at the Conrad BB last year and IHG Thalasso the year before. WA Maldives hard/soft product blow both of those away...even if you combine the best of both those places vs. WA.

My comments are based on the resorts themselves. But I will say I prefer BB scenery and off property opportunities over the Maldives.

TD

Thanks @Traveler Dave appreciate it. We are prepared. Or as prepared as one can be. Haha. It's not cheap. That yacht though $$$$$ haha
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Michael19887
For those who have stayed in a beach villa, how is the privacy when you are on the deck between the units? I like how you have a view to the beach/ocean from the deck with the lower shrubbery, so I am not concerned with people potentially seeing in from walking on the beach. I did want to make sure that you can't see your neighbors next door on their deck. Is there fencing/taller shrubbery between the units for privacy?
This is going to vary a bit among the villas. I was in 623 and couldn't see neighbors. But I recall when walking the beach around some of the 200 villas that there was less privacy. 213 was OK, but some of the other villas nearby (which may not be base beach villas) has less privacy. For example I noted that 205 was ringed in by other villas that jut out around it and that the fence between 205 and 207 doesn't extend far enough out to block the views from one deck to another. 218 also had a deck that lacked privacy but they were still finishing those villas maybe they will add more fencing.

They told me that the King Beach Villas are 208, 216, 220, 213, 601, 605, 609, 612, 613, 618, 622, 623, 625, and 628. That list may not be 100% accurate.

I recommend emailing them and double check that and request 213 or one of the odd 600 villas, or 618 or 622.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Eyesonthepoints
This is my comparison review between the Conrad Bora Bora, Conrad Maldvies and this WA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.